E3 2018 - Conference times and general chat

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
arry_g

Re: E3 2018 - Conference times and general chat

Post by arry_g »

Plural!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I know that list is very likely a fake, but I'll blow a gasket if the RE2make does end up being a VR-based FPS. Some lines shouldn't be crossed. Ever.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

arry_g wrote: June 6th, 2018, 9:00 am I agree that fake is likely but I can't see the mistake in the title and now it's actually bothering me...
The title is Ghost of Tsushima (singular).

Not that such a mistake couldn't happen on a real doc, but it raises suspicions.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

ratsoalbion wrote: June 6th, 2018, 9:14 am
arry_g wrote: June 6th, 2018, 9:00 am I agree that fake is likely but I can't see the mistake in the title and now it's actually bothering me...
The title is Ghost of Tsushima (singular).

Not that such a mistake couldn't happen on a real doc, but it raises suspicions.
Yep it finally clicked. Of course mistakes happen, I've been to a wedding where the name of the groom was spelt wrong on the order of service but yeah, it does lower the liklihood of this being real. It also seems too balanced; here are the known's, the fan desires, a couple of "mehs" and a rage inducer or two.

A new Devil May Cry would be nice though and REMake 2 as first person game with VR support would certainly prompt conservation.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

This is what I love about e3 and the reason it still works for me as a gaming enthusiast. It's a couple of weeks of speculation, highs and lows and is very indictive of what it is like to follow this industry as a whole and it always prompts discussion and debate.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Anyway, my wishlist:
  • I'd like to see something solid on Death Stranding. Ideally gameplay and not another impeccably directed trailer that only generates pointless hype. I don't want a repeat of MGSV.
  • I want to see more of Metroid Prime 4 and Fire Emblem Switch. I appreciate Nintendo's habit of playing their cards pretty close to the chest until release, but we've seen virtually nothing about either. Even some simple screenshots would go a long way. I want the Queen to come back in full force and I want a proper oldschool console FE again.
  • While we're at it, I'd love to see a confirmation that the "Echoes" subtitle was indeed hinting at an upcoming series of classic FE remakes. FE4 remake on Switch? Yeees, please! Oh, and a Radiant duology would create a ton of goodwill.
  • A new proper F-Zero might be a long shot with some enormous shoes to fill... So I'll gladly take a quality remaster of GX instead. More people need to play this masterpiece.
  • RE2make. Don't fuck it up. Pre-rendered backgrounds. Tank controls. Music. It's not that hard. Use the first REmake as template. Just do it already. It's been three years since the announcement. REmake was developed in half that time. Plenty of first person peekaboos out there. Only one RE2. Short sentences betray high-level anxiety.
  • Anything Platinum, obviously. Bring it on.
  • I'm not that big on the series myself, but I'm definitely curious about DMC5.
  • DOOM (2016) sequel? DOOM (2016) sequel.
  • Criterion has obviously moved on, but I wonder if another developer could do the Burnout series justice? Please follow the Takedown/Revenge template and we're in business.
  • Retro Studios's secret project? Show us.
  • What's Shadows Die Twice? Tenchu reboot? I wanna know!
  • CAVE collection for modern hardware. I'll probably never 1CC any of these, but I would like to have them, you know?
  • It'd sure be nice if Assassin's Creed Odyssey turned out to be a quality open world like RDR instead of the obfuscating collectathons with trash combat and overloaded UIs of past entries. If they go back to the drawing board and discard all the garbage that tends to plague the series, I could see myself falling in love with AC all over again. If there's ever been a premise with a lot of potential, it's this one.
  • I think I said the exact same thing last year, but what's Shinji Mikami working on these days? I'd love to get another pet project like Vanquish instead of seeing him waste his time on another TEW. I hope he can get out of his current creative impasse and do something that he genuinely wants to do instead.
  • Itagaki and Team Ninja burying the hatchet in order to bring us Ninja Gaiden 4, the sequel to 2 we never got. No poor attempt at telling a political story, substantial mechanics, aggressive enemies, less passive spectacle and more (re)active challenge, 60fps. Ninja Gaiden, basically. If the DMC fans are getting what they want, then so should I! That way, everybody's happy.
  • Something new. Not a sequel or remake. Just a fresh and exciting project that new developers are putting their heart and soul into. Something that is fueled by genuine creativity instead of just following various trends.

