February 2019

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: February 2019

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks for the feedback folks.

As regards to “woke”, I was definitely using metaphorical air quotes even before Jay picked me up on it.
😆
Nupraptor

Post by Nupraptor »

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place, but I just wanted to say thanks to you for the amazing Breath of the Wild Pod. As you'll have gathered, it's a game that is really special to me and I think you definitely did it justice with your discussion.
It was great to hear everyone's experiences and particularly those of Mikhil (sorry if I've spelled it wrong) whose experiences of bonding with his kids over the game, very closely mirror my own. There was other discussion and correspondence from people who had similar bonding experiences with friends and loved ones over the game. I'm sure those stories of bonding have been echoed for many people across the games-playing world.
One thing I like to think of are the discussions from kids today about the game in ten or twenty years time and their reminiscences about it on the....immersive holographic internet of the future...or whatever they have then. "Do you remember when BotW came out?" "Yeah, I played it with my Dad. Best game ever!"
It was good to hear the criticisms of the game as well, some of which I can understand and others which, like Leon, I find utterly baffling.
Studio Ghibli was mentioned a couple of times. The movie it makes me most think of is "Laputa: Castle in the Sky", the first Ghibli movie I saw and which features similarly ancient stone-based technology reactivating.

Well done to you all and thanks once again.

P.s. "Ya basic....swordplay." Lol!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thank you Nuptaptor - glad you enjoyed it.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Nupraptor wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 8:05 pm Mikhil (sorry if I've spelled it wrong)
You're forgiven. <3 And thanks for the kind words. :P