E3 2018 - Conference times and general chat

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Flabyo

Re: E3 2018 - Conference times and general chat

Post by Flabyo »

ratsoalbion wrote: June 11th, 2018, 2:47 pm I played a few sessions of the old RPG back in the late 80s. It was COOL.

In an 80s kinda way.
It’s one of the things I kinda like about the the whole Cyberpunk aesthetic now. When it originally appeared it was a possible future, or a version of one. But now, with the way technology has actually developed, it’s as retro a setting as the atompunk of Fallout or the Dieselpunk of something like Scythe.
countstex

Post by countstex »

I was kind of hoping Fallout 76 would be a kind of reboot of the franchise with the nuclear war coming in the 70's rather than the 50s/60s of the current setting. Thought it could have been fun to have a different aesthetic to the games. Ah well.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Absolutely, and I hope that CDPR absolutely nail that aspect and that particular atmosphere.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

This caught my interest even before I saw Platinum's name pop up. What kind of game could it be...?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Just started watching the Bethesda conference.

Hahahaaaahahahhaahaahahahahha.

It's hilarious :lol:
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Nearly time for Ubisoft. I’ll be asleep during the Sony one, I can’t do 2am till 4am on a school night.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I'll set my alarm to catch the Sony conference.

If there's a chance RE2make will be there, I'll be there. This is serious.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Ubi was mostly more details on things we’ve seen before. Some decent stuff though, and Assassin’s Creed Odyssey looks schweeeeeeeeet.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Yep odyssey looks awesome and love they are setting it during the peloponesian war because its such a cool setting its basically ancient Cold War but without the cold part, I hope they can do the setting justice. I also not gonna lie that kinda got me interested into looking into Origins and see what they did there.

Also Skull and Bones looks exactly like the pirate game I wanted Ubisoft to make since Assassins Creed 4 so thumbs up.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Trials looked good, and I especially liked the idea of letting community content creators design the game's tutorials.

Odyssey is... interesting. There were quite a few elements of the trailer that rubbed me the wrong way, but the setting and environmental design is a big plus for me. I fell off the AC bandwagon after Revelations, but this might end up being the one that wins me over. Jury's still out.

I was secretly hoping for a new Splinter Cell, though... :|
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Fuck yeah! Yakuza is coming to PC and the price is good Im finnaly gonna play this series!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

This Sony setup is really weird, if they only really have 4 games to show even if they are great this is gonna be rough...
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Ok regardless of what games they show Sony has the worst conference hands down, this is horrible what were they thinking?
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Yeah, these tech issues are embarrassing...
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Aaaargh, I can't tell if RE2 is first person or not...?!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Remake 2 appears to third person over the shoulder camera and therefore is trash, burn down Capcom. This isnt as much of a shitshow as I thought it would be. Ghost of Tsushima looks amazing though.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Todinho wrote: June 12th, 2018, 2:50 am Remake 2 appears to third person over the shoulder camera and therefore is trash, burn down Capcom.
Are you being sarcastic...? I'm scared. :(

The dimension-hopping ink stealth in DS is sooo weird.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

I want tank controls and static cameras! But they showed barely nothing so I guess I shouldnt freak out but I did like the fake out with the rat at the beginning.

The Death Stranding trailer was by far the weirder, and I had a sneaking suspicion that given the concepts that Kojima was talking about this wouldnt be a game that would show well and it didnt because it isnt flashy or anything. But now we have that female lead revealed so people can stop especulating.

I think Sony had the best looking games overall but the whole conference thing was really underwhelming I think it would've been best if they just did a direct type of thing, instead of that whole change of venue etc.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Resi 2 looks great but jesus Sony that was not worth missing sleep over.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Todinho wrote: June 12th, 2018, 3:19 am I want tank controls and static cameras!
Yeah, same here... :( I totally thought you were making fun of reactionary fans or something! :lol:

Here's the trailer again:

It looks so... rough around the edges. Weird redesigns. Why didn't they just follow REmake? Is this the best they could do after 20 years? I couldn't muster too much enthusiasm for the rest of the show, but Ghost of Tsushima looks great and Death Stranding is certainly intriguing.

Edit: Cinematic Trailer!