Mobile phone gaming

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: iOS Gaming

Post by Alex79 »

Yaaaaaarrr!! Scurvy Scallywags from Ron MonkeyIsland Gilbert is absolutely brilliant! Match 3 puzzler with quest/RPG elements. I love it!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ooh, I will check that out.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I will say one thing - give it an hour. I was ready to dismiss it as a generic bejewelled clone but after a little while you begin to see just how tactical it is.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I had a little play and it was plenty fun enough even at first, so that's cool to hear.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Been playing Kingdom Rush Frontiers recently.

…Eh. I think I prefer the first one, in spite of the improvements to the hero system here.
strickenmcq

Post by strickenmcq »

Free (limited codes) copies of Plants Vs Zombies on Ipad and Iphone:-http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/07/i ... vs-zombies

Not played it myself so not sure what touchscreen controls are like, but am going to download it and give it a go.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It's great on iOS!
CodeThief

Post by CodeThief »

If anyone is into Boardgaming then Agricola is a fantastic iPad implementation (I can't speak for the iPhone version). Give it a look:

http://www.playdekgames.com/games.php?g ... e=Agricola

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/agricol ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Dave
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

The C64 version of Ultima IV is available on the App Store. It's free and it's legit - published by Elite. The first links I came across were US only, but this one works for the UK store:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ultima- ... 33286?mt=8
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Quick note for KOTOR, if you've been playing on PC you can actually import your saves! It means I don't have to redo that first planet yet again, a real bonus.
Alex79

Android and iOS Gaming

Post by Alex79 »

I thought we already had a thread for this but maybe not?

Anyway, post up your favourite phone games. Ones that really stand out from an overcrowded marketplace.

Currently I'm enjoying Shadow Blade (£1.21 on Android. Also available on iOS). It's a damn near perfect 2D platform slash 'em up which will have you replaying stages over and over to get a perfect run. Ultra tight controls (gesture or on screen buttons. I'm using buttons but gesture also worked very well), lovely graphics and it runs smooth as anything on my HTC One. Highly recommend.

I also completed The Room the other day. It is pretty old now so everyone probably knows about it, but if not it's a brilliant puzzle game that simply has you trying to break in to a series of boxes by solving the puzzles. I'm about to start the sequel, and they're perfect for winding down for ten minutes before going to sleep. Nice ambient soundtrack too.

And finally, another ancient game - The Creeps. I admit tower defence games took a while to interest me, but I love them now. This is pretty standard fare, but nice graphics and interesting enemies and weapons make it rise above a lot of similar games.

Anyone else?
dezm0nd

Re: Android and iOS Gaming

Post by dezm0nd »

I play The Room exactly when you do! Right before bedtime, although the sequel has gone a little bit mental and i'm just waiting for it to freak me out and give me nightmares! :)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I'm rather into Threes at the moment - although my better half is currently kicking my arse with her score. I love the simplicity of its design, the soundtrack and the vocal samples that the pieces occasionally throw out there whilst you play.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Double post. Whoops.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Getting back into Anomaly: Warzone Earth at the moment. Not tried the sequel yet.
Zoeking

iOS and Android games I play right now. What's yours?

Post by Zoeking »

Let me share you guys my personal experience about my experience for playing mobile games and I would like to see your games as well. Feel free to comment below and let’s share our games. I have been active in mobile gaming once again and tried games with different genres. Exploring all types of genres is my goal now. Trying to set a benchmark when picking a game. I visited the appstore and google play and made my own research to make a list of all the games that I will play especially during the weekend.

First in my gaming list is Royal Revolt, a reversed tower defense game. Instead of making defense for your own territory, you will play as the invaders. Really cool and exciting story, gameplay and animation. Next up is Dead Trigger, a first person zombie action shooter game. High end graphics and controls. It can be a little tricky at first but you can adapt to it if you play longer. Last but not the least is Kingdom of Legend or K.O.L, a strategy game. One of the few and newest strategy games that I have played in Android and iOS. What I liked about this game is that you can control your own Kingdom. Resources, upgrades, soldiers and a whole lot more. Not to mention that the wars in this game are international. All players around the world can participate. The game itself is very easy to understand along with its mechanics. Superb illustrations of soldiers. A real eye candy if you ask me.

All I can say is that I enjoyed all these games but as a strategist in all types of games I play, King of Legend best suits me well. With all my friends and other players around the world all in one game, this would be one heck of a challenge. How about you guys? What are you playing right now? Are you into Strategy games as well? Lemme know your opinions and suggestions.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cane and Rinse's first bot...? Surely?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Alex79uk wrote:Cane and Rinse's first bot...? Surely?
Maybe, maybe not. I was a little cautious when it was posted but it's fairly innocuous, I'm keeping an eye on it though.
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

JaySevenZero wrote:I'm rather into Threes at the moment - although my better half is currently kicking my arse with her score. I love the simplicity of its design, the soundtrack and the vocal samples that the pieces occasionally throw out there whilst you play.
I agree with all of that. The music is a wonderful composition, and the game is easy enough to pick up and play but strategic enough to keep me deeply engaged.

I really want to play The Room (being such a big fan of the film version -- kidding, of course), but my iPhone is too old to play it :(
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Man that's the one thing that really bugged me about the App store, the way Apple periodically make it so all the new games require latest versions of iOS regardless of whether the phone could have run the game or not.