NVIDIA ShadowPlay

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
magicjoef

NVIDIA ShadowPlay

Post by magicjoef »

Just wondered if people had read about/started using ShadowPlay on their NVIDIA gpus. It was a new capture feature that came in on the latest driver update and it seems really good. I think you need NVIDIA Experience installed, but you should do that anyway as it keeps drivers tidy and updated.

You can either manually set it to start/stop, or just keep a certain number of minutes rolling in the background in case something happens you want to save. I thought it would cause BF4 to seize up completely, but there didn't seem to be much hit on performance. I only want to use it to look back and see if I can spot obvious mistakes in my play (there are plenty of those I need to work on!), but the quality is really good.
countstex

Re: NVIDIA ShadowPlay

Post by countstex »

I've experimented with it. For a free product it's very slick, but I would expect nVidia to have a good handle on how to process video ;-) Absolutely worth it for any nVidia owners even if its just to play with, though I'd recommend streaming to another HDD than the one your game is on.
Donk

Post by Donk »

As I understand it there is a hardware video encoder on the video card? Is that correct? Have any of you tried it with live streaming? Does it work with XSplit and OBS?
countstex

Post by countstex »

There's no plug in for OBS for it but it is totally new. I'm not sure if it allows outside access at all though.