The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
dezm0nd

Re: Nintendo Wii U

Post by dezm0nd »

It's the first track to get remixed twice! Sets a new standard for them to basically throw all the old course into MK8 over the lifespan on the Wii U. I mean, why wouldn't you? :D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The Smash Bros for Wii U "50 new things" happened last night! Here's the video.

and here's some quick bullet points. Read it all here.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/240141-eu-p ... -for-wii-u

* Eight-Player Mode
* amiibo Figures
* Mewtwo
* New Modes
* Ridley
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Picked up a Wii U today, enjoying it so far after the age of setting it up and downloading updates!

Got the Premium Mario Kart bundle with FIFA 13 & Mass Effect 3 which were both freebies, and Zelda: WW, NSMBU & Zombie U for good measure. Rather excited, haven't had a new home console in quite some time.

My ID is hazeredmist if anyone's down for addage.

Any game recommendations beyond the obvious? I've got Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 on the way...
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. On the store I'd recommend both NES Remix games.
RobC

Post by RobC »

I would highly recommend Rayman Legends. I know it's multi platform but does make good use of the game pad, don't honestly know how they implemented some of these bits for the other platforms.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Hyrule Warriors!
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Got Rayman Legends on Vita but cheers for that! Others noted.

Slightly disappointed by the range of the gamepad, I had hoped to be able to play in bed (the room is directly above my living room) but it looks like I'll have to move the console to the bedroom... First world problems eh :lol:

First impressions are great, New Super Mario Bros is an absolute delight. I've been courting a Wii U for some time now after realising there were far more games on it I wanted than on the PS4/Xbox, and the handheld element is another factor I like. Can't beat that Nintendo feeling 8-)

Also visually, Wind Waker and Mario Kart are absolutely STUNNING - you wouldn't believe this console is underpowered in comparison to other next gen consoles. Feel I've made the right choice!

Oh and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is definitely on the list cheers! Never been into the Dynasty Warriors games but a change of heart from Chet of Chet & Jons podcast fame means it's always possible I might be into it... Is there a demo?
adwild1982

Post by adwild1982 »

hazeredmist wrote:Got Rayman Legends on Vita but cheers for that! Others noted.

Slightly disappointed by the range of the gamepad, I had hoped to be able to play in bed (the room is directly above my living room) but it looks like I'll have to move the console to the bedroom... First world problems eh :lol:

First impressions are great, New Super Mario Bros is an absolute delight. I've been courting a Wii U for some time now after realising there were far more games on it I wanted than on the PS4/Xbox, and the handheld element is another factor I like. Can't beat that Nintendo feeling 8-)

Also visually, Wind Waker and Mario Kart are absolutely STUNNING - you wouldn't believe this console is underpowered in comparison to other next gen consoles. Feel I've made the right choice!

Oh and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is definitely on the list cheers! Never been into the Dynasty Warriors games but a change of heart from Chet of Chet & Jons podcast fame means it's always possible I might be into it... Is there a demo?
I had a Wii U for a short period of time and loved it (wishing I hadn't got rid of it). I keep looking for bargain deal so it forces my hand in to getting one again. Am with you on that it has more appeal than a PS4/Xbox but more of my friends have these and I feel that I will regret not getting a PS4/Xbox.
Beck

Post by Beck »

All this Wii U love is making me want a Wii U :)
adwild1982

Post by adwild1982 »

Beck wrote:All this Wii U love is making me want a Wii U :)
Tell me about it, am thinking of going out today to get one lol.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Grabbed a Wii Remote Plus with Wii Party U (oddly cheaper than a remote on it's own) and a nunchuk. Mario Kart multiplayer and Wii games I missed (Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword etc) here I come!!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Good times ahead! :D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Party U has some cracking games in there. One which involves a lot of drawing and another which is basically multiplayer finger Twister.

MIDDLE FINGER, A BUTTON ON WII REMOTE FOUR! :D
Grimsgrams

Nintendo Wii U

Post by Grimsgrams »

hazeredmist wrote:Any game recommendations beyond the obvious? I've got Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 on the way...
One of my favourites on Wii U is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. It's an acquired taste for sure but if you get into it there's hundreds of hours of gameplay in there. It doesn't seem to want to drop in price unfortunately so it's hard to justify as an impulse purchase, but the eShop version has occasionally been half price. As it happens, the eShop version is also slightly more desirable because of the somewhat shorter load times.

Edit: I'll add you to my friends list by the way :)
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Nice one :) do you have to accept friend requests or do I need to put yours in too to add you like on 3DS?
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

You can just accept friend requests; they'll show up on one of the tabs in Miiverse.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Nintendo have pushed the release date of Smash Bros for Wii U.... to an earlier date of Nov 28th! Woohoo!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Oh! That's unusual.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

dezm0nd wrote:Nintendo have pushed the release date of Smash Bros for Wii U.... to an earlier date of Nov 28th! Woohoo!
Isn't that more of a pull? ;)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Haha, yeah. I guess it depends on which side of the game you're on!