Dark Souls I, II and III

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Dark Souls I & II

Post by Alex79 »

I think people made too much of keeping your shield up. Dodge and backstab. You can finish the game without learning to parry, too. Also, enjoy. Best game ever made.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Ah right.
I spent ages trying to parry and got frustrated so stopped playing. I don't even know if it's possible to parry an arrow.
I also didn't realise that blood stains were messages left by other people, wasted 10 minutes trying to get to something I'm clearly not supposed to
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

Yeah, I've beaten the first and second games a number of times and I don't parry.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Tweet for Yoshida reguarding BloodBorne :D

"Miyazaki-san "If you remember the Tower of Latria level in Demon's Souls, that's the kind of atmosphere we want to create with Bloodborne."
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Well I wanted to play a rogue class because I liked the idea of hanging back, or dodging, but I was advised that a heavier character with good armour and strength would make my life easier.
I really like the idea of getting into the game, but getting over that first hurdle of 'getting into' the game is tough.
Why play a game to intentionally frustrate yourself? I guess I need to be a little more persistent.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Is Bloodborne coming out for PS3 as well or is it next gen only? I'm pretty close to getting a PS4 this weekend >_<
Sean

Post by Sean »

Alex79uk wrote:Is Bloodborne coming out for PS3 as well or is it next gen only? I'm pretty close to getting a PS4 this weekend >_<
PS4 only.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ARGH! I had to consult a walkthrough for the first time in the game yesterday and feel annoyed about it. But fuck me, this game has a vague story doesn't it! Turns out I need to beat the Giant Lord boss before I can complete the game, which I'm sure wasn't actually made clear, but whatever. I can't even get a hit on him! What a pain in the ass that guy is!! But, only him and the final boss to beat now.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah he's a pain in the arse alright. It's worth knowing that you cannot block his stomp attack, so don't even bother. I hung round his legs, rolled away when he swiped at me, and kept hitting him tip he died. You can't take too long though, or you get teleported out of the memory.
CapinGreen

Post by CapinGreen »

He's vulnerable to poison and toxic too; if you have some rotten pine resin or access to pyromancy it can really help you out.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Half the time those bloody fireballs coming in from from the left do me in.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

The best thing to do is run like hell straight to the boss.Stick to the absolute far right of the area, and run all the way. You shouldn't get hit by any of the fireballs, and once you're at the boss he's all you have to deal with. Took me several attempts to kill him.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

That's interesting I defeated him on my first try but I almost died to one of those freaking fireballs,just stay in the corner and dodge bettewen his legs if you stay in that area the fight is piece of cake.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cheers all I'll give that a try tomorrow. I've been wasting ages on those two smaller giants first.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

You don't even need to bother with them, that'd explain your fireball problems. Just run past them mate, and get stuck in to the King's ankles. There are two summon points when you first enter the memory as well.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cheers for the tips - just beat him first time! Leaving one last remaining boss to beat! Bitch is going dooooown!!

Ahem.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Finished!

:D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I need Dark Souls 3.

:(
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Congrats, now to wait for the DLC :) And Bloodborne, which I'm very excited for.