Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Cane & Rinse 44

Archive for issues 0 - 50
JaySevenZero
Admin

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Cane & Rinse 44

Post by JaySevenZero » August 27th, 2012, 11:07 pm

This week we focus on Kojima Productions MGS: Peace Walker.

In the penultimate of our six Metal Gear 25th anniversary specials, Leon, Tony, James and Paul Rooney of Ready-Up arrive at the Central America of the 1970’s for Kojima Productions 2010’s Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Was attempting to follow up 2008’s epic ‘conclusion’ of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots with a handheld title a fool’s errand? And does the game work on home consoles as part of the HD Collection? Strap yourselves in, for this is another long one, as we explore in some detail the plot, gameplay and politics – sexual and otherwise – of the game.

Music used in this show is as follows:

Track 1: Zero Allies! by Kazuma Jinnouchi – MGS: Peace Walker soundtrack

Track 2: Sing by The Carpenters – Now & Then

Track 3: Koi No Yokushi Ryoku by Nana Mizuki – MGS: Peace Walker soundtrack

Cane & Rinse 44 was edited by Jay Taylor.

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our PODCAST RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

magicjoef

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Cane & Rinse 44

Post by magicjoef » January 21st, 2014, 11:42 pm

Have only just recently listened to this one and wanted to say thanks for the episode. Had put it off as I was waiting until I had played Peace Walker, but decided in the end to listen to see if a hand-held port worked on the 360 first. I had no idea this was such a heavily co-op focused game, and it has fit the bill perfectly for a myself and a friend to play. We're only early on, but I'm really enjoying the base building mechanics, and the amount of replayability that provides. Ta!

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » September 24th, 2015, 11:12 am

I just listened to this after finishing the game. Really good episode - just to add to my thoughts on the game that I posted in the MGS thread, playing this on the Vita was great. In the podcast I think the general consensus was that the PSP version on the PSN was perhaps not the best way to enjoy the game due to the controls, and the lack of a second analogue stick to control the camera. Playing on the Vita however was perfect, since you can map the face buttons to the right analogue stick, thus creating exactly the same control scheme you'd find on the PS3 HD version. So anyone holding off playing it on Vita should know this definitely isn't an issue, I think it's the perfect handheld game.

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » January 26th, 2018, 10:14 pm

I’ve been catching up on old episodes and was really interesting to here the discussion around the 2 hour mark where Leon effectively predicts metal gear solid V. Great discussion. I love peace walker and all it’s wackiness although it’s sad to think when I think about playing it again it will probably not support multiplayer any more

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » January 26th, 2018, 10:59 pm

Simonsloth wrote:
January 26th, 2018, 10:14 pm
really interesting to here the discussion around the 2 hour mark where Leon effectively predicts metal gear solid V. Great discussion.
Did I? I have no memory of that!

I do remember correctly predicting StarFox Zero though.
:)

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » January 27th, 2018, 8:53 am

2 hours 5 minutes in. You and Tony disagree about the form metal gear solid V will take.