The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Simonsloth

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by Simonsloth »

Hello Aleksi! Thank you for an entertaining and intelligent post:)

I have a 6 month old and am finding I get more game time than ever bizarrely. My wife needs more sleep than me to function so usually goes to bed early leaving me with free reign of the television. I have to deal with some sleep deprivation sure but it’s pretty good times for dealing with the backlog!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Gents, without giving it a big dramatic flounce, just to say I'm taking a bit of a break from the Internet for a while. It's very certainly not you, it's me. I'm not depressed or attention seeking, just recognised I've been neglecting stuff due to time spent online. Classic new year's resolution stuff but I have spent a hell of a lot of 2018 staring at screens and shutting things out. I wish you all the very best for 2019 and can't wait for that C&R list :D
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Stanshall wrote: December 29th, 2018, 1:55 pm Gents, without giving it a big dramatic flounce, just to say I'm taking a bit of a break from the Internet for a while.
All right mate, please take care of yourself! Looking forward to a rejuvenated 2019!Stanshall with a fresh sparkle in his eyes and some nice fishing stories later down the line. :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

All the best Stanshall, we’ll be here if/when you need us!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Stanshall wrote: December 29th, 2018, 1:55 pm Gents, without giving it a big dramatic flounce, just to say I'm taking a bit of a break from the Internet for a while. It's very certainly not you, it's me. I'm not depressed or attention seeking, just recognised I've been neglecting stuff due to time spent online. Classic new year's resolution stuff but I have spent a hell of a lot of 2018 staring at screens and shutting things out. I wish you all the very best for 2019 and can't wait for that C&R list :D
Nice mate, very nice. Power to you.

I did something similar a few years ago now and found it wonderfully liberating. Found myself slipping back in of late mind.

Good stuff man, take it easy.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Thanks, fellas. I'm going to make the effort to contribute more to the podcast discussions but trying (and somewhat succeeding) in swerving forums and social media for the most part. Anyway, all the best to everyone in the brilliant community here and I'll defo see you around and about. X
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Stanshall wrote: January 5th, 2019, 1:47 pm Thanks, fellas. I'm going to make the effort to contribute more to the podcast discussions but trying (and somewhat succeeding) in swerving forums and social media for the most part. Anyway, all the best to everyone in the brilliant community here and I'll defo see you around and about. X
Great post on Nex Machina. Insightful as always and able to justify your own opinions (even if I don’t agree with them at least I understand the points you make). I look forward to the other episodes you chime in on.
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

Hi everyone. I joined up a few months ago but have only done a couple posts until this weekend.

I hadn't seen this thread until now so thought I might as well just come in and say hello.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Hello back! :)
FemalePheromones

One thing I'll say is so far this forum seems a lot friendlier than some others I've been on in the past. I'm happy to be a part of it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Hello!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

FemalePheromones wrote: January 13th, 2019, 4:17 pm One thing I'll say is so far this forum seems a lot friendlier than some others I've been on in the past. I'm happy to be a part of it.
Hi!

Yep!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

FemalePheromones wrote: January 13th, 2019, 4:17 pm One thing I'll say is so far this forum seems a lot friendlier than some others I've been on in the past. I'm happy to be a part of it.
Aside from the odd post on other forums when I need to ask a very specific or niche question, this is the only forum I've posted on in the last 6 or so years, for that very reason. It makes a nice change to be able to have a conversation without having to filter through a barrage of insults in every thread.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I could have sworn you’ve been contributing to old podcasts and 3 word reviews in the past few years!

Anyway welcome (back?).
FemalePheromones

Simonsloth wrote: January 13th, 2019, 7:51 pm
I could have sworn you’ve been contributing to old podcasts and 3 word reviews in the past few years!

Anyway welcome (back?).
It sounds like someone's been using my name!

I only discovered Cane and Rinse early last summer when a mate linked me to the RE Remake podcast knowing I'm a big RE fan. I then listened through all of the other and created an account to contribute to the RE4 issue but didn't get there in time. I definitely did contribute to RE5 but then completely forgot for 6 and 7 until it was too late.

I probably have done some 3 word reviews from Twitter though.
Alex79uk wrote: January 13th, 2019, 7:15 pm
Aside from the odd post on other forums when I need to ask a very specific or niche question, this is the only forum I've posted on in the last 6 or so years, for that very reason. It makes a nice change to be able to have a conversation without having to filter through a barrage of insults in every thread.
It definitely is noticable. I use Twitter a lot which is just full of some of the worst people.

This is a nice change of pace.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Without wanting to sound a little stupid I’m trying to work out how to upload a photo onto the forum from my iphone.

It’s presently proving less than straightforward. Any bright ideas?
I rarely access the forum from anything other than my phone.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Simonsloth wrote: January 16th, 2019, 9:17 pm Without wanting to sound a little stupid I’m trying to work out how to upload a photo onto the forum from my iphone.

It’s presently proving less than straightforward. Any bright ideas?
I rarely access the forum from anything other than my phone.
Yeah man, it can be a pain.

I currently upload images to my imgur account via my phone app, then resize them on the desktop version to meet the forum standard (1000x1000 max) then copy the link, then paste the code.

So yeah, if anyone knows a less convoluted way then please share 🤪.
Harley Piper

Post by Harley Piper »

Hi everyone!

I've been listening to Cane and Rinse (CAR) for just over a year now and thought I would have a go at joining in on the forum. I haven't much forum experience so bear with me while I find my feet!

I'm from New Zealand and gaming has been a big part of most of my 30-odd years. My first introduction to gaming dates back to when I was around 7 when my mum won an Amiga 500 and then progressed onto the Sega Master System and Mega Drive and a number of consoles since then.

These days I guess I could be called a bit of a 'closet gamer' as there is a view amongst my social circle that gaming is for kids. This stigma is another reason why I thought I would join the forum, to have conversations with likeminded people!

Being a dad to a 5 year old means that I do have to pick and choose the games I play very carefully, so I find listening to CAR is a great way to get a run down on those games that don't make my 'must-play' list.

Well, that's it for now, I look forward to making some new friends in the CAR community :)

@ the CAR team - you guys do a fantastic job!!!

Cheers,
Harley
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Harley Piper wrote: January 23rd, 2019, 7:17 am These days I guess I could be called a bit of a 'closet gamer' as there is a view amongst my social circle that gaming is for kids. This stigma is another reason why I thought I would join the forum, to have conversations with likeminded people!
Is this stigma still a thing? Wow.

Welcome to the forum, Harley! :P
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Hey Harley!

Amiga 500? You’ll fit right in. Those were the days.