Breaking Bad

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
RoboticMonk3y

Breaking Bad

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Anyone watching the most recent series of this?
Watched the last episode tonight, there's a break until next year.

Best tv I've seen in ages

This weeks episode was jaw dropping.
Ghost World

Re: breaking bad

Post by Ghost World »

I'm mid way though season 2 but I've loved every second of it so far.
Combine Hunter

Re: breaking bad

Post by Combine Hunter »

It keeps getting better and better as it goes along.
NokkonWud

Re: Breaking Bad

Post by NokkonWud »

It's a show that for one reason or another I've always re-started as I've been unable to continue watching it (never due to a lack of enjoyment.)
However, having gotten a puppy and watching it in the back room I've taken the opportunity to finally watch it every time he falls asleep. As a result I am now at the end of Season 3 and Netflix, being the kind people they are, just added Season Four, so I'll get to continue watching it.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Seriously do try to find a window of time to watch it.
It's been continually good throughout.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

A few weeks ago I rented series 1 of Breaking Bad from Lovefilm. After watching 2 episodes, I immediately went to Amazon and bought Series 1-3 on DVD. And watched them all in two weeks. It's without question, my favourite TV series of all time. It starts brilliantly, and just gets better from there. After the frankly outstanding events of Series 3, I'm eagerly awaiting Series 4 on DVD (I don't watch anything online, my connection takes ages doing a 5 minute YouTube clip). It's not out till October 1st, but I notice you can get the German version (that plays in English) from Amazon now. My girlfriend Sarah says she bought me "an expensive Breaking Bad" present the other day, and I strongly suspect she's bought me it :D

Excellent, award winning (and quite rightly) characters, a story that goes places you never expect, it's absolutely unmissable. The only bad thing about it is obviously next year, it's the last ever 8 episodes. God only knows how it'll end. But it's a journey I can't wait to take.

"Yeah Mr White! Yeah Science!"
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

My brother in law raves about it and I've noticed it's on US Netflix so I'm going to have to check it out seen as there's going to be a gap between Falling Skies ending and season 3 of The Walking Dead.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've not seen either, but for what it's worth my Missus seems to be a ways more hooked on Breaking Bad (via US Netflix) than she is on The Wire (via LoveFilm DVD) at this point.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah it's definitely an 'easier' show to watch than The Wire. As is probably obvious by my comments in it's thread, I love The Wire, but I would certainly say Breaking Bad tops it. That's very high praise indeed.

I'd seen people saying "it's brilliant" for a while now, since giving it a chance I can totally see why. There's been several "edge of your seat" moments already, and from what I hear, series 4 and 5 really kick things into high gear.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I'm trying to get out of my habit of berating people for not having seen or engaged with film/TV that I've found to be enjoyable, instead I'm trying to be encouraging of people to try out and see if they enjoy too.

So, to all the people that Have read this thread, and have expressed knowledge of the series, but never watched it, give it a go, it's a really great show. Try to avoid reading too much about it on the web though, there are some very spoilery spoilers out there!
If you're on lovefilm/netflix already, then give the first series a pop, only 7 episodes, so it's not too draining (like 24 ended up being! :P )
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

A lot of these shows sound really good but with my ridiculous gaming schedule/backlog plus love of films and football (live and televised) I have precious little time for TV series' too. Something has to give, sadly.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

DomsBeard wrote:My brother in law raves about it and I've noticed it's on US Netflix so I'm going to have to check it out seen as there's going to be a gap between Falling Skies ending and season 3 of The Walking Dead.
Breaking Bad is also on UK Netflix as well as Canadian Netflix, so you don't just need to limit yourself to the US side of things.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

ratsoalbion wrote:A lot of these shows sound really good but with my ridiculous gaming schedule/backlog plus love of films and football (live and televised) I have precious little time for TV series' too. Something has to give, sadly.
Yeah I echo that sentiment, I find myself more and more these days watching the first series of any given program, loving it and then moving on to something else that's peaked my interest. it's a bit like gaming in that respect there is so much choice out there it seems stupid to stick to just one! Of course in reality it's a stupid thing to do as story arcs have become more and more complex so sectioning yourself away and experiencing just one chunk of a larger picture your really missing out.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I've now got my mate at work into this, he's nearing the end of Series 1. Can't wait to discuss it with him, there's so many brilliant moments that it'll be great to bounce "what did you think of that bit?" off each other. Ironically as he's watching online via streaming, he'll end up seeing Series 5 part one before I do.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

First half of S5 is done. God damnit, I don't really agree with wishing my life away but sod it, i'm n a zany mood!!!

Roll on 2013
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Ghost World wrote:
ratsoalbion wrote:A lot of these shows sound really good but with my ridiculous gaming schedule/backlog plus love of films and football (live and televised) I have precious little time for TV series' too. Something has to give, sadly.
Yeah I echo that sentiment, I find myself more and more these days watching the first series of any given program, loving it and then moving on to something else that's peaked my interest. it's a bit like gaming in that respect there is so much choice out there it seems stupid to stick to just one! Of course in reality it's a stupid thing to do as story arcs have become more and more complex so sectioning yourself away and experiencing just one chunk of a larger picture your really missing out.
I was massively into TV shows, I'd buy box sets like they were going out of fashion and this is something I've spoken about with W1DGET a few times because I would always talk about shows with him, but whilst working away last year I'd live on TV shows, but when I came back I just fell into a situation where I'd play games and taking an hour out for an episode of TV (and often downloading it before hand, nullifying any MP games) just seemed like time I could use to play games. In the end I almost stopped watching TV completely and only now since I got the puppy and hit a little patch where I don't feel like gaming have I had the time to catch up - of which Breaking Bad and NewsRadio are the two shows I'm watching, and it's been really great to have that time.

I think you may get more time to watch TV soon Tony, even if it's just on in the background, but when you only have an hour spare an episode of TV with a cup of tea can often become a more enticing proposition than taking time to get in and then have to leave a game hanging, which of course isn't really possible if it's an online game.
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

I'm currently way more into TV than movies. Mainly because in the last ten years the bar of quality has gone way up, with stuff like The Wire and Breaking Bad putting most movies to shame. TV in my opinion is the best medium for characters as well, because you have a lot more time to truly develop them in ways you can't in movies.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

"You're Heisenberg"

"....That's god damn right"

best opening to an episode EVER :P