The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Dante Fireseed

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by Dante Fireseed »

I'm having real problems with party chat, keep getting booted out of the party (it makes no difference if it's mine or someone elses) and getting error NP-32283-8. I have NAT Type 2, so no problem there. It's really annoying and there doesnt seem to be much online about it. I occasionally get kicked from PSN too, but last night there was no problem getting in and out of games on BF4, just the party chat kept dropping. Anyone else having a similar problem?
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I've only used Party Chat once, so I'm no help I'm afraid.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Got a helpful tip for those people who still enjoy the delights of PS3 gaming but don't like the PS3 controller. Did you know that you can use your brand spanking new PS4 controller on the PS3? Only one problem, it has to be plugged into the PS3 via the charge cable to work. The only button that doesn't work is the PS button(just use a Dualshock 3 controller for that). I know its not wireless use, but if a longer charge cable could be bought then i, for one, would not care, as the DS4 controller is so ergonomic and infinitely better than the DS3 controller.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

You can use it to browse the dashboard, but you can only use it in certain games (it's the minority, sadly, however The Last of Us is thankfully one of them.)
Sinclair Gregstrum

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Well I've finally given in and purchased a Vita. Had a some spare Christmas gift money knocking about and £150 for the Tearaway/LBP bundle was just too good to pass up (although I saw it for as low as £140 before Christmas so kicking myself a little bit!).

So my Vita gaming chums – what should I be buying? Obviously I’ve got Tearaway and LBP, and I’ve just ordered Persona 4 Golden as I’ve wanted to experience that ever since the original PS2 release and I promised myself I’d pick it up if I ever got a Vita. What else would you recommend? Does the Uncharted title hold up well (I enjoyed the PS3 titles)?

Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Playstation plus is a no-brainer if you don't already have it, that'll get you Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Guacamelee straight off. Velocity Ultra is outstanding, and there's a cracking version of Hotline Miami if you haven't played that elsewhere. It's a lovely wee system.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Olli Olli is out tomorrow..
http://r7games.webs.com/olliolli

canabalt meets Tony Hawks skateboarding.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Velocity Ultra, Spelunky, Hotline Miami, The Lone Survivor and Flying Hamster HD are well worth downloading.
Uncharted is brilliant, Touch My Katamari is a lot of fun. I really enjoyed Virtua Tennis too.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Play Gravity Rush it's great fun and not that long!
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Played about 4 and a half hours of Persona 4 Golden and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm already a sucker for a good JRPG but so far this is one of the more engaging examples of the genre I've played.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Really annoyed with myself for not grabbing it in the sale.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Alex79uk wrote:Really annoyed with myself for not grabbing it in the sale.
yes! I missed the sale too, and can't find a copy anywhere for cheaper than £25

I guess if I take a critical look at that, a game I will probably play for 60+ hours is damn good value for £25, but I find it difficult in my brain to justify that for a handheld game that's 2 years old (which in turn is a remake of a game now 6 years old)

I've got some game that were free with playstation plus to churn through, so I'm in no hurry, just got to keep an eye open for a bargain.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Thanks for all the recommendations gang! Certainly enough there to keep me busy for a while by the looks of it! Gravity Rush is definitely on my 'to do' list and Hotline Miami is one of those I've read a lot about and been waiting for an excuse to get stuck into.....

Know what you mean about the high price of P4G being a sticking point RoboticMonk3y, but as you say, £25 for 60+ hours of gameplay from the best rated title on the system (according to Metacritic anyway) isn't bad value!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I frustrates me as well that in the US it's $15-$20 but the shipping (and import duty if you're unlucky enough to get hit brings the cost back up to £25-30
grr!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah well replaying some of the bargain-tastic Final Fantasy games on the store at the moment should pass a few months!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

final fantasy 6, 7 and 9 for £10, or persona 4 golden for £30?
looks like persona is going to be sat on the back burner for quite some time.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

I'd happily have paid far more for Persona 4 Golden than the £25 or so I did looking back after completing it. It's really unfairly labelled by some as 'just a PS2 port' as it adds a considerable amount of content, story elements and new features to hook veterans back in as well as newcomers. I can't give it enough praise, it's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Recommendations to you Sinclair:

I'd echo Spelunky, Hotline Miami, Velocity Ultra and PS+ as all pretty much essential.

Other recommendations I'd offer would be Rayman Origins, Everybody's Golf, Machinarium, Super Stardust Delta, Penguin Party (this is free on PSN, Chu Chu Rocket clone) and a slew of other titles you'll see on the Metacritic list such as Wipeout 2048, Virtua Tennis and Lumines Electronic Symphony. Many of these you'll find dirt cheap. It's a fantastic handheld, enjoy!
countstex

Post by countstex »

My Vita is currentlymy Persona 4 and Zen Pinball machine. Live that Zen stuff is cross buy across all Sony platforms.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I love Zen Pinball. I've got the Star Wars tables, the first Marvel ones they did (Spidey, Wolverine, Iron Man and Blade) and the SF 2 table if you fancy some high score battles. Out of interest, how do you play? I found holding console profile way and using touches on the sides of the screen is my preferred way.
countstex

Post by countstex »

I have tried that orientation, and enjoyed the long view of the tables, but I prefer the tactile feel of the triggers so stick to landscape, in view mode 6. The one that 'looks up' for you.
So far I only have the Star Wars tables on Sony, as I started out on XBOX with Pinball FX2, and I got the big pack on Steam in the sale. But I can see myself buying them all again on Sony's systems too! lol