Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ReprobateGamer

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Post by ReprobateGamer »

I was able to attend Ubisoft UK's launch party for this last night, held at a new videogame/esports bar in Shoreditch (Platform, www.platformexperience.com)

What we saw looks very interesting. It's a continuation of the story from Wildlands, though it's a new adventure for returning player character Nomad (who seems to have hit the steroids since the previous game). Cole D Walker, introduced to Wildlands recently (and played by actor Jon Bernthal) also returns.
It takes place in a new area in the Pacific which allows them to custom the landscape a little more than Bolivia allowed, including a volcano! Players will now take persistent damage which you need to craft items to heal; you are able to carry team mates (and dead bodies); you now pick a class (of which four available at launch) and have a bivouac option to change classes whilst out of combat and you can apply camo to hide (think Arnie in the Predator ...)

And other game influences are clear to see - there is definite strands of Snake Eater with regards stealth, camo and CQC takedowns; Rainbow 6 Siege things like leaning and the future tech has elements from MGS4, Crysis and just a hint of Xcom 2. And at least one raid is confirmed.

On the whole, it looks very good. The livestream for us was disappointingly choppy - someone mentioned it was coming for Ubisoft Paris - and the State of The Game talk afterwards was barely audible but they had a recorded version that played again afterwards with no issues.

I'm a little worried that the survival elements are going to detract from the core gameplay of a ghost recon game but overall I'm looking forward to this game
Suits

Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Post by Suits »

Ha, cool, I had no idea about this game.

Thanks for sharing.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

No problems.

Link to the announce trailer for anyone else who may have missed it
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Ghost Recon Point Break

You're welcome.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Magical_Isopod wrote: May 10th, 2019, 12:03 pm Ghost Recon Point Break

You're welcome.
There is a mission in Wildlands that actually does riff off one of the skydiving scenes from Point Break ...