302: Bleed and Bleed 2

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

302: Bleed and Bleed 2

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can leave your thoughts regarding Bleed for possible inclusion in the podcast when it's recorded.
Simonsloth

Re: 302: Bleed

Post by Simonsloth »

What a great start to the year.

Prior to the cane and rinse playlist announcement I hadn’t heard of this game and ordinarily wouldn’t be a genre I would entertain but I thought I would give it a try.

I am quite rubbish when it comes to bullet hell/twitch shoot em ups so I was delighted to find an easy mode and played it through to the end. I honestly found it incredibly refreshing to be able to actually enjoy and finish a game of this type. Often the learning curve is so steep that beyond the first level I would give up but it was pitched perfectly so I could get through the game with some challenge involved (like I said I’m rubbish at these types of games).

Each level added new twists to the mechanics and in particular the penultimate level was excellent with the falling apple at the beginning and the rotating screen.

I genuinely was disappointed to see the end and felt like I had only just scratched the surface. Unlike most games which outstay their welcome this “understayed” (for the record I don’t believe that is a word but you get my point.

I would have loved to have access to this on my vita as this is perfect for that console. I doubt I will play this again which is a shame but my television time is quite precious and replaying anything is almost impossible.

Thank you cane and rinse for starting my 2018 with a bang.

3 word review: bleed-ing good shooter
Marco

Re: 302: Bleed and Bleed 2

Post by Marco »

The inclusion on a Cane and Rinse list will usually make me check out a game I might have previously overlooked. The post above however, convinced me to buy it and move it to the top of my Steam list.

After a few hours and multiple deaths, I've seen the ending on Normal. Much of what Simonsloth says above rings true for me too. In that brief time, I felt my skills improve after what I initially felt were fiddly controls, particularly the analogue trigger as the jump and I enjoyed playing each level, refusing to stop until it was done.

Looking forward to hearing from people who are actually good at the game. I would love to know if it continues to be as rewarding as my short blast was.