Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Ash

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by Ash »

Hi all. I only discovered the show this weekend and have already worked my way through about five episodes. It's so good.

Here are some games I would LOVE to hear you talk about. In alphabetical order as there's no preference...

Chibi-Robo
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Metroid Prime trilogy
Monkey Island series
Valkyria Chronicles
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi Ash, and welcome to the CaR forums!

The good news is that four of those are already are already on the big list and likely to happen at some point, while Chibi Robo is a great suggestion to be added.
Any chance of an HD version for Wii U do you know? ;)
Ash

Post by Ash »

That would be awesome, wouldn't it?
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

With the spiritual successor to Alpha Centari being announced maybe now is the time for a pody on it. God I loved that game. Thinking about it have I already posted this before?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I know they're often mentioned but the Monkey Island series really would be my most wanted. Have you done a Hotline Miami show yet?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No, but it's on the list. I think we have a couple of Hotline Miami fans among the team at least.

Monkey Islands are likely to happen at some point though it's undecided how many of the series we'll do (there are of course 'sort of' five including the Telltale episodic series and that makes it quite an undertaking.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Personally, I would stick to the first three.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Three isn't as good a game, but it was the first fully voice acted one and after that Dominic Armato *is* Guybrush for me. Was really pleased they got him back for the HD remake of the original games.
Katieee120

Post by Katieee120 »

Hey guys :) if you haven't could you consider doing Elder Scrolls Oblivion. That was one of the first games I played that got me into RPG's. could you also consider doing Dragon Age, another epic game :)! (The first one obviously ;))
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

We've had numerous requests for Oblivion and Skyrim as well as a few for Morrowind - still many peoples' favourite Elder Scrolls game.
While I think it would be tough to go back to Arena and Daggerfall we could possibly attempt an Elder Scrolls III to V series, perhaps with six months between each one though!

Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening and Dragon Age II shall be added to the list. Surprisingly they're not on there already.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Morrowind isn't as good as you remember it being. Very fiddly and slow paced game by modern standards. Kind of how Mass Effect 1 feels really clunky alongside the two sequels.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

so I was listening to the Infamous podcast,great stuff by the way,and all of a sudden I remembered that the Crash Bandicoot games where never covered here so that would be interesting to hear even if you were to put all the Naughty Dog games in one issue.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I can add those to the list. I was never a fan though I do have the Naughty Dog PSone trilogy courtesy of PS+. Might be all right to play through on Vita.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Katieee120 wrote:could you also consider doing Dragon Age, another epic game :)!
I was wrong, Origins (and Awakening) were already on the big list. I might have known.
Katieee120

Post by Katieee120 »

Awesome man thanks :)! I also agree with you Flabyo but they were decent games for their time.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Flabyo wrote:Three isn't as good a game, but it was the first fully voice acted one and after that Dominic Armato *is* Guybrush for me. Was really pleased they got him back for the HD remake of the original games.
I really liked the third one, but the fourth just left me a little bit dead inside. I didn't even bother with the Telltale ones.
manofmanybadaliases

Post by manofmanybadaliases »

Red Dead Revolver would be interesting i liked it at the time, plus i feel its been forgotten due to how big Red Dead Redemption was, honestly it's one of the few times where i've played a game and feel like i'm the only one that remembers it
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

We've had a couple of requests and so it's been added to the long list.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I know it not been out to long but MGS V : Ground Zeros would be a good to here different aprochs to the main mission & and thoughts to the debate about the length/cost/replayabilty of the game.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

We never cover anything until it's an absolute minimum of two or three months old and I suspect that we'll probably elect to save Ground Zeroes for part of a larger MGSV podcast, though you never know :)