Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
magicjoef

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by magicjoef »

I've posted some of these before, but maybe some people got a gaming PC over Christmas and didn't get that EA Humble Bundle last year :D

PM me if you'd like an Origin key for...

Dead Space
Dead Space 3
Burnout Paradise
Medal of Honor (might have been redeemed, but I don't think so!)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Tleprie wrote:The PSP Grand Theft Auto games are on sale on psn, and I was thinking of getting one on vita, any suggestions?
I only played it on the DS but Chinatown Wars was brilliant. It's a return to roots with some nice new twists and if you ever liked the top down games that'd be my choice. If it has to be a PSP original it's almost a dead heat, I liked revisiting Vice City but couldn't get past the awkward introduction and general lack of polish on the whole. Revisiting liberty city could be a good choice, I played this so long after 3 that it felt new once again but it's no major upgrade like gay tony was to 4.

Looking at the prices I'd probably say vice city stories offers the best value at $2.49 and without the UMD whirring away in the background you're almost guaranteed to enjoy it more than I did :)
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

I ended up getting Vice City, and it is decent fun. The on ground combat isn't very good, but driving works well enough. The best part, as with most other GTAs, is the radio stations. I've mostly just drove around listening to the talk radio.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Apparently the place I ordered from via rakuten has already shipped my copy of the order 1886 :D love if it came early.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I missed it the last time (roughly a few weeks back) but Shin Megami Tensei IV is back on sale in the 3ds european eshop for £11.69.
spasticmonkey2

Post by spasticmonkey2 »

Theres currently a pretty good selection of deals on the playstation store as part of the Vita's 3rd anniversary, lots of big titles in there, including both Danganronpa games, Disgaea 4, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden and Tearaway.
The full list can be found here http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/02/ ... discounts/
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

if only the memory cards went on sale :(
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Totally agree, lack of memory space def stops me from buying vita games
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

spasticmonkey2 wrote:Theres currently a pretty good selection of deals on the playstation store as part of the Vita's 3rd anniversary, lots of big titles in there, including both Danganronpa games, Disgaea 4, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden and Tearaway.
The full list can be found here http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/02/ ... discounts/
Thanks for the heads up on the Vita sale. I do fancy picking up a fighting game for it. Any opinions on SF X Tekken or Mortal Kombat?
Beck

Post by Beck »

I enjoyed street fighter x tekken but it's not as good as the console version. Online it seemed to be incredibly laggy regardless of my connection strength. I've not played mortal kombat though. Both were available on plus at one stage
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Just managed to get farcry 4 for £1.34. Down to £32.99 in game has a £20 voucher and £11.64 on my reward card. Gonna enjoy roaming around in Kurat.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

magicjoef wrote:
spasticmonkey2 wrote:Theres currently a pretty good selection of deals on the playstation store as part of the Vita's 3rd anniversary, lots of big titles in there, including both Danganronpa games, Disgaea 4, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden and Tearaway.
Thanks for the heads up on the Vita sale. I do fancy picking up a fighting game for it. Any opinions on SF X Tekken or Mortal Kombat?
Mortal Kombat is worth picking up if you liked Injustice or if you were a fan of the originals. It has a great story mode but the final boss is cheap as chips, took me about 50 attempts to take him down.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Cool, yeah I really liked Injustice (particularly the story mode) so it sounds like a good option, thanks.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Rayman Legends on Xbox One is currently FREE to Xbox Live Gold subscribers. Which is very nice.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Theatrhym is down to £12 on amazon, thats a ridiculously good price.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Limited edition (i.e. comes in a swanky box WITH the season pass) is the deal of the date at GAME today £28
http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/dotd/dotd/
considering the season pass was selling at £20 on it's own, then this is a bit of a steal if you're still interested in picking it up, you could probably get yourself levelled up ready in time for the new DLC!
(you could possibly even trade in your existing disc copy of destiny to snag the DLC for cheaper)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Syndicate - the 20 year old Bullfrog original - is the latest free 'On The House' game for PC on Origin.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

My copy arrived today just a few pennies over £17 but now at £14.86 I'm not sure you can go wrong with soon to come podcast game Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition on PS4:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sleeping-Dogs-D ... eogames_35

Limited edition with basic but relatively snazzy art book turned game case. Having had a short session with it, it's a nice version if not a huge upgrade though the dlc is all new to me. I'll put my head on the line and recommend the game especially to those that missed it the first time around.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Nice little deal of Pokemon Y on 3DS for £18.70 right now:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B7JT5H2

Little protip. I listen to this song while browsing the net and it makes deals come by easier:

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Not sure about its bargain-hunting powers :) but nevertheless a cracking track from a terrific début album, says I.