One Credit Classics Season 6 Trailer - 23rd Jan

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
OneCreditBen

One Credit Classics Season 6 Trailer - 23rd Jan

Post by OneCreditBen »

Season 6 starts very soon my friends.

This season I've managed to get my hands (FINALLY) on some reliable, and recordable emulators for PS1/GB/GBA/Neo Geo Pocket and ZX Spectrum!

Videos start on Wednesday 23rd January and Patreon videos start on Saturday 26th January.
Patreon videos are still primarily going to be arcade games.

I'm not far away from that Ninja Gaiden clear and I'm making very good steps with Thunderforce IV, so I'm going to try and keep progress running those throughout the season. We shall see.

I've also got what might be the final Ghouls N Ghosts clear I'll do lined up as well as a whole host of other stuff.

You good people have been super supportive of the whole project so I thought I'd post this trailer I made on here for your delectation, if you haven't seen it yet.
Michiel K

Re: One Credit Classics Season 6 Trailer - 23rd Jan

Post by Michiel K »

Love that trailer!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Those games in the trailer.... You're not really going to do a no death FFVII run are you!?
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

:lol: He usually does a multi-episode longplay with each season. FFVII is a big undertaking though.

I like One Credit Classics but I'm terrible at watching any long videos on Youtube. I'm not sure why. I watched a few of the older videos and all of season 3 but I've been keeping up with Season 6 when they come out. A weekly structure rather than staring at an archive seems to be helping.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Have you checked out Retry from RKG? They're playing Dark Souls 2 at the moment and it's brilliant. I was a big fan of Prepare To Try, and it's the same IGN guys, now left IGN doing their own thing.
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

Michiel K wrote: February 21st, 2019, 11:01 am Love that trailer!
Took a while, but I'm still really pleased with it.
Probably my favourite trailer to date.
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

Alex79uk wrote: February 21st, 2019, 1:17 pm Those games in the trailer.... You're not really going to do a no death FFVII run are you!?
Probably not but it just seemed to fit perfectly with the video.
I'd love to do an FF game. My Shining Force Longplay is some of my favourite stuff.
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

ColinAlonso wrote: February 21st, 2019, 10:00 pm :lol: He usually does a multi-episode longplay with each season. FFVII is a big undertaking though.

I like One Credit Classics but I'm terrible at watching any long videos on Youtube. I'm not sure why. I watched a few of the older videos and all of season 3 but I've been keeping up with Season 6 when they come out. A weekly structure rather than staring at an archive seems to be helping.
The great thing with doing the channel, is that you can pick them up in any order. It doesn't have to make sense, apart from longplays obviously which are much more regimented. There's some gems in the earlier episodes as well. I'm a big fan of the Sega Master System so it's awesome to do a load of games on that.
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

Alex79uk wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 8:44 am Have you checked out Retry from RKG? They're playing Dark Souls 2 at the moment and it's brilliant. I was a big fan of Prepare To Try, and it's the same IGN guys, now left IGN doing their own thing.
I haven't but I will do now.
Sounds a lot of fun!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I would recommend starting with the very first season of Prepare To Try, where they did Dark Souls 1. The premise was someone who'd never played it before, and two guides. It was very good. The guy playing is actually good at the games now, so you lose that aspect of the show, but it's still the best long play series I've ever seen.