Dark Souls I, II and III

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Dark Souls I & II

Post by Alex79 »

Right, this absolutely confirms it. I absolutely definitely fundamentally need a PS4. I really don't understand how I can live an adequete life as a human being with out one. It's a bloody disgrace that I should be expected to.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Finally beat the Capra Demon! In the end it seems like it was a combination of the stair technique, having properly upgraded gear, and a huge dose of luck. So glad I don't have to do that again.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Good job, got stuck there for a while too. Always nice to hear of another felled Capra Demon :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Not until NG+ anyway...
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Eh, I'm not sure I'll bother with NG+. Not right away anyway. It's a very long game, and extremely demanding. I think after finishing it, if I ever do, starting again immediately probably won't sound that appealing.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

You'll be surprised just how quick you can tear through the world when you know what's going on. I never did NG+ fully, but when I did it for DS2, I was through so much quicker than I was first time round.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I suppose I got a glimpse of that already. When I started my second file I managed to get up to the Capra Demon in like a third of the time it took me first time through.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Plus in my NG+ I started with about 80 humanity things so didn't need to go farming depth rats for it for about 10 hours haha.
James

Post by James »

You may not yet know that (especially in NG+) you won't have to face the Capra Demon at all if you don't want to. It's ridiculous how different subsequent playthroughs seem, once you know the world, enemies and how you want to tackle them.

I still love the fact that this thread is so active. Thanks so much to everyone for continuing to enjoy and talk about these games. :D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I started Demons Souls today!

I got to the Tower Knight dude and got absolutely battered. :O
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Are they still talking about a Demons Souls 2? Whilst I preferred the Dark games I would definitely love a sequel to the game that kicked it all off.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Scrustle wrote:I suppose I got a glimpse of that already. When I started my second file I managed to get up to the Capra Demon in like a third of the time it took me first time through.
You should try starting a new file with the master key in your inventory.
James

Post by James »

Alex79uk wrote:Are they still talking about a Demons Souls 2? Whilst I preferred the Dark games I would definitely love a sequel to the game that kicked it all off.
The Demon's Souls 2 rumours were fed mainly by Shuhei Yoshida's eventual love of the original (and lamentations that Sony didn't pick up a sequel), and the fact that Hidetaka Miyazaki wasn't working on Dark souls II. The game that those rumours turned out to be about is Bloodborne (aka Beast Souls). It seems that's the closest we'll get to a Demon's Souls sequel.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Right, i've hit a bit of a wall here... I need help!

Where to go next? I'm at a bit of a loss.

Beyond Fool's Idol Archstone are the Maneater bosses, they're doing my in right proper.

Beyond Adjudicator Archstone are some translucent idiots with laser beams in a crypt.

The Valley of Defilement first boss. Throws leeches, regens life.
James

Post by James »

Valley Of Defilement is your best bet. Leechmonger can be cheesed with arrows/spells from up above, or tanked with turpentine on a big damage weapon and a bunch of grasses to boost health if the leeches get you.

Maneaters are a right pair of plonkers, possibly the toughest fight in the game, so save them for later. The translucent idiots need to be approached cautiously... there's more to them than first blush would suggest. Tricky area, but one of my favourites for how tough it seems. :twisted:
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Leechmonger dead. The fight wasn't tough but getting there was doing my head in.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I think I cheated a bit on them and sniped the first one from before the fog gate with a bow.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

So with all the talk of Bloodborne and how great it looks, I had another bash as Dark Souls. Got my curse cured, and made a bit more progress in The Depths. Managed to find the Ring of Evil Eye without getting cursed again, killed the giant rat, and found the Gaping Dragon. Is there any trick to this guy? So far it seems like all you have to do is avoid its attacks. Even though it hits hard, windows to attack seem fairly wide, and you just need to avoid the front of the thing.

Oh, and I also got invaded for the first time too. The guy had armour with thorns all over it, so I couldn't even touch the guy. Didn't exactly find that particularly surprising, haha. Of course someone is going to invade a noob's game with armour which makes them untouchable.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I really want to find time to NG+ dark Souls.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Scrustle wrote:So with all the talk of Bloodborne and how great it looks, I had another bash as Dark Souls. Got my curse cured, and made a bit more progress in The Depths. Managed to find the Ring of Evil Eye without getting cursed again, killed the giant rat, and found the Gaping Dragon. Is there any trick to this guy? So far it seems like all you have to do is avoid its attacks. Even though it hits hard, windows to attack seem fairly wide, and you just need to avoid the front of the thing.

Oh, and I also got invaded for the first time too. The guy had armour with thorns all over it, so I couldn't even touch the guy. Didn't exactly find that particularly surprising, haha. Of course someone is going to invade a noob's game with armour which makes them untouchable.
yeah multiplayer builds are pretty weird so I wouldnt be surprised if you saw someone like him again and reguarding Gaping Dragon yeah there's not much too it he's a pretty straight foward boss,by the way try attacking his tail ;)