The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
NokkonWud

Re: The 3DS / Nintendo Direct Thread

Post by NokkonWud »

Those deals are crazy. Very envious of the Layton, Fire Emblem and Donkey Kong titles being so cheap. I'd have snatched all of those up!
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Paper mario isn't great is it :( RE revelations is a surprise though, its awfully good.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Sticker Star? No, it's a damn shame what they did to that game.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Took a punt on James Noir's Hollywood Crimes 3D, which was literally £3 at Grainger Games for a new copy. Not bad for a Layton clone! Pretty low-rent FMV type stuff in between but the puzzles are surprisingly decent.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Nintendo gave a strategy briefing this morning.

Are they looking to maybe move out of games?

It's really not very clear...

(And quite how non-wearable is somehow the other side of wearable tech from where we are now I don't know...)
mikeleddy83

Re: Nintendo Wii U

Post by mikeleddy83 »

First weekend with the system and I'm yet to unwrap my copy of Pikmin 3, it's been good times and solid games! 3d world has justified the system as expected, nintendoland made for some half-decent party play, Wii Fit U has me engaged with this system on a daily basis as much as the pedometer did for the launch of the 3ds, Earthbound covers my missing retro gap and the vwii prompted me to finally start what's set to be a mammoth playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles.

I've managed to fit a little bf4 and 3ds into the weekend but with MGS5:GZ and Destiny a good 6 months apart I think I got the timing just right!
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I'm pretty much on the verge of getting a Wii U. My credit card company just mailed me saying "we're boosting your limit by £2000", and I've some share money coming through. And there's a £200 32gb Zombie U bundle on amazon looking very tempting indeed.
And I'm already doing the "list how many games you'd want" thing to justify it to yourself. Super Mario 3D World, obviously. And New Super Mario Bros U. And Wonderful 101. Pikmin 3. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Bayonetta 2...
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

It has some good games, that's for sure. Whether it will get many more in the future is another thing.
The VC is also pretty nifty
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Also, ZombiU is pretty darn good! :)
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah, I reckon I'll end up getting it. My only concern is I remember there being a huge day one update on release? 1gb or something? Though I could leave that running overnight. And as it's a used machine, it may have been downloaded already...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah, downloads and updates on the Wii U are slooowww no matter how good your broadband connection. But as you say, a pre-owned machine should have received at least the first update with any luck.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Well, it's in my basket, so once the funds clear I'm all in :) Ordered New Super Mario Bros U for £25 while I was at it. And I've got some stuff to trade up to get Super Mario 3D land on payday.
Pikmin 3 I'll probably rent first, as even though I owned a Gamecube, I never played the series. or the Wii re-release either. Wonderful 101 is going for about £25 on Amazon so that may end up getting bought sooner or later.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

You should get Monster Hunter too so you can join in our hunting parties.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Never played Monster Hunter before, that may end up on the list.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

My Wii U is "despatching soon". Exciting times ahead. Found my bag of Wii remotes/chargers in my wardrobe today, good timing there.
I see Pikmin 3 is going for £20 on amazon, pretty tempted by that.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

If you are a fan of local multiplayer games, get Spin the Bottle: Bumpies Party. I swear by that game as its so ridiculous. Hard to explain but have a look at videos online. Its a party smash hit round my place!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Also, congrats on the new console purchase! I hope there are many more new adopters of the machine. Its no way near as bad as the negative press deem it. It could do with being more consistent in terms of VC releases and actual big name games you want to play but now is probably the best time to buy one. They've had the boot up their bum and now I hope they act on it! Some cracking games on their way.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I'll have to check that out when I get chance. I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it, there's plenty I want to play, more than enough to justify it.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

So, my Wii U has been sent, and should arrive Wednesday. Unfortunatly, it's been sent by Hermes. The last parcel they sent me they chucked it in my bin while I was at work. All I can do is leave a note saying "please leave it with my neighbour", and hope they use common sense this time.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

(un)common sense more like.

Hope you enjoy it. I'd like to buy another one day. Feel it was a huge missed opportunity from Nintendo but I'm sure it'll end up with a string of classics by the time it's done.