Your dream licensed videogame?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Your dream licensed videogame?

Post by Alex79 »

At this point I think my dream licensed video game would be a resurrection of the EA Fight Night series. Gutted they never made any more after Champion. Such a brilliant series, I'm genuinely quite bitter they knocked it on the head for the MMA games.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

I've always wanted a game licensed by like Cabela's or Bass Pro that really captures the majesty of the great outdoors. These are hunting and fishing stores, respectively, but they have diversified to be these outdoor megastores.

But hunting and fishing have been done. What I'd love is like... A 1:1 recreation of a few acres of Canadian wilderness. You have to use your gear properly to eke out a living. But have like a supernatural bent to it, like in Valley - your chances of survival are directly tied to the health of the forest. You shoot a wolf instead of running from it, your risk of death increases. You hunt excessively or forage too much food, your risk of death increases.

So not terribly different from contemporary survival games, but more about being one with nature than being its master, or than tending to arbitrary meters. You could add more elements to it, too - maybe your character is a fugitive fleeing capture. Maybe the cities have been fucked by war. Really capture the ease and difficulty of "roughing it", but without simply being a boring simulator.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Bakers_12 wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:54 pm
I always thought a Dr Who point click adventure would be a good fit for the licence. Bonus points if the story spans the different eras of the show.
I like this idea a lot.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm sure there have been Doctor Who adventures over the years?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

There is a surprisingly small number of largely underwhelming DW games:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... Doctor_Who
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

I know very little about Doctor Who - but I have an idea for a game.

Dalek dating Sim. You meet a number of cute girls, get to know them, then decide whether to exterminate or exterminate.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Somehow, I could see a Dalek dating sim on Steam or Itchio one day...

It's taken me a while to think up a dream licensed videogame, but after learning about the existence of the 2018 "movie" The Trump Prophesy, that would be my pick.

No one said it had to be a good dream: nightmares technically count as dreams.
Yacobg42

Post by Yacobg42 »

Jobobonobo wrote: March 1st, 2019, 6:16 pm I always thought due to its story, setting and especially, visual style that a Samurai Jack game could be phenomenal if done right.
Have you played Furi (upcoming in this volume of C&R)? It's obviously not a 1:1, but the art and animation has always reminded me of Samurai Jack. Lots of skipped frames to highlight impact, etc.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Yacobg42 wrote: March 20th, 2019, 1:38 pm
Jobobonobo wrote: March 1st, 2019, 6:16 pm I always thought due to its story, setting and especially, visual style that a Samurai Jack game could be phenomenal if done right.
Have you played Furi (upcoming in this volume of C&R)? It's obviously not a 1:1, but the art and animation has always reminded me of Samurai Jack. Lots of skipped frames to highlight impact, etc.
Mark of the Ninja comes to mind as well.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Yacobg42 wrote: March 20th, 2019, 1:38 pm Have you played Furi (upcoming in this volume of C&R)? It's obviously not a 1:1, but the art and animation has always reminded me of Samurai Jack. Lots of skipped frames to highlight impact, etc.
No, this is my first time hearing about this but definitely looks intriguing. Will plan to give it a shot before the C&R episode on it so I can properly play along with the crew. Thanks for the recommendation!
fieldy

Post by fieldy »

I'd love for Nintendo to another proper 2D Warioland for the switch or even a remaster of Warioland 4. I loved everything about WL4, it just felt so 'chunky',satisfying and colourful with a really bizarre soundtrack. its up there with some Nintendo's best platformer's for me -long overdue for another instalment