Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Post by ratsoalbion »

I was 'on' but I was actually at the footy (had left my PS3 on to update)!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

ratsoalbion wrote:I was 'on' but I was actually at the footy (had left my PS3 on to update)!
You should give it a shot, Jay is spot-on with his write up on how good the new maps are. It's fresh once again and despite the lobbys brimming with level 100's it didn't feel like a vast difference in skill between my rank and theirs.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Gonna be hitting these new maps once again tonight if any of you are interested, mostly Conquest but will need to play some Scavenger in order to get the Xbow unlocked. I'll be around after 9pm if anyone is keen.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Knowing me, i'l probably be on it anyway.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

On my way, is everyone playing late?
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

JaySevenZero wrote:
mikeleddy83 wrote:However, the official surround sound headphones have had solid reviews and circumvent the issue of TV volume as everything is self contained (quite fancy a pair of these myself).

Any idea if it's worth the extra cost going for the 2012 version (pulse I think). I'm looking at £65 for the 2011 model and £85 for the 2012 model (image below).

Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

No idea. But at least with either you can let us know where the bad guys are.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

From what I can gather it seems the Pulse are just 7.1 surround headphones and don't appear (based on the tech spec on ShopTo) to have a built-in mic for voice communication.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

JaySevenZero wrote:From what I can gather it seems the Pulse are just 7.1 surround headphones and don't appear (based on the tech spec on ShopTo) to have a built-in mic for voice communication.
They have a mic, it's just built into the earphone. I've been through a good 3 reviews on youtube now and there's not too much to gripe about, one claimed the recording from mic to PC wasn't up to scratch and another said passively using them with iphones was too quiet until you actively use the in-built battery.

(The longer review for those interested in picking them up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZx0I47Ja6g)

I've always loved the idea of a good sound system and the £15 sennheisers (HD201 I think) I bought a year ago have been my best audio experience yet. I can't wait to try the next step so these couldn't come sooner (well they could have but I only put them on standard delivery :lol:). £81 in the end so only roughly a tenner more.

Found a pic of the mic and despite being on the outside it's supposedly similar in quality to the other model.

Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Your not allowed into the squad unless you spout profanities on a regular basis. I assume you know this from listening to us.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Indiana747 wrote:Your not allowed into the squad unless you spout profanities on a regular basis. I assume you know this from listening to us.
It's usually passive stuff and it usually doesn't flow until I've been familiar with others for about 6 hours but it will happen and no noise cancelling will help it :)
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I tweeted this last night but i'm just so bloody chuffed with it that i have to post it on the C&R Battlefield thread. After a few games with Jay last night i hit my all time high skill level of 803. It definitely wont stay like that for long so this is proof, lol. I am officially in the top 1% of best BF3 players on PS3. With this game being as brutal on players as i know it can, i can say this is my highest gaming achievement ever. And for those who think i just sit in a tank and shoot dudes(MBlockhead), i will draw your attention to the fact that out of 27,485 kills, roughly only 5,000 of those were vehicle kills. :P
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/Indiana747
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Groovy, well done buddy! :D
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Congrats, my stats go through the roof when I'm in the squad. Kind of had a resurgence in time playing games on the PC lately but I'll be back in the fray soon.

Headphones have been dropped off at a collection depot so I'm not far off being useful to some capacity soon.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Those stats were from a few days ago(hence, it has changed as i play each game)and as i suspected it has dropped dramatically since. But atthat time it was at its highest, one i probably wont reach again.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Finally got the headphones today and managed to get a quick play about with them before losing them to a christmas present switch around, looks like 7 more days until they come out in full force.

First impressions are highly promising! The crysis 2 intro music sounds more atmospherically daunting, the bass impact on red dead when firing shotguns around the canyons felt pretty cool and a bit of passive music while charging felt leagues ahead of the £15 passive set I already had. The big question is the mic and true to the ads it actually sounded crystal clear on the accessory settings menus.

Enough about that shit, what's happening on the squad front? Any big days this week where we'll have a long session (think I'm free for a long stretch on Friday eve)?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Friday sounds good to me - will be shouting expletives and delivering virtual hot leaden death from 9pm :D
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I have the house to myself tonight(26th Dec). Gonna be hittin BF3 for a late one from 10 or half 10 onwards into the wee hours of the morning. If any of you guys are about it would be great to squad up to shoot some dudes online. So if your interested you know were i'l be, gettin me some tags. :lol:
Toffer

Post by Toffer »

That's a pretty impressive score dude. Mine has sat solid for about a month or two at 605. No idea if it will rise anymore at all.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Are ya on about the score per minute Toffer?