Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sorry for the predictable response but all of those, bar League of Legends, are already on our list.

Nobody on the team is a LOL player so rather than do that entire scene a massive disservice, we'll leave well alone!
:)
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

how about the Xbox cell shaded shooter XIII. I really liked that games style and had some realy clever gamplay features
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

This was on the list aaages ago, then got removed. Will re-add it.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah I loved that game, I tried it again a couple of years ago on PC. The gameplay was never its strongest point, but hot damn it still looks beautiful. Loved the whole comic book aesthetic.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I feel it's a game that would actually benefit from a downloadable remaster with more polished gameplay and high resolution graphics.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Martian Gothic Unification,I just found out this game existed today it's a classic survival game from 2000 made by Take-two and Im pretty sure Dead Space ripped this game off because let's just say the premise is pretty similar, the game has a zapping system where you switch betewen 3 characters that can never meet the game also oddly has a bunch of voice acting I mean Metal Gear Solid amount of dialogue,this game is kinda fascinating it's probably worth look at.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Never heard of it!
Added it to the list!
brutaldeluxe09

Post by brutaldeluxe09 »

how would people feel about This War of Mine? it may not be something everybody has played but I think it can definatly be considered worthy of consideration.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Bubble Bobble...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The entire Bubble Bobble saga is of course on the list.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

I'll keep banging this drum till you cover it... :D

Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I would love to hear a podcast or two covering Simogo's releases (Kosmo Spin, Bumpy Road, Beat Sneak Bandit, Year Walk, Device 6, The Sailor's Dream, SPL-T) and I would also love to be on such a podcast. Hell, I'd be happy to host it myself.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I think of those only Year Walk and Sailor's Dream are on the list as it stands so I'll have to add the rest and see how much enthusiasm/uptake there is.
Bloody Initiate

Post by Bloody Initiate »

Phantom Dust
Deathrow

Both original Xbox games, both extremely good games with unique gameplay.

Phantom Dust received a lot more press since its release and lately with the attempts at a reboot.
Deathrow I'm afraid is a much lesser known game, but with a fantastic attitude and sense of humor. Also very well coded at the time, which will be less apparent now.

Both occupy a similar space to something like Binary Domain where the game was perfectly good, but the exposure wasn't there and as a result you won't have much chance at experiencing the multiplayer.

Older games like these tend to feel a bit smaller in scale, especially if you don't get into multiplayer, so I'm not sure they merit full podcasts. They definitely merit play though, and I mention them to everyone I talk to about good games.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I will definitely add these to the big list because they're definitely not on it.

Do either of them play on 360 via backwards compatibility though? I'm not sure how many of the team still have access to an original Xbox...
Bloody Initiate

Post by Bloody Initiate »

They both play on the 360 thankfully. I played both for years after getting a 360, simply because no game offered the experiences those games did.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Unfortunately Phantom Dust was never released in the EU, so that adds an extra barrier where that one is concerned.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

ratsoalbion wrote:I think of those only Year Walk and Sailor's Dream are on the list as it stands so I'll have to add the rest and see how much enthusiasm/uptake there is.
The thing to keep in mind is that their titles are thematic trilogies; you could cover pretty much all of their offerings in two shows, one for Kosmo Spin/Bumpy Road/Beat Sneak Bandit, one for Year Walk/Device 6/Sailor's Dream. Especially in the case of the latter three, if you already have Year Walk and Sailor's Dream on there, there would be almost no reason not to include D6, especially considering it's the best game they've put out.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

brutaldeluxe09 wrote:how would people feel about This War of Mine? it may not be something everybody has played but I think it can definatly be considered worthy of consideration.
I was going to nominate that, fantastic game. Wish they'd port it to Vita.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

I would like to suggest the Gradius series. It is to 2D side scrolling shoot 'em ups what the Super Mario Bros. games are to 2D platformers (although it might be more accurate to state that adding R-Type completes that picture) I'll play along, from the first game to Gradius V and Gradius Rebirth and will at least - finally - get that 1CC on the first game. I'm THIS close.