The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
chase210

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by chase210 »

How are people finding killzone?
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

It has nice hooks....and looks beautiful! A few more MP maps would be nice, but it is a genuine Killzone game!
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

I was wary of Killzone due to the fact that COD on the Vita was such a huge let down. However, after just a short amount of play time my fears were laid to rest.

If you're a fan of the series I highly recommend you pick it up. It plays great, the multiplayer works and the game looks absolutely stunning.
Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

New PS Vita announced for Japan, plus cheaper (and larger) memory cards: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... a-redesign

I was about to start complaining about an update after only buying mine a few months ago, but then noticed they're losing the OLED screen. The new screen may turn out to be great, but for now I'm happy with the first model.

Playstation Vita TV also looks interesting, particularly as it'll be released fairly close to the launch of the new Playstation. Are we going to start seeing a two tier system developing, whereby console makers produce a budget version of their brand to run alongside the expensive 'bells and whistles' console?
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

cheaper vita in different colours, it would have been neat if Sony stepped up with this 6 months ago, it would be a really hard selling point for the PS4 with it's cross compatibility and whatnot.
I really want a vita :(
They're quite sickeningly cheap for what they are now, I'm thinking that my sopt gap to being able to afford a PS4, is buying a cheap second hand vita and jumping on PS+
dezm0nd

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by dezm0nd »

I stole this from IGN! Ain't I a scamp? What're people getting on day one? I'm waiting for Giant Bomb to do their live show in which they spend all day looking at the games before I make a decision. I guess there's a benefit to not being first when it comes to £50 launch titles! :)

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Nice find, have to admit that besides the PS plus selection of DriveClub and Resogun my only purchase will be Battlefield 4. I've inferred that Killzone, Black Flag and Watch Dogs are potential plus games within a year and I'm willing to take that chance but on the F2P front I'm excited for Blacklight: Retribution though I'll be giving the others a go too.

The last action flight sim I played was either EF2000 or TFX (might have even been Flight Unlimited but I can't remember) so I'm well out of my depth with War Thunder but I think a return to aviation is in order and Ace Combat's been off the radar since the PSOne so it's due its time!

How about you Dez, from a quick look at the list what are you after?
Beck

Post by Beck »

I've cancelled my preorder, I wrote a list of games out that I want to play on my PS3 and realised I had so many that I might as well do them first before moving on. I'll see how I get on in February before I shell out for a new console. I'm still looking at PS4 over Xbone
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

Beck wrote:I've cancelled my preorder, I wrote a list of games out that I want to play on my PS3 and realised I had so many that I might as well do them first before moving on. I'll see how I get on in February before I shell out for a new console. I'm still looking at PS4 over Xbone
That's the way I'm looking at it as well. Got so much still to play on PS3 so I'll pick up a PS4 sometime in the new year.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I almost cancelled my pre-order when I found out PS4 won't work in SD, as I don't have an HD TV, never have. I tell Sarah that, and she's just got me a £120 HD TV. To say I'm lucky is a severe understatement.

Still not sure what I'll be getting Day One, it'll either be COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4 or Watch Dogs. Not really interested in Killzone.
Beck

Post by Beck »

I remember when I got my HD TV, you notice the difference as soon as you turn the PS3 on for the first time. Lucky indeed ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Great news Andy. I reckon you're going to enjoy HD (which is now SD pretty much).
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

mikeleddy83 wrote:How about you Dez, from a quick look at the list what are you after?
I've just bought a years worth of PS+ so i'll be checking out DriveClub first. Been a long while since I got into a racing game.

Other than that, i'll keep my eye on Watch Dogs.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

dezm0nd wrote:I stole this from IGN! Ain't I a scamp? What're people getting on day one? I'm waiting for Giant Bomb to do their live show in which they spend all day looking at the games before I make a decision. I guess there's a benefit to not being first when it comes to £50 launch titles! :)

With any luck:
Playstation 4:
KillZone: Shadow Fall
DriveClub (PS+)
Resogun (PS+)
Battlefield 4
Need for Speed: The Rivals
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Watch_Dogs
The Playroom

Xbox One:
Forza Motorsport 5
Dead Rising 3
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Fifa 14
Killer Instinct

I'll also be trying out the F2P games on PS4 as they could be interesting.
Hoping to see Madden 25 and Crimson Dragon drop in price quickly too as I want those.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Hoping I get an email from ShopTo for the mega bundle. Worth it for the camera and second pad alone! KZ will get traded if it's pony.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

dezm0nd wrote:Hoping I get an email from ShopTo for the mega bundle. Worth it for the camera and second pad alone! KZ will get traded if it's pony.
Yeah, would be nice, not sure if it's GAME exclusive or not though.
KillZone, if anything like the previous two, will be great in MP with friends. If it's like the other two it'll also suck so much ass in SP.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I got announced today that ShopTo have a small amount to sell but only to customers who have their ps4 pre-ordered already. They are rolling out emails in waves to folk to ensure they dont oversell them
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

dezm0nd wrote:I got announced today that ShopTo have a small amount to sell but only to customers who have their ps4 pre-ordered already. They are rolling out emails in waves to folk to ensure they dont oversell them
Good luck. Easily the best of the bundles, hope you get one.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Just got my "What bundle're ya buying?" email from Amazon. Decided to go with the Watch Dogs one, as I'm definitely interested in playing that. I've got nearly £30's worth of Nectar points on my card, so that'll go towards either COD Ghosts or Battlefield 4. Fun times ahead :lol: Considering I've spent nearly 7 weeks with some unknown bladder problem, it's good to have something to look forward to.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Eurgh, that sounds horrible mate. Get well soon.