Borderlands & Borderlands 2

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
countstex

Re: Borderlands & Borderlands 2

Post by countstex »

Finally got our second copy of Borderlands 2 so we'll be hitting it harder now :D
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Sly Reflex wrote:Another tip. Have a Tediore weapon using ammo you don't really need to worry about. If you get downed, fire 1 bullet from it and then lob it at the closest enemy. Instant kill most of the time. It also deals with brutes, badasses and those swines that hide behind shields. The best weapons in the game easily, there's nothing they cannot adapt to.
Just got my first one of these, it really is a thing of beauty. Got me out of Last Stand mode several times already.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Finally got a copy from Lovefilm. Great opening credits.
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

Yeah, Tediore are the kings of the weapons in this game. Nothing more satisfying than shooting an enemy down, noticing a bigger threat and lobbing the gun all the way across the area so he gets a face full of explosion. There's actually an orange Tediore pistol and it is the business. If you have not found it yet you have missed out. Spoiler give some indication where it is.
Spoiler: show
If you want to get hold of it you need to get it from "Rakkman". You might need to kill him a few times but it's definitely worth it, just for the novelty value of the gun.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Buckled Kipper wrote:Finally got a copy from Lovefilm. Great opening credits.
I liked the callback to the opening from 1, where the Skagg gets hit by the bus. :)
Sean

Post by Sean »

Has anyone played the mission you get from Face McShooty, yet?

Hardest I've laughed at a game, all year long.
James

Post by James »

AndyKurosaki wrote:
Sly Reflex wrote:Another tip. Have a Tediore weapon using ammo you don't really need to worry about. If you get downed, fire 1 bullet from it and then lob it at the closest enemy. Instant kill most of the time. It also deals with brutes, badasses and those swines that hide behind shields. The best weapons in the game easily, there's nothing they cannot adapt to.
Just got my first one of these, it really is a thing of beauty. Got me out of Last Stand mode several times already.
Elemental damage works the same way for me. I've taken to spreading corrosive/fire damage across as many enemies as I can before picking them off. If I go into Last Stand there's a good chance one of the enemies will fall from the elemental damage despite being out of range/sight.
Sean wrote:Has anyone played the mission you get from Face McShooty, yet?

Hardest I've laughed at a game, all year long.
Yeah, the side quests are the funniest part of the game. 'Too Close For Missiles', given by Loggins in The Dust, and 'Splinter Group', given by [redacted] in Sanctuary were two other highlights, alongside Face McShooty. Oh, and 'Do No Harm' (also in Sanctuary) had me laughing my head off.

I'm getting towards the end now (Level 29) and I've been doing all side quests so far, but there are still a lot to do (including Terramorphus and two five-round Circle Of Slaughters). I can't see myself clearing them all. A couple of the trophies/achievements rely on rare creature spawns and levelling Salvador to 20+ and Zer0 to 31, so the 50+ hours I've played already would be dwarfed by anyone wanting the Platinum/1000G. Good luck to anyone attempting that. :mrgreen:
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

I'm playing offline right now...(only working on broadband dongle-magig at the mo). I haz a gunzerker, and I destroyz everything. Enjoying what I've seen so far, but there's not a great deal to differentiate it from 1 at the moment. But we shall see
James

Post by James »

I finished Borderlands 2 yesterday. Be prepared for a substantial game, folks. The in-game clock was at 64hrs by the end, though it's probably nearer 50hrs in reality. I did most side quests and a bit of grinding for loot, but it's sizeable nonetheless.

Overall, I thought it was great; it surpasses the first in pretty much every way. The humour in some of the side quests, in particular, was excellently done. I didn't even know about the hidden area in Caustic Caverns until I saw mention in the credits.
There's an area towards the back of the Caustic Caverns that is filled with blocks and Creepers from Minecraft. Please don't watch the video until you can get the Safe And Sound side quest from Marcus (A video of the hidden area is here).
:o
Sean

Post by Sean »

Finished it last night, myself.

Had an absolute blast with it, from start to finish. One of the funniest games I've played, to boot.

