Answer my random question thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
NokkonWud

Re: Answer my random question thread

Post by NokkonWud »

ratsoalbion wrote:Mine was MushroomRatso (the 'mushroom' came out of the original Xbox's randomiser) but I did splash out the £7 to change it after a couple of years! :)
I know it wasn't the case now, because you told me in the past, but when I first heard your name I always read it like "Rats o' Albion" and thought it was a reference to the vermin running around the city from the Fable games.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ha, I didn't know that, but I like it.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I was originally 'Flabio' after the way Murray Walker used to pronounce Fabio Briatore's first name on the BBC F1 coverage.

When it came to signing up for XBox Live, that was already gone. Change of letter, and you have Flabyo.

(And the MrFlabyo version I use on twitter is cause even THAT version was gone by the time I registered...)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

DomsBeard wrote:Ok so what's the stories behind people's names on here?.

Domsbeard came from getting Gears 3 and seeing the trope of someone having a hard time meaning they grow a beard. As a happy beard wearer myself it annoys me for some reason and Domsbeard was born!.
You'll never guess how I came up with mine...
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Neither this name nor my newer username (frozentreasure) really have interesting stories behind them; you'd think at least the latter would, but I literally spun in my chair at my desk while trying to think of a name for a website in late 2009/early 2010 and thought the concept of seeing something of value encased in ice and being unable to get at it was cool. That's about it.