Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by ratsoalbion »

Alex79uk wrote:I loved that game - played a lot of it again recently on my phone using ScummVM. An actually funny game - which is a rare thing! LucasArts never really even managed to pull that one off.
I find most of the Lucas games highly chuckleworthy. Humour is a subjective thing of course.
:)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Well there was that one bit in Dark Forces, I suppose :lol:
NeoGazza

Post by NeoGazza »

Don't know if it has been covered previously..but Ninja Gaiden Black. Tremendous game! Sigma was a bit easier if memory serves.
Good luck with that one :twisted:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

All of the many Ninja Gaiden games are on the list.
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion wrote:Please bear in mind folks that - at 50 podcasts per year - we now have almost three decades' worth of suggestions to get through.
:lol: :lol:
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I recommend making C&R a rolling news type thing. 24/7 podcasts. It's the only way to really make progress now.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hotel Dusk, Pac-Land and Rolling Thunder are already on the long-list.
I will happily add Gomola Speed, Ore No Ryouri and Spelunker.
Thank you.
:)
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

JAPJAC wrote:Rolling Thunder - Arcade.
I love Rolling Thunder. Such a standout arcade game in its time. I got the Namco Museum 50th Anniversary compilation disc, just so that I would own a legit version of the game (without having to spend a bunch of money on the actual PCB).
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

I think I may have first played Rolling Thunder on my cousins C64, cassette of course... and maybe once or twice at an arcade. I was terrible at the game in both instances, but I loved the lithe characters and their animations.

And yeah, those PCB prices are going into Cave shooter territory, and if I was ever crazy enough to spend that kind of money, let alone every have that kind of money, I'd be leaning towards the shmup side.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It's already on the list, but we won't even think about touching it for a year or two.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

If the phenomenon of early access games like Street Fighter V and No Man's Sky being released at full price becomes more prevalent, I can only see time before Cane and Rinse coverage increasing. :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Gone Home next series. I can't wait for that game to be dissected by the C&R crew.
GoodShrewsbury

Post by GoodShrewsbury »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think a volume that has a series of sequel podcasts would be cool considering some of the games you guys have already discussed. Some examples of sequels I'd like to see explored would be MGSV, Dead Space 2/3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, and Batman: Arkham Knight. I know some of these are fairly new, and surely already on the list, but having already covered their predecessors I would be curious to here the crew's take on these few.
Alphizzle

Post by Alphizzle »

GoodShrewsbury wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I think a volume that has a series of sequel podcasts would be cool considering some of the games you guys have already discussed. Some examples of sequels I'd like to see explored would be MGSV, Dead Space 2/3, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, and Batman: Arkham Knight. I know some of these are fairly new, and surely already on the list, but having already covered their predecessors I would be curious to here the crew's take on these few.
I love the sound of that! That's what I was hoping they'd do with the Tony Hawk series. I'm patiently waiting for an Underground 1, 2 and American Wasteland dedicated podcast to accompany their Pro Skater series podcast.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Space Giraffe!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Space Giraffe is on the list but only Sean and I are interested in talking about it I'm afraid.

The next 50 shows have already been decided by the way... information will be forthcoming in the not-too-distant future.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

JAPJAC wrote:'Game suggestions for the podcast':

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - DS (Not really a 'game' TBF).
Curious why you would say this.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I've had a search but can't seem to see anything on the Donkey Kong platform series of games, have they been covered at all ?

I'm currently playing through Donkey Kong Country on my Super Famicom and enjoying the ride.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

They're all on the list to be covered some day.

There's no need to search or ask for what we've covered before - the full list is always right here: http://caneandrinse.com/full-podcast-listing/
;)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Very handy, that, ta!