Does anyone else keep getting logged out?

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Does anyone else keep getting logged out?

Post by Alex79 »

This is getting kind of frustrating, but I was wondering if it was a problem my end. So to speak. But I keep getting logged out of the forum, I always tick the box to 'log in automatically every time' but every time I come back to the forum I'm logged back out if I've not been back for a few hours.

It seems unlikely it's a cookie thing or another problem with my computer since I'm using my desktop machine, laptop and iPhone to access the forum. Also, I frequent a number of forums and don't have this problem with any of them. Just wondered if it was a problem for anyone else, and if so it's quite likely there's a setting in the admin panel regarding auto time outs and stuff (I run a forum on the phpBB 3 software also, and there are several settings about stuff like this you can mess about with).

Anyway, anyone else or just me?

It's not really a biggie, I mean it's not putting me off coming on the forum or anything - would just be handier if it didn't happen!
DomsBeard

Re: Does anyone else keep getting logged out?

Post by DomsBeard »

I'm ok and that's via tapatalk and safari.
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Tapatalk logs me out every now and again for some reason but it don't really bother me
Xantiriad

Post by Xantiriad »

Yes, I'm always getting logged out. I haven't bothered to check my cookie settings.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

It's not a bug, but it's an option in the security settings. The default setting is to allow a set time limited log-in period, after which it'll log a person out automatically, requiring them to log in again. There's articles written online that say that having persistant log-ins could raise the possibility of security issues, but as I keep a close eye on the updates and security stuff I've disabled this function, which should now leave you logged in.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Thanks, that should fix it! :D