Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Suits

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by Suits »

Was Darren Forman the very strong accented Scottish gentleman from the earlier volumes ??
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes indeed.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Indeed he was (and probably still is). Very knowledgeable on the topic of mechanical systems and action games.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

That's right - he earned himself a place at the finals of the World Ninja Gaiden Championship back in 2004, or whenever it was.

He's a good guy and I still count him as an online pal but he didn't sufficiently commit to being part of Cane and Rinse to keep him on as part of the crew.
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion wrote:That's right - he earned himself a place at the finals of the World Ninja Gaiden Championship back in 2004, or whenever it was.
Ha, that's quite an achievement !!
Alphizzle

Post by Alphizzle »

Based on the current podcast listing, I'm not sure whether your panel would be interested in playing a Hip Hop-focused Fighting game for C&R discussion, but the following is highly praised as one of the best PS2 fighting games, period.

- Def Jam: Fight For New York (Note: This is a story continuation of 'Def Jam: Vendetta,' incase this warrants an inclusion)

Also, you all did a podcast on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series, excluding Underground 1, Underground 2 and American Wasteland (similar to how you covered some Assassin's Creed games (briefly mentioning the remainder, then revisited those that were previously briefly mentioned in an additional podcast). With this being said, I'd additionally like to suggest:

- Tony Hawk's Underground 1 & 2
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Finally, given that you've covered skating games, that are "limited" in terms of game scope, I feel that I can suggest:

- Fight Night Champion ('Champion Mode' aka story mode) - Has a well-crafted and interesting narrative that provides further purpose to gameplay etc
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Alphizzle wrote:Based on the current podcast listing, I'm not sure whether your panel would be interested in playing a Hip Hop-focused Fighting game for C&R discussion, but the following is highly praised as one of the best PS2 fighting games, period.

- Def Jam: Fight For New York (Note: This is a story continuation of 'Def Jam: Vendetta,' incase this warrants an inclusion)
I personally would be well up for that one. Put a lot of hours in the Gamecube and Xbox versions back in the days. It's like an AKI wrestler mixed with the more interesting elements (and redeeming qualities) of the unforgettable Pit-Fighter.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

I'm pretty sure Xenogears has been suggested, but has anyone suggested the Xenosaga games on PS2?

I'm just listening to the MGS 4 podcast and I'm curious as to how you'll react to Xenosaga's cutscenes, because they're also quite long.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I have added the Def Jam and Xenosaga games to the list.

Please bear in mind folks that - at 50 podcasts per year - we now have almost three decades' worth of suggestions to get through.

I'm not saying that to put you off from putting titles forward, more to remind you lovely people that it may be a very long time before any specific suggestion gets made into a podcast, if ever.
:)
Craig

Post by Craig »

Clearly the solution is to do more podcasts per year. Only 50? Slackers!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Craig wrote:Clearly the solution is to do more podcasts per year. Only 50? Slackers!
I would need to give up my job for there to be more. However if every listener chipped in 50p per show into our Patreon I could do exactly that!
;)
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

I'd like to toss Big Brain Academy for the DS onto the list, if it isn't already there. A fantastic little edutainment game that'd I love to hear analyzed some day. I know there is a Wii game as well, but I never played it and don't know how well it holds up or anything.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I did play it a bit (the DS version that is) and I've added it to the list.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Since I just played it, I would suggest Playdead's Inside. Now that is a title sure to generate a lot of discussion. Disturbing yet beautiful in its bleakness, fascinating little game.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It has been on the list since it was released.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

It was doubtful that I was going to be the only one to have suggested that particular title :)

Eagerly looking forward to Volume 6 by the way, no matter what titles you have got planned for it. Will try and play along if time and money permits!
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Not a request, but just wondering when you will announce the list of games for next year.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Later this month.
Zomoniac

Post by Zomoniac »

Is Toonstruck on the list? The pinnacle of 90s point and click adventure games. Just the slight downside of only 3 people having played it.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I loved that game - played a lot of it again recently on my phone using ScummVM. An actually funny game - which is a rare thing! LucasArts never really even managed to pull that one off.