The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: Nintendo Wii U

Post by dezm0nd »

Oh yes!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Bing Bing Bong. This is a public service announcement.

There is a flippin' Bayonetta 2 demo on the Wii U eShop.

Thank you, mind the gap.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'd have to delete stuff to install it... But... hnnngh
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I played it. I think it's the same demo that was at EGX, except you get to play all of it this time. It's brilliant, naturally. Playing it though, I got the impression that when the full game comes out, I'll want to turn up the volume on the music. Also, I swear I actually did better at the game at the show.

Apparently all three GBA Castlevania games are also coming to the Wii U eShop too. I think they went up today for the US, but I can't find them on the EU store.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Adorable!

AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Was already excited for Bayonetta 2 (thanks to Amazon cocking up I'm getting the Special Edition with Bayo 1 for the price of the "vanilla" Bayo 2). This demo has got me even more excited for this. It's fan-bloody-tastic, and if the whole game keeps that pace, then Fuck Yeah!
Wasn't sure how the Gamepad controls would work, but within minutes it feels like second nature.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

So, the Bayonetta 2 reviews are rolling in and unsurprisingly they're all very, very positive!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

This is official Nintendo artwork for Link in the Mario Kart 8 DLC:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/sta ... 7143763968
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

They call it The Master Cycle. What a shit name!
registradus

Post by registradus »

Donkey Kong Country is coming back to Virtual Console! http://www.vooks.net/nintendo-download- ... -peel-ing/
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I wanna throw this out there, so that if it happens I can say that I called it, for whatever that's worth:

The very next Zelda game that Nintendo start development on after Aonuma and/or Miyamoto retires will be that "futuristic" or "modern" Zelda that people have convinced themselves that they wanted for years and years and years.

Most likely it'll come out and the setting won't be as amazing as they were all hoping for. In any case, my point is that things like this official Mario Kartwork makes me think that there has to be at least someone in Nintendo who is aware of the sort of things fans come up with, or has these ideas themselves.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Lol, do you think you could generalise a bit more?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Could well be right Roy, although I don't recall ever having seen a single comment pining for a modern or future Zelda game myself.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I think around the time of Skyward Sword, people were talking about how a future/modernised Zelda game would be cool.

I don't agree with that sentiment.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I think it would be cool, if done right. It would be very hard to do that though. I remember seeing some fan-made concept art for a post-apocalyptic Zelda game, and that actually looked pretty damn cool. It looked kind of like if Hyrule went the way of the world in Enslaved.

Link on a motorbike is stupid though. I think it's hilarious that it actually exists, but I wouldn't want it in a proper Zelda game. Maybe some kind of dirty, futuristic speederbike could be cool instead though. Would fit in with the post-apocalypse style.

Also, Nintendo have had the idea for a futuristic Zelda for a long time. Ever since A Link to the Past I believe, or maybe even earlier. But I'm sure I've read (I think it's even in the Hyrule Historia) that at one point, the idea for the light world/dark world dichotomy was supposed to be a real world/digital world thing instead.
RobC

Post by RobC »

I never got round to playing the original Bayonetta, but I've gone the whole hog with the special edition of 2 after playing the demo. What are peoples thoughts on which to play first? Will I not enjoy the original as much if I plough straight into number 2? I don't know if I could have the game on release day and then put off playing it until I've gone through the first.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

It's all about the action and set pieces for me, with Bayonetta rather than story. For me, I wouldn't have a problem in playing 2 first then going back to 1. By all accounts, Bayonetta has held up incredibly well.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

You should have no problem diving straight into Bayo 2. As much as I love the original, the story for the most part is gibberish. So there's no need to worry "I won't know what's going on". I completed the original on all difficulties, and I'll have no idea what's going on in 2 either.
Story doesn't really matter in Bayonetta. It's all about the action.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I am getting excited to play some more Mario Kart 8 again soon! Oh man.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'm so pleased Yoshi Circuit is in as it's one of my all-time faves. Who knew that Yoshi's outline would make such good racing curves?
Nintendo, that's who knew.