PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Beck

Re: PlayStation Plus (and the PS Store in general)

Post by Beck »

I'm more than content with ps4 + offerings. I don't expect big games until 2015. Also maybe the moaners should take note that free games, indie or not, are more than Xbox offers.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Yep, fucking moaning little shits. This is unfortunately just a taste of the younger gaming audience, a generation of self entitlement & give me this for nothing, give me that for nothing. Mums & Dads not teaching the respect & proper life values to their kids. Or maybe they do & these kids just like to moan like most teenagers. Either way, im glad they are not on here. :lol:
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Indiana747 wrote: Either way, im glad they are not on here. :lol:
They wouldn't stand a chance, we'd bury their remains in a shallow grave in the woods before anyone would notice they were gone!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Awesome!! So pleased with Dragons Crown and NBA 2k14!
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Pixeljunk Shooter is superb on the PS3, so to get the PS4 version for nowt is great news. :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Is it a megamix of Shooters 1 and 2? I hope so.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Better yet, there's a good chance of Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate being a cross-buy Vita version along with Lone Survivor. With the exception of Limbo (which withdrew its cross-buy status regardless of its plus appearance) every title on plus with cross-buy has been released in no different form to its active retail form.

Better yet, PlaystationEU had this to say:
"Some of you may have spotted a 'sneak peak' at some of June's PS Plus games ;) Hold tight, we'll detail the full line-up tomorrow."

Don pointed out on twitter that we're expecting the annual refresh imminently, it's wishful thinking but I personally hope Sony don't have time for a ps plus segment at E3 and are happy to divulge information tomorrow!

Personally very happy with the line-up and looking forward to setting up some Dragon's Crown online action knowing now that it'll snuggly fit on my memory card at under a gig.

ratsoalbion wrote:Is it a megamix of Shooters 1 and 2? I hope so.
Sounds like it, only played the first so I had to wikipedia the answer but the quote is: 'A new edition by Double Eleven combines both games into one "flowing" narrative'.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ace!
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Not all kids are self-entitled moaning little shits, let's not forget that or be lost in a haze of cynicism...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Very true indeed, the microcosm of the vocal internet community can give a falsely miserable impression.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

ratsoalbion wrote:Very true indeed, the microcosm of the vocal internet community can give a falsely miserable impression.
Don't they always! :D
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Anyone that complains about PS Plus' output needs their head examing frankly. When it does start giving "full" PS4 games out, they won't be happy with that either. "lol it's Knack, it sucks". When Knack does turn up, they'd do well to play it, as it's actually pretty good.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I really like how I can log in to the PS store and click on the current offering of available PS+ games and they're in my account!
I only own a vita, but I've got several games now for PlayStation 3 and 4.
Games I'd love to try.

Games with gold I need to be logged on my Xbox in order to get my free game. You *can* do that from the Xbox web page, *but* you need to give them your credit card details. So even though next month I'm eligible for Xbox one games, I can't get them, because I don't own a next gen console.

Tip of the hat to Sony for that :)
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

hazeredmist wrote:Not all kids are self-entitled moaning little shits, let's not forget that or be lost in a haze of cynicism...
Agreed. Just the ones that complain about getting free shit.
But you know, that haze of cynicism is soooo alluring. :P
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Beck wrote:I'm more than content with ps4 + offerings. I don't expect big games until 2015. Also maybe the moaners should take note that free games, indie or not, are more than Xbox offers.
Actually that's not true.

Also, the games you do get on Xbox are yours to keep forever, not yours as part of an ongoing rental license fee so, if you cancel Gold it doesn't matter, they're your games.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

As for this months PS+, I am one of the ones underwhelmed. There's nothing there that really excites me. I understand Dragon's Crown is a coup for some people, which is good, and I'll try it, but there's nothing in that list I would have bought (exception being NBA 2K14 which I already own on PS4, not PS3.) Sadly, with the exception of Sly Cooper, it's been that way for pretty much the last 4 months.

Still, that's probably their target, right? Why give away the games people would want to buy! :p

Also, NBA 2K14 is really good, hard, but good. I have it on the PS4 and it's one of, if not my most, played game on there. If you're into sports games, give it a go. Fifa could learn a thing or two about how to deliver better commentary and feel throughout the match experience.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

NokkonWud wrote:Also, the games you do get on Xbox are yours to keep forever, not yours as part of an ongoing rental license fee so, if you cancel Gold it doesn't matter, they're your games.
That's no longer the case (as of next month I think).
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

The 360 games will continue to be yours forever even if you can cancel your Gold sub. It's the Xbox One free games that require you to maintain the Gold sub to play.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

PlexShaw wrote:The 360 games will continue to be yours forever even if you can cancel your Gold sub. It's the Xbox One free games that require you to maintain the Gold sub to play.
for now...
give MS 3 months to change their minds, and they'll have their games back as well as your house if you cancel your gold sub :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

PlexShaw wrote:The 360 games will continue to be yours forever even if you can cancel your Gold sub. It's the Xbox One free games that require you to maintain the Gold sub to play.
Ah, that's cool then. I continue to feel both services offer vfm, otherwise I wouldn't continue to subscribe as that would make me feel like some sort of a mug.