Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Alex79 »

ThirdMan wrote: November 24th, 2018, 8:48 am I was in Gamestop yesterday. They had an offer on used PS4 games. Buy two, get one free. I picked up three copies of Red Dead Redemption 2 for €129.98. I then walked two minutes up the street to CeX and traded the three of them in for €174. Not bad for 10 minutes work.
Haha brilliant. You should have grinded that little earner for all the copies they had!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

ThirdMan wrote: November 24th, 2018, 8:48 am I was in Gamestop yesterday. They had an offer on used PS4 games. Buy two, get one free. I picked up three copies of Red Dead Redemption 2 for €129.98. I then walked two minutes up the street to CeX and traded the three of them in for €174. Not bad for 10 minutes work.
...Easy now, Mr. Gekko. :lol:
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

This sort of thing is why my local cex has 30 copies of Spider-Man on PS4 and 30 quid each :)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Respect! Incredibly gamey business :)
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I had a very enjoyable black Friday. Got an xbox one x with 3 games for a good price, dark souls remastered on PS4 and XB1 (£10 each), wipeout collection, shadow of the colossus, resident evil 7, shadow of the tomb raider, and it was all less than £440.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

That is a result. Absolutely amazing console, as well. I had one early on, sold it because I was using the Switch predominantly and regretted it ever since. Got one recently on a very good deal and I absolutely love it. Enjoy!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I was just in B&M Bargains, and they do PS4 and XB1 games now. They had Mass Effect Andromeda and Mafia 3 for £9.99. I was tempted by Mass Effect, but really shouldn't buy games when I have so many to finish so didn't.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Mass Effect A is £6 in CEX mate.

Not that that should make you want to play it mind, there’s many better time sinks available.
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

The only thing I bought on Black Friday was a Blue Yeti Nano, and that was at full price. Not really my best bargain hunt ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

My one purchase was Spyro Reignited on Xbox One. Also no reduction, but I figured it was worth £35 for the 88% rated trilogy anyway.

Doing Xbox game sharing with Gargette so he gets to enjoy it too (and last week he got Minit and Turok).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Suits wrote: November 26th, 2018, 1:19 pm Mass Effect A is £6 in CEX mate.

Not that that should make you want to play it mind, there’s many better time sinks available.
Oh I definitely want to play it, the original trilogy are some of my favourite games ever.

Yeah I guessed it was probably cheap most places now. Mafia 3, mind you, was the deluxe edition with all the DLC.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

I didn't make any big Black Friday purchases this year, but I did get three gaming bargains - God Of War (£19.99), Detroit Become Human (£13.99), & Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection (£14.99).

Under £50 for all that ain't bad I thought!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I’ve seen Andromeda for as low as 4 quid in some of the XBO online sales (where gold members get extra discount)
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Steam Sales means I grabbed Final Fantasy XIII, Jurassic World: Evolution, Furi and Axiom Verge for cheap!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

DomsBeard wrote: November 22nd, 2018, 11:59 pm Amazon have a xbox one x with Battlefield V, Assassins Creed Odyssey and Fallout 76 for £399.99
Ended up going for it in the end as it was by far the best deal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-Special-c ... e%2Bx&th=1

I also got a months Gold and Gamepass for £1 each too

Looking forward to seeing what I have missed on Xbox in the past year or so
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: November 26th, 2018, 9:40 pm Looking forward to seeing what I have missed on Xbox in the past year or so
Sod all in my opinion.

Forza Horizon 4 was decent but I’ve never known a time to be so bland as a Microsoft console owner.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I would say that every cross-plat game I've played on the X has been comfortably better than on the Pro (because I'm stupid enough to buy stuff twice). I was playing Titanfall 2 last night and it runs like quicksilver. Absolutely glorious orgy of hot metal. Same for AC Odyssey & Origins, RDR2, Tomb Raider series, Doom, Skyrim, Witcher 3, SW BF2, Far Cry. That's the value of the X for me, in the end.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I have played Fallout 76 and Assassins Creed on the Pro so looking forward to comparing the two. I have 4k non HDR mind. I had a 360/Xbox One before so I have an extensive library to go at anyway
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

A lot of the BC stuff is also X Enhanced which is pretty bloody impressive on certain games. Mirror's Edge, Oblivion and the original RDR are ace and I've heard amazing things about Ninja Gaiden Black and Panzer Dragoon, going even further back to the OG XB.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Confirmed, in the above cited cases.