Titanfall

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Electric Crocosaurus

Re: Titanfall

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

I gave in very quickly and picked up a 360 copy today. I can echo the comments about it not looking as nice as elsewhere, but wow, what a brilliant, fun multiplayer. I'll no doubt be on fairly regularly over the next few weeks, so if you're up for a game add my gamertag: laj105
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Loving it, will send you a friend request in a minute.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

First map pack looks like it drops tomorrow.

I've been enjoying this enough that I might actually buy the season pass... and I hardly ever do that.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Is anyone currently playing this on PC or interested in having a few matches on PC one evening soon?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

The Marked For Death mode is on the 360 version now. I'll be on between 7-8pm tonight if anyone fancies some games, I'm close to prestiging and I've never done that before (gamertag bigrich1979).
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Anybody still playing on the Xbox One? I'm deep into it once again after remembering just how special it was on the 360. There's a new patch out sometime today but I'm simply playing anything and everything as it comes and my party is open to anyone (mikeleddy83).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes! I am up for some of this. I've got a date with Destiny tonight but let's make it happen soon (over the weekend perhaps).
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

I'd be up for playing some soon but also can't do tonight. That wave based co-op stuff should be a lot of fun too
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Yeah, the new co-op thing looks fun but also completely impossible with randoms.

4 players I think.

Some of the other changes in the patch notes are most welcome, I like the idea of a ranking system like Hearthstones that resets every month and sits outside of your level/gen. Shame it's only open to gen 10 players for the next week (but I guess they want to iron out bugs).

I'm on gen 6 at the moment, and one of the regen requirements this time is insane, rodeo kill 50 titans! They're adding a method where you can spend black market credits to bypass regen requirements though, but doing so means you can't get the new 'got to gen 10 the hard way' achievement :)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm going to dip in a little tonight but tomorrow (perhaps 6pm) we could get a few games in on the new content?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

K.Nex are selling a bunch of Titanfall construction toys...

Yeah, an M-Rated game with a toyline. That's not odd at all.

(They only have the Atlas and Ogre though, where's my Stryder? Stryder FTW!)
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Flabyo wrote:K.Nex are selling a bunch of Titanfall construction toys...

Yeah, an M-Rated game with a toyline. That's not odd at all.

(They only have the Atlas and Ogre though, where's my Stryder? Stryder FTW!)
Is it odd though? Not quite the same but I remember Nightmare on Elm Street, Alien/Aliens, Terminator among others all having toylines growing up.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The Aliens toys were done for a cartoon show that was cancelled before it aired (one of my favourite pieces of trivia that...)

I don't mean weird as in 'not done before' but weird as in 'why would they DO that?'

(Other examples: The Halo Megablocks toys. The Gears of War Meccano sets. The Call of Duty Megablocks toys.)
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Flabyo wrote:The Aliens toys were done for a cartoon show that was cancelled before it aired (one of my favourite pieces of trivia that...)

I don't mean weird as in 'not done before' but weird as in 'why would they DO that?'

(Other examples: The Halo Megablocks toys. The Gears of War Meccano sets. The Call of Duty Megablocks toys.)
I didn't know that! I will carry that trivia proudly. You are right, it seems odd - I guess I was just pointing out that there is precedence which it seems (by your more recent examples) you are more than aware of. Is it not for the fans then, it isn't so uncommon in geek culture to have toys at your desk/shrine/fortress of solitude celebrating the things you love. The more I think about it, you are kind of right. Not just about the toys, also about the Stryder.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

This is going somewhat off topic, but on the Aliens toys...

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Really can't think of anything better to do for the rest of the day except jump in to this game (just having a break from a 2 hour session). I'm likely to be on quite frequently until the early hours so anyone with that same itch is welcome to send me a friend request and jump on in!
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Is anyone still playing this? I used to play it loads with a friend but he tends to want to play GTA online these days and.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I loved going back to it for the show but realistically will probably struggle to keep it in regular rotation.

Give me a shout if you're hopping on and see me online though.
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Will do! It such a shame I missed it when you were all playing it for the show. It was one of thoughs nice surprises when you think a game is going to be quite dull but it's actually a massive laugh to play. I do love being wrong in these instances!