E3 2013 conference times and news: Taking an infodump

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

E3 2013 conference times and news: Taking an infodump

Post by dezm0nd »

Microsoft
http://www.xbox.com
Monday 10th June - 1730 GMT

EA
http://www.ea.com/uk/e3-2013
Monday 10th June - 2100 GMT

Ubisoft
http://www.ubisoft.com
Monday 10th June - 2300 GMT

Sony
http://e3.eu.playstation.com/
Tuesday 11th June - 0200 GMT

Nintendo Direct
http://e3.nintendo.com/
Tuesday 11th June - 1500 GMT

IGN's big list of games at this years E3!

http://uk.ign.com/wikis/e3/Big_Games_at_E3_2013

What are your plans for E3 this year? It often coincides with my birthday so I have plenty of time off work and stay up for most of the conferences. We call it "Geek Week" in our house and my girlfriend isn't a fan but you can't blame her, really. I nearly didn't do it this year as i'm growing pretty weary of it but the new console generation has indeed started now that all three major players have their console out in the public in some form or another so I'd regret not laying about in my underpants watching GameTrailers stream all day and night.

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/
http://www.gametrailers.com/e3
http://uk.ign.com/events/e3
James

Re: E3 2013 - Taking an infodump

Post by James »

I'll be working that week, so won't be back in time for MS, but there should be time to watch before Ubisoft start. You'd think having to be up at 0530 on Tuesday 11th would stop me from staying up, but you'd be wrong! :mrgreen:

Yes, I'm an idiot, but I want to see what MS and Sony have to tempt me with. My hope is that I'll see two properly exclusive launch games for each console that I would consider must plays; timed exclusives and exclusive content just don't cut the mustard. Currently there are none for either PS4 or Xbox One.

What's the one game that's your biggest hope, Darren? The Rare game, right? :D
robschach

Post by robschach »

I'll hopefully catch a bit of Microsoft conference after work and before football and then I'll get up at 2am for Sonys because otherwise I'll not see it until after work the next day by which time there will be all kinds of chat about what's gone on. It's definitely better to try and see these things live before shit kicks off.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

iwatttfodiwwfa wrote: What's the one game that's your biggest hope, Darren? The Rare game, right? :D
I can't help but get giddy at the thought, yeah.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

I plan on watching all of them and I'm really looking forward to it. Tuesday is my day off so I can stay up for Sony without feeling too bad the next day. Looks set to be an epic day of gaming news, though its also the same day as the season finale of Game Of Thrones so I'll have to take a break for that at some point.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Damn, they're a bit closer together this year, aren't they? I could probably justify going for a sleep after Ubisoft and waking up for Sony.

Nintendo are always the main event for me. New 3D Mario and whatever Retro are working on are top of my list. Also still holding onto the faint hope that they've got Treasure working on a new Starfox, same as every year. Would love to see Treasure's new 3DS game too.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I'm in California from the 2nd to 16th June arrive back in LA on the 12th June so I'm hoping to sneak in somehow ;)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

A Treasure made Starfox. Oh man, these are megatons which will surely never happen!

We can dream, right?
General Aquila

Post by General Aquila »

Mirror's Edge 2 is the great hope for me, just a sniff is all I need.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Definitely interested in the Sony conference, and always keen to see what Nintendo are doing despite not really having any interest in the Wii-U. I'll not even bother watching the Microsoft one though, I couldn't be less interested in anything they've got to say these days.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

As always I'll be watching the big 3 and as much as I can be arsed with from EA and Ubisoft - two companies I quite often couldn't give a shit about.

I want to see more of the PS4's line up and sadly something representing the second wave of games for the system (IQ reading low, give me graphics level high), I'd also like evidence that third parties are taking the platform seriously (I can see system parity being an artificial issue in the future of third party negotiations).

I'm curious to know if Microsoft have any Japanese alignment considering that I picked up their last system based purely on it's short lived line of exclusives through Dead Rising and Tales of Vesperia, regardless of my bias I'm keen to see the follow up to their recent conference and hope they've got a real game focused event ready for E3.

A much bigger hope is to see Nintendo make that Wii U purchase happen for me and push the 3DS from it's solid best console of the year position to the god-like status as it deserves... Pikmin 3DS? Advance Wars? F-Zero 3D?

High expectations? Yep. Too high? Yep.
James

Post by James »

mikeleddy83 wrote:I'm curious to know if Microsoft have any Japanese alignment considering that I picked up their last system based purely on it's short lived line of exclusives through Dead Rising and Tales of Vesperia, regardless of my bias I'm keen to see the follow up to their recent conference and hope they've got a real game focused event ready for E3.
I'm keeping my hopes in check regarding Microsoft's Japanese offerings. Add to your examples Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Infinite Undiscovery and Rising Star Games bringing Cave shooters and Deadly Premonition to Xbox 360 and there's a solid list of Japanese exclusives on Xbox 360. Sadly, nothing in recent years has indicated that Microsoft intend to continue trying to appeal to the Japanese market.
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

mikeleddy83 wrote:Pikmin 3DS? Advance Wars? F-Zero 3D?
Oh man, it never occurred to me how good a fit Pikmin would be for 3DS. If any of these three things happen at E3/Direct I'll be super excited :D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

ERM, can we stop with the over inflated expectations of Nintendo please.

I am getting seriously aroused that the thought! :grin:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Oh I though that was just a Pikmin in your Pocket (working title).
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Games I'd like to see even though I know how unlikely they would be:

Fallout 4
Elder Scrolls Online coming to consoles
Super Metroid Prime U
Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy VII HD (I know I know)
Shenmue 3 ;)
Mirrors Edge 2

I'm also hoping they will announce dogs in Battlefield 4 or I do fear for DICE's next installment.......
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

dezm0nd wrote:ERM, can we stop with the over inflated expectations of Nintendo please.

I am getting seriously aroused that the thought! :grin:
Sorry. Wii mUsic?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah I'd like Nintendo to make a Wii U a must have rather than a "yeah I'd like one but there's not much for me" as it is now. Much as playing Super Metroid appeals to me very very much for just 30p I can't justify the £200 outlay to get it.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Pretty sure Bethesda have already said they won't be showing Fallout 4 at e3. I remember because this made me have a little cry.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

NokkonWud wrote:Pretty sure Bethesda have already said they won't be showing Fallout 4 at e3. I remember because this made me have a little cry.
Now you've made me have a little cry too :(