Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Bullus

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by Bullus »

It would be interesting if there were to be such an episode if each member of the panel used their country as their starting position. Some are much harder to play than others.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Suits wrote: April 16th, 2019, 2:59 pm
Alex79uk wrote: April 16th, 2019, 8:35 am Sim City on the SNES. Probably still the best version of that game, it's just so good.
This.

I love that game, the music, the seasonal graphics the massive grant cheat, Bowser abs the scenarios.

Very fond memories.

Awful to go back to.
Do you think? I played it for a few hours on my brothers SNES last year and still loved it. Its aged a lot better than Sim City 2000 on the same console, I think.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: April 17th, 2019, 4:14 pm Do you think? I played it for a few hours on my brothers SNES last year and still loved it. Its aged a lot better than Sim City 2000 on the same console, I think.
I went back to it a few years back and thought the UI and controls were awful - I’m confidant it was my own super high expectations and memories of it from when I was a child but I remember feeling sad about it.

I could also swear it was super detailed but looking at it now it’s very simple.

I do still love it though 😄.
Kez86

Post by Kez86 »

Would love to see a Timesplitters series. Especially with the fan development of Timesplitters: Rewind in the works. Great party game with a huge character roster, enjoyable single player and a game for completionists with multiple game modes.

Anyone who chose Robofish... :cry:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The TimeSplitters games are all already on the long list.
BrightNite

Post by BrightNite »

Are there any plans to do the PS2 Ratchet and Clank games? Also Hotel Dusk, Another Code, or Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward or Zero Time Dilemma. Apologies if these have already been mentioned, I went through the previous posts but I did skip a few pages as there are so many!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No worries. All of those you mention are already on the list.
Kez86

Post by Kez86 »

Apologies if already added to the list but this was a cult classic from my youth. Chase The Express

Not sure how this one popped into my mind and I know no one else who ever played or owned this game. I remember playing this game and enjoying it greatly during my infatuation of games such as Resident Evil 1, 2 and Nemesis as well as the brilliant Dino Crisis. A 3rd Person Shooter with some kind of stealth mechanic.

Essentially a game version of 'Under Siege 2'.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Added!
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

How about JumpJet Rex?

I've been playing it on Game Pass and would love to see if it stresses anyone else out as much as it does me.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Kez86 wrote: May 15th, 2019, 10:09 am Apologies if already added to the list but this was a cult classic from my youth. Chase The Express

Not sure how this one popped into my mind and I know no one else who ever played or owned this game. I remember playing this game and enjoying it greatly during my infatuation of games such as Resident Evil 1, 2 and Nemesis as well as the brilliant Dino Crisis. A 3rd Person Shooter with some kind of stealth mechanic.

Essentially a game version of 'Under Siege 2'.

Haha I remember this! At the time I thought it was brilliant. I’ve got a feeling I won’t be as keen now but a great suggestion nonetheless.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

FemalePheromones wrote: May 15th, 2019, 3:56 pm JumpJet Rex?
Added.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

One I just thought of that would make a really fascinating episode is Night in the Woods. I absolutely loved this when i played it last year and thought its characters were ironically the most human that I have ever encountered in a videogame. Not to mention, the political themes it deals with are sadly all too relevant these days and would make for some very interesting conversation.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It is (unsurprisingly) on the list.
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

Is We Happy Few on there? I tried to search but apparently the words are too common to be searched.

I tried playing it this week but got bored after about 2 hours because of its slow pace but I would definitely listen to you guys talk about it and see what you all think.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Rockstar Ate My Hamster! One of my favorite games on my old Amstrad. It popped in to my mind again when you mentioned the Amiga show. It was such a fun game, although I fear returning to it now may well open a huge can of politically incorrect worms. Loved it back then, though. Only ever managed to beat it once.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Jobobonobo wrote: May 28th, 2019, 8:50 pm One I just thought of that would make a really fascinating episode is Night in the Woods. I absolutely loved this when i played it last year and thought its characters were ironically the most human that I have ever encountered in a videogame. Not to mention, the political themes it deals with are sadly all too relevant these days and would make for some very interesting conversation.
I so wanted to like Night in the Woods - the music, art and writing are all incredible. I just wish it had more in the way of actual, you know, gameplay. Some platforming, some point and click styles puzzles... anything to get my teeth into. I know there are those that disagree, but I'm firmly of the opinion that unless a game has some level of of challenge or element of interactivity beyond simply navigating an environment, I just don't see the point and I'd honestly rather you had just made a short animation instead.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Alex79uk wrote: June 6th, 2019, 8:48 pm Rockstar Ate My Hamster!
Added.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

This isn't so much a suggestion, as a question.
With World of Warcraft Classic being released, what are the chances that version might get a C&R episode, or would you still feel like you needed to do the whole series of expansions?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It’s not inconceivable that we could do a show on just the earliest incarnation(s). In Tony, Darren and Chris we have three people who spent thousands of hours back in the mid-late 2000s.

If they’re keen to do that show I wouldn’t object.