Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Flabyo

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by Flabyo »

Geometry Wars 3 on the XBO.

More people need to add me as a friend, the leaderboards aren't near full enough :)

I'm just 'Flabyo' on there.
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

Will do mate
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I was disappointed they didn't release GeoWars3 on the Vita.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It could still happen I guess, but perhaps attaining a smooth frame rate while still having as many enemy 'sprites' and so on would be an issue.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Started Game Of Thrones last night, if you've never watched the show I wouldn't recommend starting this as it begins presuming you know what is going to happen from the start. I'd recommend picking it up on 360 or PS3 if its cheaper as graphically there's no major improvement on ps4. They've implemented some new button prompts and movements which is refreshing.

Playing Resi 3 on Vita at the moment too. Nemesis is still bloody terrifying when he's after you :) reminded me a bit of alien isolation in a way.
SnakeyDavid

Post by SnakeyDavid »

This war of mine atm. Atmospheric, well-meaning, but not exactly engaging me that much.

And Spelunky. Daily challenge is just part of my life now.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

So I've been trying to play KOTOR on steam since I wanted those good nostalgia feels and the new Star wars teaser got me in full SW mode and well...dont buy KOTOR on steam,it´'s pain in the ass to get it running and even when you do the game randomly malfunctions and crashes...also I forgot how much Taris sucked.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Ha ha I bought KOTOR on the iPad and I've only played it on holiday and I'm on the final boss on Taris.

Its good on iPad I have to say once you get used to it.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I haven't had any problems with it at all on Steam so it may depend upon your set-up.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Really enjoyed the first episode of Game Of Thrones. Telltale at their best, yet again.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

GTA V online.

Hearing a German 12 year old shout "fuck you domsbeard" will live long in the memory after I beat him on a bike on the last corner :)

Superb fun
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Managed to get in a couple of hours of Steamworld: Dig this week during a rare bit of downtime.

I had got it for free as part of a Humble Bundle and didn't pay it much mind, but when I finally booted it up I was hooked. What a great game! I'm such a sucker for exploration/Metroidvania type games, and this one has a neat twist with digging and mining. What helps to make it interesting is that the player character is relatively weak, so avoiding enemies by digging around them, or thinking up clever ways to eliminate them is the order of the day. You're also punished quite severely for dying, and checkpoints are few and far between, leading a a slightly panic-inducing sense of being lost in deep, deep tunnels as you scramble around looking for an exit.

It feels like it's going to be quite short, but that's fine with me! Definitely worthy of discussion on a C&R I think.
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Playing the story mode on Injustice with it being this month's ps+ freebie. Love it. Great story, great way of introducing all the characters and their fighting styles. Upto chapter 6/7 not sure how long it is. Haven't touched online as I am shocking at fighting games. But I am enjoying kicking the arse of good and evil DC characters while a great story plays out in front of me.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

ratsoalbion wrote:I haven't had any problems with it at all on Steam so it may depend upon your set-up.
It seems I draw the short straw I guess because the amount of issues Im having just keep pilling up,on the brightside load times are inexistent
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Can you mute voice chat on GTA v online?
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Completed the first Episode of Tales From The Borderlands. Action packed, and very funny in places. And you don't need to be a Borderlands expert to enjoy it, I've only finished Borderlands 1.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Appears I've now played 57 hours worth of Destiny. I've heard complaints about lack of content, but I'm still finding loads to keep me occupied. Really enjoying the multiplayer Control matches. I even hit the top of the leaderboard now and again! This week's DLC interests me, but until they open up the higher level raids to non-friend fireteams, I don't really feel I'll have had full value from the original content, or will get full value from the somewhat pricey new content. Sadly my available time to play in one sitting and my limited PSN friends list combine to exclude me from that part of the game until something changes with matchmaking.
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Just finished ep1 of Game of thrones. Brilliant!!

Fantastic story and great characters. Just wow, after a an iffy Walking Dead S2 and wolf among us not blowing me away this is a massive return and raise from what they have done before.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

stvnorman wrote:Appears I've now played 57 hours worth of Destiny. This week's DLC interests me, but until they open up the higher level raids to non-friend fireteams, I don't really feel I'll have had full value from the original content, or will get full value from the somewhat pricey new content.
Honestly, I can't see this ever happening, at least in terms of it being able to matchmake. The raid is different from the rest of the game in that it pretty much requires everyone to be on comms and able to communicate with one another, otherwise it usually ends in repeated defeat.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

The last three nights I've been returning to 'XCOM: Enemy Within'.