The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
NokkonWud

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by NokkonWud »

strickenmcq wrote:Have been a big fan of the podcast since your first mention by a reader feature topic on GameCentral. Have been gaming since the ZX 48k days and enjoy hearing/chatting about games other than COD and FIFA that my XBL friends play!
Happy to have you aboard and I'm glad you're a fan of our waffling on the podcast. Get settled in and start posting!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Hello everyone. I've already made a few posts because I didn't feel like lurking around, but I thought I might as well post here for what it's worth.

I'm Scrustle (pronounced skrussell) and I've been a fan of the podcast for several months now. I first got in to it after hearing about it from the Gonzo Planet podcasts about the Avatar series, which I in turn heard about from the Extra Credits forums. I'm in to a relatively wide range of games, but my favourite kind of stuff are racing games, RPGs, and action adventure in the vein of Zelda.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Scrustle wrote:Hello everyone. I've already made a few posts because I didn't feel like lurking around, but I thought I might as well post here for what it's worth.

I'm Scrustle (pronounced skrussell) and I've been a fan of the podcast for several months now. I first got in to it after hearing about it from the Gonzo Planet podcasts about the Avatar series, which I in turn heard about from the Extra Credits forums. I'm in to a relatively wide range of games, but my favourite kind of stuff are racing games, RPGs, and action adventure in the vein of Zelda.
Welcome, hope to hear more from you soon. Glad there's another RPG fan here!
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Hello mate, I'm the resident racing game fan in the team. Glad you're a fan of the show and have joined up on the forum!

Feel free to jump into any conversations or discussions.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

Scrustle wrote:Hello everyone. I've already made a few posts because I didn't feel like lurking around, but I thought I might as well post here for what it's worth.

Hello! I'm also a big RPG, Zelda and racing game. :)
richie_in_japan

Post by richie_in_japan »

Been lurking for a while, and more prone to spamming the C&R crew on Twitter than sitting down and writing forum posts, but thought it rude not to at least say hello. Besides, I'm stuck in a hotel on a business trip waiting for my Vita to charge back up so what else is there to do? Will try to contribute something vaguely useful from time to time but work and kid take up most of my time these days. Tony, you've been warned...

Been gaming on and off since I was young, but never enough pocket money to match most people here! My CV reads: BBC Micro -> SNES -> PC -> PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3 -> PS Vita. But I'm not a Sony fanboy, honest. Oh, and the hardest game I have ever played was Castle of Riddles on the BBC. Try doing a C&R on that!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi Richie, nice to see you here.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Welcome!
[CQC]Don

Post by [CQC]Don »

Greetings from Chicago! Names Don. Been a fan of the podcast for about 6 months now, just recently started here on the forums. Not big into sports games, but I'll play just about anything else. I'm found most often playing battlefield 3 (ps3) if you enjoy a good team up get at me (Havoc978)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Welcome Don, always happy to see another Battlefielder amidst our ranks! :D I'll be sending a FR over promptly.
Indiana747

Re: The

Post by Indiana747 »

[CQC]Don wrote:Greetings from Chicago! Names Don. Been a fan of the podcast for about 6 months now, just recently started here on the forums. Not big into sports games, but I'll play just about anything else. I'm found most often playing battlefield 3 (ps3) if you enjoy a good team up get at me (Havoc978)

Sent you a Friend request on PSN yesterday after reading your post mate. Welcome to the C&R community.
Btw, whats your Battlog handle?(providing your on there that is).
[CQC]Don

Post by [CQC]Don »

Havoc978 I believe
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Welcomes all new folks to the forums. Enjoy your stay :D :D
Imo

Post by Imo »

Hello to everyone, pleasure to meet you all. I've been listening to the podcast for a while now and certainly appreciate the angle and ambiance of the community, Generally I've found forums to be a little too 'passionate' shall we say.When it comes to gaming i can be summed up as easy to satisfy, hard to please but I enjoy everything from rpgs both eastern and western to shooters, fighters and sports games.

As a short aside 'Imo' is short for Inamoto and not the commonly accepted acronym 'in my opinion' as naming myself that would be a tad arrogant and also make any kind of introduction difficult. When all my mates were pretending to be Zidane or Raul, I was Junichi Inamoto. I do though have a lot of opinions on games and plenty more so I look forward to discussing everything with you all. Apologies for rambling.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi Imo - I liked Junichi Inamoto as a player very much. I hope you find us passionate about gaming but in a good, non-flame-trollish way.
Imo

Post by Imo »

passion to the point just before Asura's black form is about right I think.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Welcome Imo, hope you find this place engaging. :D
Imo

Post by Imo »

Cheers for the welcome fellas
UglyGeezer

Post by UglyGeezer »

Hello guys!

I haven't done one of these in what seems like a lifetime....

A good few of you may know me*, I kind of do most of the Frugal Gaming community side of things (games nights/deal hunting/forums/film club).

I should have joined here ages ago, but you all scare me... Plus your terms and condition on joining You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated
That's going to totally silence me, wtf will I have to say if I'm not insulting someone or being a perve :mrgreen:

I'm kind of here for the Anarchy Reigns game night, as our crew wouldn't get on board with it..... But it's good to touch-base.. I will lurk and steal your better forum post ideas :idea:
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Well that'll make this my last post now I've read them too :D

Welcome, enjoy Anarchy Reigns (wish I'd bought a copy by now)!