Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
stvnorman

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by stvnorman »

Shadowrun Returns Deluxe free on Steam via Humble Bundle until tomorrow.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Shadow Warrior Classic Complete is currently free for PC on GOG.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

For those who have been waiting hard, Metal Gear Survive is finally half price on PSN :D

Not that it’s easy to find as Sony hid it some time ago. You need to text search for metal gear, go to the page selling SV coins for the game, and from there go to the Survive game page.

Destiny 2 and all expansions (I assume) is also on there for 25 euros, for the masochists among us.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I bought the Danganronpa bundle in the same sale because I apparently have no life.

In all seriousness, I have a craving for another high quality visual novel in the vein of Zero Escape and Ace Attorney. The art style leaves me a bit cold, but for 15€, might as well give it a shot.

I also bought Celeste, which is cute.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Does Alien: Isolation have substantial gameplay or is it all set pieces and window dressing?

7€ on PSN... Tempting.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Not certain, but I reckon you could probably listen to our podcast without the experience being ruined.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Okay, so I just listened to the summaries at the end of the podcast to avoid any story or presentation spoilers, and they hardly mentioned the gameplay at all, which sorta confirmed my suspicion! :lol:

Anyway, I bought it. I like the franchise and the price is decent enough to push me over the edge.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: July 5th, 2018, 9:19 pm Does Alien: Isolation have substantial gameplay or is it all set pieces and window dressing?

7€ on PSN... Tempting.
It's definitely worth that. If you like horror/stealth then it's really a brilliant game. Me? I had to give up. I just couldn't play it without it affecting me in a way that I didn't enjoy. Its so genuinely tense that I had to give it up.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Yes, I saw your contribution in the other thread!

The problem is that while I do like active stealth/horror games very much, I'm not too fond of passive experiences within those genres. The quickest way for me to lose interest is to feel like the game is playing itself in order to be "atmospheric".

To be continued...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah, I'd still say 7 euros is worth a pop. The other thing to consider, I suppose, is that there's a good chance it'll come up on PS+ at some point.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Onrush is free to play on PS4 this weekend, from 6-9 July. The beta left me a bit cold but I’ll give it another go. I get the feeling if this doesn’t hook people it will be dead in the water as it seems to be massively discounted everywhere already.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Curious to know if anybody else has been trying out Onrush this weekend? I'm downloading it now.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Tried the demo when it first came out and didn't really enjoy it at all. I mean it was OK, but there just didn't seem to be anything about it other than driving and ramming cars. Got bored after five minutes.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

So, with GOG's sale of the Legacy of Kain series, I was wondering if I should just start the series at Soul Reaver, or if I should grab the first Blood Omen off the Playstation Store too?
macstat

Post by macstat »

I enjoyed Blood Omen back in the day. I actually enjoyed it more than Soul Reaver games, but its very much different genre so it's very subjective.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

duskvstweak wrote: July 13th, 2018, 3:00 pm So, with GOG's sale of the Legacy of Kain series, I was wondering if I should just start the series at Soul Reaver, or if I should grab the first Blood Omen off the Playstation Store too?
It’s very very different. I played it after soul reaver and I learnt nothing playing it that I hadn’t picked up by playing soul reaver. It’s also very mediocre in my opinion.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

KSubzero1000 wrote: July 5th, 2018, 10:32 pm Yes, I saw your contribution in the other thread!

The problem is that while I do like active stealth/horror games very much, I'm not too fond of passive experiences within those genres. The quickest way for me to lose interest is to feel like the game is playing itself in order to be "atmospheric".

To be continued...
It’s fantastic. There’s a lot of gameplay in there and it’s genuinely one of the most tense and scary experience I’ve ever had. Needless to say I know more people who abandoned it than finished it.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Bought the four Legacy of Kain games of GOG for about $10. Looking forward to checking them out.
Beck

Post by Beck »

64GB SD card ideal for switch is £11.99 The moment on Prime https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JYVKNX/ ... tBbGVPHK14
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

If anyone still doesn’t have it, Resogun seems to be free in the PSN sale. I say appears to be because I do have it, but it’s not showing as purchased like everything else I have, and let me buy it again. Just seemed odd!