Bonus Wishes: HD Golden Sun? Z.O.E.3? Yeah, right! :lol:
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

We're only a few days away from EA's conference which is usually a heap of guff but i'll still be there, watching from the laptop.

I do think the release of Burnout Paradise remaster has led to the continuation of the series. Or at least I hope.

For Microsoft I think we're in for a big one. I can't quite put my finger on it but recent years has led me to believe they've kept loads of stuff back for a massive push now that the Xbox One X has established itself.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I know it’s never going to happen but I’d love for Microsoft to announce a raft of backwards compatible games then for Sony to wave its wand and do the same.

PS Now recently got PS2 games so I’d like to think that was a teaser before they unleash the whole back catalogue. Like I said not going to happen.

N64 mini perhaps?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Apparently Crackdown 3 has been delayed (again)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... ed-to-2019
Suits

Post by Suits »

I'm going to be bang in the middle of a 'Team Building' exercise with work when the Nintendo Direct is starting :| .

My plan to experience it as I prefer, is thus;
  • Avoid all internet interaction
  • Ignore phone unless it rings
  • Leave the venue once everyone else has, or when is appropriate too (about 8PM ish)
  • Make the journey home in good time (hour and half maybe)
  • Instruct wife to get YouTube up on the TV
  • Blindly guide her to a re-run of the Direct, so that I don't see any inevitable spoiler thumbnails
  • Start it, then pause it.
  • Watch, enjoy
  • Then hit up the internet to see what's going down

If it was any other presentation I'd just not bother with such nonsense but I enjoy the Live Directs that Nintendo so.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Ive given up on watching most of these live. As they will all be on twitch it’s going to be pretty easy to just watch back the archives when I’m actually awake. I’m far too old to care about staying up till nearly 4am to get Sony news hot of the presses when I can just watch it at 8am when I wake up.

With the Nintendo one being prerecorded anyway the isn’t even any benefit to watching it live other than being able to tweet along.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Flabyo wrote: June 7th, 2018, 12:46 pm With the Nintendo one being prerecorded anyway the isn’t even any benefit to watching it live other than being able to tweet along.
Speak for yourself you miserable old goat !!

I'm sure lots of people enjoy watching it live for varying reasons.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Suits wrote: June 7th, 2018, 12:43 pm I'm going to be bang in the middle of a 'Team Building' exercise with work when the Nintendo Direct is starting :| .
Yeah, nothing says "Team Spirit" like "I'd rather be home watching the pre-recorded video of a distant stranger trying to sell me various lines of code than hang out with you guys". Should be fun! :lol:
Suits

Post by Suits »

KSubzero1000 wrote: June 7th, 2018, 1:02 pm Yeah, nothing says "Team Spirit" like "I'd rather be home watching the pre-recorded video of a distant stranger trying to sell me various lines of code than hang out with you guys". Should be fun! :lol:
Unnurrgh, tell me about it.

Day starts at 11AM, finishes at 5PM, with a BBQ and beers afterwards.

I'll be expected to stay on and I'm driving anyway - but yeah, damn it, messing with my plans for corporate reasons ideals :lol: .
Craig

Post by Craig »

I feel you, Suits! The Nintendo Conference is on in the middle of the night (a school night at that) and I’m far too old to not be going to bed as soon as physically possible. I’ll be preloading YouTube, hoping my blurry morning vision obscures the thumbnails and watching with my cereal!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

At least the Nintendo one is at a socialable hour for the uk. I’ll probably stick it on the office tv actually, one of the perks of working in games is that I won’t be the only person interested in it :)
Suits

Post by Suits »

Last year I was off on Paternity leave while E3 unfolded, sat back and watched pretty much all of it with a beer and nuts.

Was Boom.

The Treehouse streams are good for extra bits too, IIRC Metroid 2 was announced on the Treehouse stream last year.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Just imagine, if they announce these as official Switch downloads at E3.

I for one would be very, very pleased.

It doesn't mention what they used to play the game though, (albeit they hint it wasn't Wii Mote) - maybe they've cracked Wii Mote to pad controls ?!?!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... i-emulator
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I’m loving all the silly speculation at the moment.

For some reason the servers for Skate 2 and Skate 3 have come back online, some two years after EA shut them off. My guess is backwards compatibility is coming for them, but people have been actually asking EA to make a new Skate game for a while now.

I’ve also just seen an image on the devolver digital twitter that could, perhaps, be a hint at a new Saints Row game. Or something else entirely, it’s super vague.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Skate 3 has been back/compat since November 2016 though.