Torchlight II

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
link6616

Torchlight II

Post by link6616 »

Anyone else been playing?

I've been really impressed myself. It's a little easy (playing on veteran, running through underleveled), and their servers have had issues linking the game to your account, making online play impossible atm. However outside of that it's just so gosh darn tight. Spells feel like they take as long as they should, I rarely feel like I should move any faster, I always feel strong with lots of options, and a lot of care has been made in making it play well.

Possibly the best examples of this are so minor for me, but are great. One, is control+click, making you attack only valid targets as opposed to shift click to attack without moving. The other, is that in the options you can actually select for certain item types to not appear in text, so once you aren't picking up every single thing anymore, you can just see the stuff you might be interested in (everything drops, this just changes if the names of the items appear on the map or not)

Currently I'm through act 1 and enjoyed my Embermage greatly. I'll be starting up an elite outlander soon too I think though.
magicjoef

Re: Torchlight II

Post by magicjoef »

I'm looking forward to this. I played the first one for quite a while, though somehow losing my save did set me back meaning I never got as far as I would have liked.

It certainly felt like a game that needed other people to play with, so I can only imagine co-op makes it a much more complete experience.
DarthCuddles

Re: Torchlight II

Post by DarthCuddles »

I started off as an embermage on veteran but decided it wasn't for me so restarted as an engineer on normal and been loving it.

my favorite little feature was in Torchlight 1 as well but if you hit w it switches between 2 different weapon load outs so I can go from big fuckoff cannon to big fuckoff hammer instantly