Your dream licensed videogame?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Suits

Re: Your dream licensed videogame?

Post by Suits »

Dog The Bounty Hunter.

Ace Attorney come runner chase sequence (think Nabbit).
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Generally speaking, I don't have the highest opinion of crossovers between video games and other forms of media. Converting traditional stories and intellectual properties into video games more often than not leads to gameplay being treated as an afterthought, and video game-based novelizations and Hollywood movies have a pretty abysmal track record as well. The vast majority of what I would consider all-time great games and franchises have been conceptualized as video games from the ground up. With a few notable exceptions, of course (The Witcher, Batman: Arkham Asylum, various visual novels).

With that said, I think that the 1911 novel The Quest for Fire, which is about early humans' struggle for survival during prehistorical times, would potentially lend itself very well to a spin-off gaming franchise with a talented and passionate developer attached to it. Especially considering the current popularity of survival open world games.

And on a purely mechanical note, I always thought that the fully 3D space flight engine of Dead Space 2 & 3 could have been a great foundation for an Iron Man game.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I'd love a VR Being John Malkovich
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

dezm0nd wrote: February 12th, 2019, 6:30 am I'd love a VR Being John Malkovich
Haha I don't think anyone's going to beat that answer!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I was going to make a similar thread, about dream games you've always wanted but don't exist. It's not licensed, but I've just always wanted a Rockstar game based on pirates. I know there's Black Flag, but I just want that massive open world, full of islands, mainland, missions, strangers, basically RDR2 with pirates. Nobody has ever made a really good pirate game since Tai Pan on the Amstrad. Proper big open world, trading, smuggling, everything. It would be so good.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I’d love to see some modern Obsidian style takes on a few novel series I like. ‘The Vagrant’ books have a really interesting post apocalypse fantasy setting going on (imagine Warhammer fantasy after chaos won and everyone just kind of... carries on with those guys in charge now), and I think you could do some interesting stuff with The ‘Imperial Radch’ sci-fi novels cause there’s so much great detail in the setting.

But licensing books to make games from that haven’t been made into movies yet isn’t a risk most western publishers will take. Despite how well the Witcher games did.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

A squad based action X-Men game that leans on tactical team work.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Telltale Eastenders (no really)

Anything with Saga (comic books not the holidays)

Elder Scrolls VI Middle Earth

Rocksteady's The Punisher

Rocksteady Robocop

The Running Man VR
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

I have said this before but rockstar doing a sequel to bully set in an 80’s comp basicly Grange Hill the game!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Would like them to do a uk based game yeah but it would seem America is just too ripe for the picking
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

After watching Alita: Battle Angel, I would mind a really good game based on it. Especially the motorball moments.
cake_bakery

Post by cake_bakery »

duskvstweak wrote: February 16th, 2019, 4:06 pm After watching Alita: Battle Angel, I would mind a really good game based on it. Especially the motorball moments.
And I'd like to play a game dedicated to Alita's flashbacks as they were too ununderstandable in the movie.
macstat

Post by macstat »

My childhood licensed game dream already exists. It's Witcher ;)
Sean

Post by Sean »

macstat wrote: February 19th, 2019, 1:06 pm My childhood licensed game dream already exists. It's Witcher ;)
Same, but, it's Ghostbusters (360/PS3), and, it was...fine?
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

ThirdMan wrote: February 18th, 2019, 11:59 pm Some pretty cool suggestions in there. My pick of the bunch has to be 'Rocksteady's The Punisher', although a tactical X-Men game raises a lot of interesting possibilities as well.
X-Men: Legends I & II WERE my dream games when I was a teen. I'd sit in school, writing down ideas for an X-Men rpg akin to Final Fantasy, with some ideas to use their powers out of battle, like ice slides and flying. I still remember reading the preview in EGM and feeling both joy and jealousy that someone else was doing the thing I was never going to actually do...
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Oh oh, I just thought of another one.

The Call of the Wild

Okami x RDR2. Think of the possibilities!
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

I always thought due to its story, setting and especially, visual style that a Samurai Jack game could be phenomenal if done right. I know there was a Gamecube/PS2 game but that had pretty mixed critical reception and while it looked alright back in the day, I think with modern graphical capabilities and the right developer (someone like Platinum who know how to make fun combat systems) you could have something truly special on your hands.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Jobobonobo wrote: March 1st, 2019, 6:16 pm I always thought due to its story, setting and especially, visual style that a Samurai Jack game could be phenomenal if done right. I know there was a Gamecube/PS2 game but that had pretty mixed critical reception and while it looked alright back in the day, I think with modern graphical capabilities and the right developer (someone like Platinum who know how to make fun combat systems) you could have something truly special on your hands.
Now that is an idea I could be on board with
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

I would like a full on proper Doctor Who game.

That or an Obsidian style Star Trek RPG.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

ThirdDrawing wrote: March 7th, 2019, 3:46 pm I would like a full on proper Doctor Who game.

That or an Obsidian style Star Trek RPG.
I always thought a Dr Who point click adventure would be a good fit for the licence. Bonus points if the story spans the different eras of the show.