Microsoft Xbox news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
countstex

Re: Microsoft Xbox news and discussion thread

Post by countstex »

Linda and I will be playing this at some point. Played a far bit of the original, but it always felt like a game that needed some multiplayer to brighten up the downtime. I've seen complaints that it's a bit dull and methodical, but for me that's capturing the reality of a zombie apocalypse. It's a game about surviving, not thriving.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Crackdown 3 is delayed again then.

That's a shame, I'm a big fan of the first one and the 2nd was, or felt like a cheap 1.5 of sorts to me, so I'd be pretty excited about the 3rd entry.

Not much of a surprise then as there has literally been nothing about the game since it missed the Xbox X release date.

I wonder what the issue are, technical, or just that it's not panning out as they need - gameplay wise.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Rumours are it's awaiting a beta of another Microsoft game to be ready to be a pack in.
Suits

Post by Suits »

countstex wrote: June 8th, 2018, 7:41 am Rumours are it's awaiting a beta of another Microsoft game to be ready to be a pack in.
Wow, that seems like a brave decision.

To starve a console that is in desperate need of some individuality for the sake of pack in BETA, when you could roll the BETA out digitally anyway - yeah, that's a brave, confidant move if it's true.

You get the impression that Spencer knows his onions, so if he's made that decision, then I'm sure he has a plan he's confidant in.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

You know how the Z.O.E. HD collection included a demo for Metal Gear Rising as a throwback to the MGS2 demo included in the original? What if... Crackdown 3 came with a Halo 6 beta as a similar throwback?

Microsoft have been surprisingly quiet about anything Halo-related since the release of the fifth game three years ago. If there's a game that they would feel confident enough about to bet all their chips on, Halo 6 would seem like an obvious choice.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Halo 3 was a big deal though, I don’t think enough people care that much about 6.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

True, but this might very well change with a bombastic trailer coupled with a Crackdown-Beta bundle releasing only one week later. It's obviously not the hottest new thing anymore, but let's not forget just how massive Halo can be under the right circumstances.
Suits

Post by Suits »

I was one of those people that used the original Crackdown as a way into the Halo 3 BETA, so I fully believe that that may have been a pull for people previously unfamiliar with the franchise to buy the game - as EVERYONE was waiting for Halo 3.

I don't know, with the way that current Alpha's and Beta's are rolled out this would seem like an odd decision to me. It just seems like an old way of doing things that would just unnecessarily reduce your Beta participation.

A GamePass member invitation would seem more appropriate perhaps.

I stand to be corrected I suppose.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Wonder is Fable 4 will get any attention at this E3? Still too early maybe?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The MS show is the biggest unknown quantity this E3, we know almost nothing about what might be there. Probably a new Forza title, I think it’s Horizon this time? But other than that...
Suits

Post by Suits »

I’m going for a new Forza and Gears for sure.

I’m gunna say no to a Halo thing, although secretly I’d enjoy a new entry in that universe.

Then for sure, a new Elite Controller.
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

I reckon they'll get Cyberpunk. Not an exclusive game, but they'll get the reveal.

Forza Horizon is almost a certainty. With gamesindustry.biz releasing a piece today about Playground's secret project and new studio, we will almost certainly see their project... which is probably Fable 4.

Oh, and Avatar games. I think there will be a whole bunch of Avatar titles announced in a little montage celebrating these new inclusive, reworked Avatars they've been promising. Which would be great, I hope they make a new and improved Keflings game!
countstex

Post by countstex »

Rather happy Phoenix Point is coming to XBOX, was rather worried it would be PC only and I play so little on the PX since I got my One X.

Picking up Ninja Theory is a move I'm happy to see. Mainly to see that team get the backing they deserve

I wasn't expecting a DyingLight 2, but that new direction for the franchise looks really rather exciting to me. .

Division 2 could be interesting too. My wife and I put a good few hours into the original.

And then a Gears 5, set heavily around Laura Baily's character is going to be a must have, though as I have GamePass that's a given anyway :D
kintaris

Post by kintaris »

Well I got one out of three right :lol:
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

As I'm possibly the luckiest guy in the world, I won an X in a competition.

What are some of the standout games that show off the tech in this thing? I had a quick bash on Forza 7 before work today and that blew my socks off!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Assassin’s Creed Origins, Forza Horizon 3, Gears of War 4, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Witcher 3.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Also True Achievements have a great page for tracking games that are making use of the Xs power in some way:

https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-o ... nced/games

Assuming you own a 4K TV with HDR (I don't myself yet but still have an X, because better is still better ;) )
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Modern warfare 3 is now backwards compatible! Shame cex has put the price from £1 to £8 but what you gonna do.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

countstex wrote: June 15th, 2018, 4:33 pm Also True Achievements have a great page for tracking games that are making use of the Xs power in some way:

https://www.trueachievements.com/xbox-o ... nced/games

Assuming you own a 4K TV with HDR (I don't myself yet but still have an X, because better is still better ;) )
I do indeed.

Thanks for the link, that's a great help.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Great month for Games With Gold:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... -horizon-2

Forgive me if someone's posted this somewhere already. Couldn't see it!