The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Lego Solo

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by Lego Solo »

Finally got myself a PS4 (traded my WiiU for it, it just never got played even though I thought it was a good machine) one problem though, I literally have no friends on it! So if anyone wants to add me so I'm not such a billy no mates my tag is Bartlettrules.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I have a feeling I might cave this weekend and get one. There's a bundle being done in game where you get the new assassins creed, and the uncharted collection and drive club for 300. Might pop to Woking though and see what toys r us are doing first...

(This may have something to do with the fact that I bought Dragon Quest Heroes cause I expect it to be hard to find by the point in time I was intending to get a ps4... And now I want to play it, heh)
MagicianArcana

Post by MagicianArcana »

Flabyo wrote:(This may have something to do with the fact that I bought Dragon Quest Heroes cause I expect it to be hard to find by the point in time I was intending to get a ps4... And now I want to play it, heh)
I was considering getting Dragon Quest Heroes and Disgaea 5 for the same reason. But I don't feel like paying full retail for them right now. It's a bit more than I'm willing to spend on those games. How quickly do you think they'll become hard to find? I'm wondering how long I should wait.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Disgaea games seems to be hard to find after about two months in the uk. They don't ever seem to drop in price all that much.

Dragon quest heroes is a hard one to guess at, the Warriors games tend to do well here and have decent print runs, but dragon quest is a series that seems to have very short shelf life in the uk.
Alex79

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by Alex79 »

Argh more Vita problems! I know I use it a lot, but even so you'd expect it to last properly. So far I've replaced two thumb sticks and now the battery is screwed.

It's charging, but it's not holding its charge at all. I can fully charge it, play on it for half an hour in bed, then put it in to standby and it'll be totally dead by the morning. The Vita battery was pretty good before, and it's literally within like two days this has happened, but it's happened twice. Anyone had this? I've tried Googling but all I'm getting is people who's Vita's won't charge at all, which isn't the problem I'm having. If I need to replace the battery it's no biggie, I can probably take this thing apart in my sleep now but I'm worried I'll end up with a cheapo rubbish battery that doesn't have much capacity and stuff.

TL;DR? My Vita won't hold a charge for more than an hour or so - anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?

Thanks!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I know that if my vita does a lot of updates, when it's in standby, I've turned it back on and half the battery has vanished.
If you use it a lot, then batteries just kinda fade over time, especially if you make a regular habit of letting it run completely flat (something I've been a little guilty of recently)
out of interest, have you tried using a different charger?
My original charger stopped working one day, and I bought a replacement charger from "GAME", shame on me, right? well, when it was plugged in, I couldn't use the front touch screen, and the thing took ages to charge.
I ended up buying a Decent USB charger (it's a 6-port Anker charger) and I use the original cable, and I've not had any problems since...
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

I don't know if this is related, but last week Sony released firmware update 3.57 and a lot of people were saying that once they downloaded it they had trouble connecting to the online store and that the battery life was draining very quickly. Did you recently update your Vita? Because Sony just said they've resolved the issue, so maybe try updating it again and see if that helps?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Updated mine recently and it seems to remain as good as ever. Weird! I'll keep an eye on any irregularities though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Thanks guys - I actually turned it off and on again and it was fine haha >_< But not before I'd gone and ordered a new battery off Amazon. Textbook error!

If anyone fancies a laugh though, Sony wanted to charge me £125 to fit a new battery. What the actual fuck!? Mind blown haha.

I replied to their email with, "Hahahahahahahahhahahaha Hahahahahahahahhahahaha Hahahahahahahahhahahaha! Oh. You weren't joking. Wow."
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Alex79uk wrote:£125
Jesus F. Christ.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Absolutely astonishing isn't it. You can buy a refurbished one for that, with games!
dezm0nd

Re: The Sony (PS4 & Vita) news and discussion thread.

Post by dezm0nd »

I have merged the two Sony console threads to keep all Sony related discussion and news posts in one thread. I find that I might post news in the Sony PS4 thread and miss out on the Vita thread. I hope this doesn't annoy!
Alex79

Re: The Sony news and discussion thread

Post by Alex79 »

I haven't got a PS4, just a PS3 and Vita, and I've got to be honest, I can't help feeling a little disappointed by this month's PS+ offerings.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/02/ ... ak-z-more/

I know we can't have new games every month but those games are ancient! Still, I've had my money's worth several times over in the last 12 months so can't really moan too much.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Whereas I've been meaning to buy The Last Man since 2008, so I'm quite happy with that one!
:D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Galak-Z! Nice! :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Haven't heard of that one but certainly looking forward to playing Broforce at some point.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

dezm0nd wrote:Galak-Z! Nice! :D
Yeah, was also on my wishlist!
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... imensional
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Whereas I've been meaning to buy The Last Man since 2008, so I'm quite happy with that one!
It was pretty good from what I remember, a bit stiff in its retro gameplay patterns but good fun especially for the Pac Man fan in you!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The demo was one of the first things I ever downloaded on PS3 and it reminded me of a sort of post-apocalyptic Flicky!

chase210

Post by chase210 »

I am insanely hyped, frankly. Which I know is a bad thing but I can't help it. Love all 4 uncharted games, love the last of us, love naughty dog, I'm damn excited.