Jumping right back in tonight with a different class. Went commando first time, thinking of assassin, this time.
James

Post by James »

Sean wrote:Finished it last night, myself.
How did you find the difficulty. I breezed through most of it, but came unstuck on a couple of areas that were clearly designed for co-op. I'll list them in a spoiler box to keep them just for us! ;)
The Statuesque side quest in Opportunity, the Demon Hunter side quest in Lynchwood and the Saturn and Warrior boss fights in the main game. None of them were too tough, just that I had to resort to cheap 'peek and shoot' tactics from an unbreachable location, or (in the case of Statuesque) use an exploit that made it all too easy.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Put a bit more time into this, and I'm loving every minute. Glad I went Gunzerker as I'm solo-ing this all the way. Currently I'm devestating enemies with a Shotgun and scope. It uses 3 shells at once, but with the damage it causes that's a small price to pay.
Sean

Post by Sean »

iwatttfodiwwfa wrote:
Sean wrote:Finished it last night, myself.
How did you find the difficulty. I breezed through most of it, but came unstuck on a couple of areas that were clearly designed for co-op. I'll list them in a spoiler box to keep them just for us! ;)
The difficulty was OK, for me. Some points were a bit hard, but, there weren't any quests where I died multiple times.

I never found that area you referred to either. If I had one negative thing to say about B2, is that, just like in B1, the waypoint system is still a struggle. There are spots in each location that are blurred out on my map, but, I have no idea how to actually get to them.
James

Post by James »

I have only one area right in the middle of Eridium Blight that I can't get into. For the most part I found exploring the surroundings was enough to find a route in. I'm still amazed that there were so many areas with no quest (side or main) associated with them.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Linda and I finished our first play through the story last night. Far better than the original, in that it actually had one ;) Still have a handful of side missions to complete, mainly the timed ones which all seem crazy short on time?? Hit a couple of bugs with bosses getting caught on graphics and then not being able to die as they have a scripted death sequence and need to get to a specific place to die, but other than that pretty solid.
Sean

Post by Sean »

countstex wrote:Linda and I finished our first play through the story last night. Far better than the original, in that it actually had one ;) Still have a handful of side missions to complete, mainly the timed ones which all seem crazy short on time?? Hit a couple of bugs with bosses getting caught on graphics and then not being able to die as they have a scripted death sequence and need to get to a specific place to die, but other than that pretty solid.
Yeah, I only completed two of those timed missions, and, both them I finished at the very last second.

I only had a bug on one boss, but, it was the same situation you had. Towards the end of the game when you fight that huge ship with the turrets on it. It was caught in some geometry and I brought it's health entirely to zero and it still wouldn't die. Had to warp to another area, then, trudge all the way back to the boss. It was pretty annoying, but, only happened to me once.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Sean wrote:
countstex wrote:Linda and I finished our first play through the story last night. Far better than the original, in that it actually had one ;) Still have a handful of side missions to complete, mainly the timed ones which all seem crazy short on time?? Hit a couple of bugs with bosses getting caught on graphics and then not being able to die as they have a scripted death sequence and need to get to a specific place to die, but other than that pretty solid.
Yeah, I only completed two of those timed missions, and, both them I finished at the very last second.

I only had a bug on one boss, but, it was the same situation you had. Towards the end of the game when you fight that huge ship with the turrets on it. It was caught in some geometry and I brought it's health entirely to zero and it still wouldn't die. Had to warp to another area, then, trudge all the way back to the boss. It was pretty annoying, but, only happened to me once.
Exact same boss for us. Thankfully the fight went much quicker the second time :)
James

Post by James »

That boss did the same for me too. Fortunately it was on the umpteenth time of beating it (it's a great farming spot), and a simple quit/reload sorted it out. Reload is always the best option for any glitches as you'll be at the entrance to whatever area you are in and quest progress will generally be saved.
For me, the final boss (once dead) landed on top of the switch to finish the game and I had to reload. I came back at the entrance and the boss was still dead. Problem solved!
countstex

Post by countstex »

I've noticed a new bug since completing the game, half the times when I load now some of my ammo maxes are back to un-upgraded. After moving a few zones it will reset but it is most annoying, especially as I'm trying to go for the rocket launcher splash damage challenge and that's gone right down to 12 rockets from the upgraded 27 :/
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

New class Mechromancer skilltrees revealed.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltre ... ancer.html