Microsoft Xbox news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Microsoft Xbox news and discussion thread

Post by JaySevenZero »

I haven't yet been able to find out if they're live-streaming this event or not but if they are does anyone fancy having a conference chat on Skype whilst it's happening as we did for the Sony announcement?

Probably would want to record a Conversational about it sometime too as we also did for the Sony one if anyone would be interested in taking part.

*edit

It takes place at 10am local time which means it's 6pm for us in the UK and VG247 are gonna live-stream it FROM HERE
James

Re: Next Xbox reveal

Post by James »

JaySevenZero wrote:...does anyone fancy having a conference chat on Skype whilst it's happening as we did for the Sony announcement?
Yes.
JaySevenZero wrote:Probably would want to record a Conversational about it sometime too as we also did for the Sony one if anyone would be interested in taking part.
YES!
JaySevenZero wrote:It takes place at 10am local time which means it's 6pm for us in the UK and VG247 are gonna live-stream it FROM HERE
YES, YES, YES!

Absolutely up for this. Was planning to ask if you wanted to do a conversational as contrasting the two announcements could be really interesting.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Cool, I'll be on Skype tomorrow then (Skype name Kotengu) and if anyone fancies just jumping in with the conference call let us know either in this thread or through Skype (if you send a Skype request just be sure to write in the message what it's for so I know you're legit).
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I should be about for the chat. I'll pop on Skype if so!
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

I can't make the Skype call but would definitely be up for the conversational. I get back from work around 8pm most nights and can make plans around weekends.
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

I may have to join in, if only to hear the collective groan when Microsoft announce the next console will be always-online.
James

Post by James »

Electric Crocosaurus wrote:I may have to join in, if only to hear the collective groan when Microsoft announce the next console will be always-online.
"Groan"? I think you mean raucous laughter. :D
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

iwatttfodiwwfa wrote:
Electric Crocosaurus wrote:I may have to join in, if only to hear the collective groan when Microsoft announce the next console will be always-online.
"Groan"? I think you mean raucous laughter. :D
Raucous laughter = the sound of a million PS4 pre-orders
James

Post by James »

With the news that game reveals will be largely held for Microsoft's E3 presentation, I fear that any purchasing decisions will have to wait until then.

I'm very much in the position that these consoles are only as interesting as their exclusive titles, which ironically makes the Wii U a far more interesting prospect than either the new Xbox or PS4, and Microsoft (in particular) have a lot to prove in that regard. Halo, Gears Of War, Fable and Forza just aren't going to swing it for me like they would have for the Xbox 360. It remains to be seen what else Microsoft have up their sleeve, but if I can play it on PC (hello, Watch Dogs) or PS4/Wii U (Metal Gear and a handful of other console titles) then I've no reason to pick up an Xbox.

Roll on tomorrow night, I say. Let's see if Microsoft can deliver on their hype.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I get the feeling that both MS and Sony are keeping a lot of things to themselves. Even past E3, and maybe even later trade shows, some things will be kept under wraps. Things that will turn out to be nasty surprises that we only find out once we get our own hands on these machines.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Scrustle wrote:I get the feeling that both MS and Sony are keeping a lot of things to themselves. Even past E3, and maybe even later trade shows, some things will be kept under wraps. Things that will turn out to be nasty surprises that we only find out once we get our own hands on these machines.
That's pretty much what happened to the Vita.

I remember people were projecting it to cost something like $399 or higher. Then, at E3 (I think?) they announced it'd be $250 and people were thrilled.

Then, a few months later, the memory card fiasco was revealed.
delb2k

Post by delb2k »

Interested in taking part in both, will be on Skype from half five tonight.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I'll be sleeping through it, but if the conversational doesn't happen immediately after the showing, I'd be interested in that, since I'll be watching it once I wake up. I just can't justify staying up all night to myself if it's not E3 or the Big, Live, Live Show.
James

Post by James »

Anyone wanting to hop on Skype can add Jay (Kotengu) and myself (iwatttfodiwwfa). As Jay said, make sure to mention Cane And Rinse in the contact request. We may well end up with too many for a single Skype chat, in which case we can always split the cohort into two groups.

Look forward to seeing as many people there at 18.00 (BST) as can make it.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

One more heads up - there was another recent update for Skype, so best check your version is up to date before you jump into the conversation.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Would anyone like their profile to migrate, or would they rather have a new separate profile?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:Would anyone like their profile to migrate, or would they rather have a new separate profile?
I'd like a new one as I'm too tight to pay 800msp to change my tag as I didn't understand what my tag was when signing up so it's shit ;)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Not sure if I'm in the minority (or silent majority) but I'm pretty excited about this with just an hour to go!

Btw, what's Sarnoff?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Does anyone know if that live stream is likely to work on iPhone, and if not, if there are any iOS friendly streams? Thanks!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hub/reveal seems quite happy to run on my ipad.