Fallout 76

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Fallout 76

Post by ratsoalbion »

That’s written by Nate Crowley, who I interviewed on the podcast a while back.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Soundtrack has just appeared on Spotify by the way. Some lovely ambient pieces from Inon Zur

Hit double figures on my second character last night and still having an amazing time. Will hopefully get together with Suits for some co-op eventually.
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: December 13th, 2018, 4:00 pm Hit double figures on my second character last night and still having an amazing time. Will hopefully get together with Suits for some co-op eventually.
Nice, you’re catching up well - it’ll be cool to team up and slay some beasties.

I’ve paused for a bit so you can get closer but also as there’s quite a few patches coming out at the moment (another today in fact) that are making performance and QoL changes to the game.

Also, my mother is down to stay until Monday, so I plan to have a poke around next week and see what’s what after all these plasters are stuck on.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Is this OK?

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-76/fal ... lunchboxes

Because offering damage buffs for money literally equals pay to win, and sounds just a little bit dogshit to me...
Suits

Post by Suits »

Huh, yeah fishy I suppose.

Let’s see what they are and how they implement them first mind.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Suits wrote: December 17th, 2018, 7:52 pm Huh, yeah fishy I suppose.

Let’s see what they are and how they implement them first mind.
Yep. They also do not mention that you accrue atoms in the game anyway so you do not need to spend real life money to get the lunchboxes (depending on the cost of such of course).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I suppose its no different to perhaps buying extra body armour or a better gun, is it.
macstat

Post by macstat »

F76 is more of a meme at this point :P

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-asks-s ... ng-is-bad/
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article ... r-roadmaps

Some interesting updates coming. Been looking for an excuse to dip my toes back in and here it is
Suits

Post by Suits »

Man, I can’t wait for my actual ‘canvas’ bag to arrive !! Can’t be long now !!

🙃
Suits

Post by Suits »

Yo, my limited edition bag is in the post i it.

This better be worth the murders everyone that didn’t care or was entitled too made.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Suits wrote: June 14th, 2019, 11:48 pm Yo, my limited edition bag is in the post i it.

This better be worth the murders everyone that didn’t care or was entitled too made.
Was thinking of you yesterday when I read this news. I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)
macstat

Post by macstat »

I actually bought the game a while back. Call it morbid curiosity. It was very cheap, like 10-12$ (it went from 250 to below 76 in my local currency :D missed opportunity)

There are some good things in it. Map is done very well, its big and varied. Music is great (but as usual in Fallout games it could use more tracks :D ). It can also surprise visually, the first time i encountered rad-storm i was both amazed and terrified.

That said after couple of hours of wandering around i couldnt shake that feeling of lack of purpose. Exploration was hindered by me knowing that i can only find ruins and hostiles. No interesting characters, no cool interactions. Scavenging part was also annoying cause i didnt really knew what im supposed to do with all the stuff that i find, and "running" around overburdened is not fun. Im not really a contruction guy, so im not playing around with bases. Pvp doesnt interest me as well. My only hope is their recent (from June) announcement that they will add NPCs, Im curious how that will turn out.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

So how do you get quests if there are no NPCs? Is there a story to speak of? Like is it worth playing as a solo player?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Alex79uk wrote: September 1st, 2019, 2:12 pm So how do you get quests if there are no NPCs? Is there a story to speak of? Like is it worth playing as a solo player?
You start off with a quest and it goes from there. There are plenty of droids around to give out quests.

I put about 20 or 30 hours in and played solo for 90% of it and enjoyed it. Not been back for months though
macstat

Post by macstat »

Well there is a "story" but its not a progressing developing story but rather discovering clues of things that already happened. You get some guidance where to find another computer or audio log.
\I talked with a bunch of people that enjoyed this environmental way of telling the story but i personally miss how interacting with other characters can make story my own.