Shmups

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Shmups

Post by Alex79 »

Thank you! I've been scouring my download list for ages and couldn't find what it was at all!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: April 29th, 2019, 7:48 pm Anyway, hoping to get a Switch for my birthday at the weekend so should be able to get some of the more interesting ones. Fairly limited on Vita, but I've got Soldner, Skyforce and Sine Mora for now.
I’ve really bonded with Sky Force Reloaded on the Switch , it plays great in your hands as well as on the big TV.

Would be cool to start comparing my scores against someone :lol: .
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

clippa wrote: April 29th, 2019, 3:55 pm Ah, you must have read the other bit what I wrote before I binned it.
Mocking toxic masculinity didn't really feel all that valiant considering how grubby the other side of that particular coin was.
I tried using finer brush strokes but I felt like I was getting a bit tangled so I just effed it off and ate some biscuits instead.

Did you see the bit about your avatar? It was something like "What's with the proud lone wolf? That's not you. Haven't you got a picture of a lost womble, all sunburnt with a bollock hanging out of his shorts?"
Proper zinger, put you right in your place. I was happy with that.
I think it was a fair post but I understand why it was deleted, it's a tricky area. It's weird how and why Cave were at DOJ and Ketsui and ended up at SaiDaiOuJou. I guess Espgaluda and Mushihimesama were kind of stepping stones for some of that and I suspect their successes led them to go all in on that stuff. Anyway, the same discussion keeps coming up. I'll look up sales figures some day and figure out that it's all very straightforward and economically driven. Also feeling a bit knackered for shmups at the mo, but I did just get Anger Force Reloaded which may or may not be shite.

And yeah, I did see your sick burn about my avatar but the sunburned bollock photo has long been destroyed so everyone best come to terms with this weeb jive.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

That sounded cool but I just checked and its Sky Force Anniversary I have, which I think is a different game?

EDIT: @ Suits
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: April 29th, 2019, 10:05 pm That sounded cool but I just checked and its Sky Force Anniversary I have, which I think is a different game?

EDIT: @ Suits
Yeah, I think that is man.

Bet you’re looking forward to getting your Switch 😛 !!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Impressive work, Clippa.

This thread is like one of those cartoon fight clouds that is gradually sucking in the entire forum.

I wishlisted Black Bird last week so it would be rude not to buy it now.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Who else plays shmups on Switch? Be good to get more friend codes exchanged actually, I do enjoy seeing what people are playing and it often inspires purchases. There is leaderboard battle potential too... :D
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

clippa wrote: April 30th, 2019, 2:17 pm Thanks for the add on steam, chopper, that was a nice surprise!
Yeah, sorry about the abruptness - I thought Steam would let me add a message saying who I was etc but off it went. I don't think we have much crossover of interests but you never know.

How have you spent 1000 hours in Spelunky and only have 16/20 Achievements? :lol:
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

hazeredmist wrote: April 30th, 2019, 2:40 pm Who else plays shmups on Switch? Be good to get more friend codes exchanged actually, I do enjoy seeing what people are playing and it often inspires purchases. There is leaderboard battle potential too... :D
Here's the ID/gamertag/friend code thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53&start=120

Mine is SW-6521-8732-5710
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Re: Psyvariar Delta.

Plenty of people have contacted Dispatch Games who were taking preorder cash a year ago, and they've gone completely cold. I hope that's not the case for anyone here.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

...Is nothing sacred anymore?

After you got me all excited for it, too! :(
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

While Dispatch Games are not without fault, it's only fair for me to acknowledge that I am 99% responsible for all this.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I bet you're secretly the Dispatch Games CEO and straight up bought a bunch of fishing rods with all that stolen pre-order cash.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

PSN sales again, this time with Astebreed for 3€. Not a bad investment if you're curious about the genre.

This one also caught my eye. ...PvP shmup? Has anybody played it?

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

KSubzero1000 wrote: May 1st, 2019, 12:39 pm PSN sales again, this time with Astebreed for 3€. Not a bad investment if you're curious about the genre.
Yay! My mate literally recommended this to me the other day. I was considering it at full price, £2.49 from £11.59 in the UK. Sweet. I have a reason to turn my PS4 on again!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Watched a video of that Astebreed, and it looked great. I am, however, being irrationally put off by the fact you control a mech type thing rather than a ship. Doesn't the size of it make the game incredibly difficult, or does it have a tiny hit box? (fnar, etc.)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

It's a great little game, again quite an unusual one but aside from the complex controls (somewhat like playing an accordion and a mouth organ) it's very accessible (and quite easy, to be honest). It's more about playing for score and annihilating shitloads of enemies with multiple simultaneous attacks and dashing around twatting everything on screen.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Well, just bought it so I'll give it a try! I sat there wondering whether to or not, then remembered I'd spent more than that today on a sandwich.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Alex79uk wrote: May 1st, 2019, 9:11 pm Well, just bought it so I'll give it a try! I sat there wondering whether to or not, then remembered I'd spent more than that today on a sandwich.
If only the global currency was sandwiches. I would definitely pay a sandwich or two for Yoshis Crafted world but a bite of a BLT is all I would sacrifice for Dangerous Driving.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

It would probably be a part with a lot of lettuce (apologies to lettuce lovers but I come to a BLT for the bacon).