E3 2018 - Conference times and general chat

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Todinho

Re: E3 2018 - Conference times and general chat

Post by Todinho »

Ok this cinematic trailer is much better but I cant shake the disapointment of this being RE4 in RE2... but like I said I guess its too early to tell.

Also Kojima put up a blog post talking about Death Stranding, much of it is still him talking about human connections and stuff and talking about how much he loves the people he is working with but the part that caught my attention was him saying that Sam(the main character) is not your average protagonist he is kinda of a blue collar worker so he doesnt do anything super high octane and that they were building the game around making that interesting to play and that oddily enough has me intrigued:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06 ... m-e3-2018/
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Take it all back they have just shown a trailer of how the Sony stage was built

Bed time
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Im that tired I am thinking they have made this e3 poor on purpose so next years Play5tation (see what I did there) announcement has more hype
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Todinho wrote: June 12th, 2018, 3:41 am I guess its too early to tell.
It's not too early to tell that those are polygonal environments and that Mr.X is wearing a fucking fedora of all fucking things for some godforsaken reason.

I need to desalinate somehow. I better get off the internet for a while.

(I think it says a lot about my current mindset that I have zero interest in checking out any DS stuff for now. I have little doubt that game is gonna be great, unlike [REDACTED].)
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Ok this at least confirms that there will be limited inventory space: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/06 ... y-25-2019/

Im less concerned about redesigns and the lack of pre rendered background(though Im still pissed about that)then how the gameplay actually plays, if there is a single point in that game where you have to "shoot the glowy bit" im gonna flip out.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Well that was... interesting. The tech issues in these things do make me continue to wonder why they keep going for these spectacle live events when they would have so much more control over the message if they just pre-recorded the whole thing and streamed that. If you still want to have your schmooze with the journalists moment just have a screening party.

So, Nintendo this evening then, lots of Smash I imagine.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've watched about half the Sony conference so far. Bravo for trying something different. I just don't think it's really worked...

Last Of Us 2 looks incredible though.
Beck

Post by Beck »

Agreed Alex.

I really like The last of us but I'm not sure I want to play it again or dip back in for the sequel. Great game in every aspect but the story was so depressing and gritty that I've got no urge to experience it anymore. Is that weird?

The Last of Us reminds me of film The Road, again a great film but once was enough.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Beck wrote: June 12th, 2018, 3:59 pm Agreed Alex.

I really like The last of us but I'm not sure I want to play it again or dip back in for the sequel. Great game in every aspect but the story was so depressing and gritty that I've got no urge to experience it anymore. Is that weird?

The Last of Us reminds me of film The Road, again a great film but once was enough.
I think the premise will be a great motivator. I know what you mean about the story I still well up when I remember
Spoiler: show
Sam and Henry
ruined me that scene
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Yoooooooo FIRE EMBLEM
Looks good! Let's go, let's goooo! :P

Damn, they went all in on the Smash presentation. That's how you promote a game!

Edit: Ridley?! They actually went and did it!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

They. Put. Daisy. In. Smash.

Finally.

Ok, can we have Mona and Ashley from the Warioware games now?
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Never been into Smash. I was loving the Direct until that segment started. Ultimately, some good stuff but mostly spoiled and no surprises whatsoever besides Hollow Knight shadow drop. Bit weird, bit shit. They've tended to release various additional trailers in the hours and day following a Direct, so I'll remain hopeful for some more stuff. I'm probably kidding myself, though.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

New video of DMC5 featuring alot more gameplay, looks pretty good:

Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

It doesn't seem to have been a massive year for surprises, which seems a shame given the point at which this console generation is at. Still, even if the next year is going to bring a lot of iterative sequels they at least look to be highly accomplished ones. And if they can nail the tone of the Last of Us Part II (at the moment I still have reservations with just how violent the previews have been) then I'll be happy.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Wow, I found that Direct pretty underwhelming to be honest.

I nearly fell asleep 15 minutes into the Smash stuff.

Then it ended.

I can only hope, they have more to show in the Treehouse streams.

Not even a mention of Metroid.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Suits wrote: June 12th, 2018, 8:52 pm Not even a mention of Metroid.
That disappointed me as well, but I think their new strategy is to focus on games that are gonna come out within less than a year. The game is probably still a bit too far-off to be shown to the public just yet. But at least we know it's in development! F-Zero on the other hand...
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Loved this interview they did on the stage with Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan on Westworld and its videogame influences, really great stuff:

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I just finished the Sony conference. It was... incredibly disappointing. It's always the highlight of E3 for me, and I was just left feeling nothing. It really did not work at all, as a presentation.

And Ghost Of Tsomething looked awful to me! Certainly not a current gen title, let alone one released as we heard towards the end of the PS4 lifespan.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

They just confirmed that the RE2 Remake wont have any fixed camera angles or tank controls and that they are doing away with the zapping system. Might as well call this Resident evil 8 now I dont care.
nickturner13

Post by nickturner13 »

So just to copy paste my comment on facebook, regarding the Cyberpunk revelation that it's a 1st person game, if not an "FPS"....

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty upset with this news. I know there's a lot of kneejerk reaction to this and I hope I'm not part of the triggered outraged masses that get angry at everything... but yeah, this is not good news to me. I generally don't like 1st person games at all. Very Doom was awesome, and I did enjoy Far Cry 3.... but generally the games I love are 3rd person. I even play Skyrim/Fallout in 3rd person mode.

Not to mention the legitimate concerns I'm seeing by a lot of people on social media who get motion sickness playing 1st person games and thus can't.

Will be interesting to see if anything changes after the backlash.