Red Dead Redemption - Cane & Rinse 18

Archive for issues 0 - 50
JaySevenZero
Admin

Red Dead Redemption - Cane & Rinse 18

Post by JaySevenZero » August 27th, 2012, 9:08 pm

In this week’s issue, Leon Cox, Tony Atkins, James Carter and Joshua Garrity venture back to the wilds of New Austin, West Elizabeth and Nuevo Paradiso to discuss their opinions on Rockstar Games’ cowboy themed 2010 opus Red Dead Redemption.

Music used in this show is as follows;

Track One Bury Me Not On The Lone Prairie – William Elliot Whitmore – Red Dead Redemption Original Soundtrack

Track TwoFar Away – Jose Gonzalez – Red Dead Redemption Original Soundtrack

Cane & Rinse 18 was edited by Jay Taylor.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our PODCAST RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Here's a Quick Rinse of Red Dead Redemption courtesy of Joshua Garrity.

Alex79uk

Re: Red Dead Redemption - Cane & Rinse 18

Post by Alex79uk » September 9th, 2012, 8:16 pm

Listened to this podcast the other night. When I originally played this game there was something about it that just didn't click. I loved the setting, the atmosphere, the audio and graphics, even the story. Basically everything apart from the missions! They became a real grind I found and the game became a real chore to play. Having listened to the podcast I was inspired to replay the game. I traded my PS3 copy soon as I'd finished it so I was planning on grabbing a pre-owned copy this weekend, and then as luck would have it the game was this weeks freebie on PS+. So I started playing it over the weekend and am loving it. I'm not sure how much I can attribute to the podcast, but I certainly wouldn't be replaying it if I'd not listened!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 9th, 2012, 8:26 pm

That's cool. We love to inspire!
Good timing with the PSN+ freebie anyway (although it has to be said that the 360 version looks noticeably prettier - though I'm guessing from your sig you are single format).

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » September 9th, 2012, 8:36 pm

I do have a 360 as well but I tend to use my PS3 way more. I think it's because I don't have a gold sub on Live, coupled with the fact the Playstation seems to run a lot quieter than my first gen 360. I think Mass Effect 3 is the only game I've played on 360 this year and that was only because I'd carried my save since the first game. I may well go back to 360 for GTA V though, and I sorely wish I'd purchased Skyrim on the Xbox rather than PS3!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 9th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Good call on the ambient machine noise. I've had a 360 slim so long now I'd forgotten the jet engine noise (and heat) levels of the 'classic' 360.

NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud » September 9th, 2012, 9:39 pm

The noise on this generation of consoles is very valid. There's 3x 360's in the house, two Elites and one S, one of those elites has a dodgy fan in its PSU and it's incredibly irritating, the other is quieter but after using an S it's definitely noticeable.

Of the two PS3's I have an original 60gb and a Slim 120gb and, honestly, I can't even use the 60gb anymore due to noise and heat, it's the most ridiculously loud thing ever, the 120gb is beautiful and, whilst it's slightly louder than my 360s it's definitely a lot cooler so I am not as uncomfortable on a night playing that as I am any other machine.

The impact the consoles can have on enjoyment is absolutely huge and, if possible, try and get an Xbox360 S to replace the original one, the difference is very sizeable.

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard » September 9th, 2012, 10:16 pm

When Iistened to this originally I didn't realise about the post credits stuff so cheers for that! Still got undead nightmare sat in my hard drive

NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud » September 10th, 2012, 11:00 pm

DomsBeard wrote:When Iistened to this originally I didn't realise about the post credits stuff so cheers for that! Still got undead nightmare sat in my hard drive
It's a great way for the game to end, and I agree with the way they did it, but I also know a lot of people like yourself who completely missed it as a result.

Ghost World

Post by Ghost World » September 20th, 2012, 11:45 pm

NokkonWud wrote:
DomsBeard wrote:When Iistened to this originally I didn't realise about the post credits stuff so cheers for that! Still got undead nightmare sat in my hard drive
It's a great way for the game to end, and I agree with the way they did it, but I also know a lot of people like yourself who completely missed it as a result.
It still surprises me that they hid away that extra scene the way they did, It has major ramifications on the plot yet I would wager the vast majority of RDR players have no idea it even exists.

BBoyEdgy

Post by BBoyEdgy » September 25th, 2014, 10:54 am

Ghost World wrote:
NokkonWud wrote:
It still surprises me that they hid away that extra scene the way they did, It has major ramifications on the plot yet I would wager the vast majority of RDR players have no idea it even exists.
Which bit is that?

DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard » September 25th, 2014, 12:52 pm

BBoyEdgy wrote:
Ghost World wrote:
NokkonWud wrote:
Which bit is that?
You play as
Spoiler: show
John's son for a while

Ghost World

Post by Ghost World » July 12th, 2015, 1:18 am

Yep Dom that's the bit.