The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: The Nintendo news and discussion thread

Post by Alex79 »

hazeredmist wrote: June 6th, 2019, 1:21 pm £25 physical https://www.amazon.co.uk/Binding-Isaac- ... th=1&psc=1

I had this game for many years on multiple formats, only actually getting into it when I bought a Switch version for some unknown reason! Love it.
Yeah it's quite a bit cheaper on cart, not the sort of thing I'd want to have physically though. It's more a kind of 'I'll have a quick go on this after a big session on something else' kind of game for me. Anything like that, I always go digital.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

hazeredmist wrote: June 6th, 2019, 12:55 pm Cheers guys.

I've just watched some gameplay videos, it does look slower and more considered, and it kinda makes me want to play Isaac again rather than start something similar-ish. Plus it will probably end up in a sale again by the time I want to actually sit down and play it... Still a few more hours to procrastinate.
From June 13th, it's free on the epic games store if that helps?
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

dezm0nd wrote: June 7th, 2019, 6:28 am
hazeredmist wrote: June 6th, 2019, 12:55 pm Cheers guys.

I've just watched some gameplay videos, it does look slower and more considered, and it kinda makes me want to play Isaac again rather than start something similar-ish. Plus it will probably end up in a sale again by the time I want to actually sit down and play it... Still a few more hours to procrastinate.
From June 13th, it's free on the epic games store if that helps?
Ah cheers, definitely something for Switch for me. I got a bit drunk last night and bought it, so the saga has come to a predictable end. Excited to play it - I had fired it up but passed out during the tutorial
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I wish I'd put a pre order down on Persona Q2, cos it now appears to be out of stock basically everywhere.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Hardly anyone stocks 3ds games now.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Even on the places that had it in stock, it is now out though. I shall keep my eyes peeled for a reasonably priced copy.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I added a Japanese account to my Switch to have a mooch around the store, but then decided to remove the account. Now my news feed is full of Japanese text stories! I can't seem to get rid of them, I've removed the account, tried unsubscribing to news channels but even when I then re-add them I still have loads of stories with Japanese writing. It doesn't matter really, but it's really bothering my neat and tidy streak where everything has to look in order and right. Anyone else had this problem?
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Once it's there it's there, but the stories will likely be superceded in a couple of weeks. It bothered me at first but I don't even look at the news feed any more. There's so much junk released. The advantages of a Japanese account far outweigh the duplication and Japanese text on the newsfeed, for me.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

clippa wrote: June 6th, 2019, 12:22 pm Enter the Gungeon is really good. The combat is a bit more slower paced and strategic than isaac and while this is great, it does harm it's replayability a bit. After 79 hours I was all gungeoned out, but it's an excellent game, the bullet hell bosses are really well done and the difficulty is pitch perfect.

If you do get it, some advice:

I wouldn't bother with the shortcuts, you want to be playing from the beginning every time, getting all the guns and gear you can.

Save your blanks for the bosses and don't take any chances, if you no-miss a boss you get an extra heart container. Don't be afraid to use them as you get 2 at the start of each chamber.

Play as the marine first. He has faster reload which is great, better accuracy and you get armour too. His starting pistol is great as well, you can get to chamber 4 using it exclusively and rack up a big collection of funky weapons.

Save all your keys until after you've cleared the chamber, you never know when a rarer chest might turn up (From worst to best - brown, blue, green, red, black, rainbow)

You'll learn which guns are great against bosses as you play, try to save at least one decent gun for the boss at the end of the chamber.
All noted cheers. I’m currently able to comfortably get to the first boss - 3/4 times now, but can’t beat them. It feels harder than Isaac, and items / health seem pretty rare in comparison unless I’m missing something but I am scouring every room I come across and barely get anything worth mentioning.

I’m playing as the Marine, mechanically I really like it and aesthetically it’s cool. But the bosses seem to have huuuuuuge energy bars and my shitty little pistol is impacting it like a woodpecker on a giant tree. I also haven’t mastered the dodge rolls.

I will persevere as there is something addictive about this one.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I don't mind the look of the Link's Awakening remake. Wouldn't have been my first choice, but I think the Zelda series has proven itself to be perfectly suitable to various art styles in the past. I'd rather not see another Wind Waker situation with everyone dunking on it just because it's new at first.

I go back and forth on the new Fire Emblem. A lot of the gameplay systems leave me scratching my head, but the story looks like it could have some serious potential if executed properly. FE is at its best when it knows how to deliver on both fronts. I really, really want this one to be nothing short of excellent. :|

Astral Chain looks really sweet so far.

And I for one can't wait to break into strange deserted mansions at night to get some of that sweet transgressive couch coop REmake action.
Spoiler: show
Who the hell asked for RE6, though? AGAIN? :roll:
JadePhoenix

Post by JadePhoenix »

It's so totally Nintendo to announce not just one, but TWO English releases of Seiken Densetsu 3, and also one of them releases today...
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Total fucking rubbish that was. SMT V is vapourware at this point, and it was the bloody game I bought my Switch for. Add a digital only Mana collection and the whole thing was just a massive disappointment.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Nintendo is sort of killing it today,
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I thought almost everything looked brilliant. Absolutely made up that Mana Collection is out today. And Contra!
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

I never played Panzer Dragoon but even I know that announcement is exciting.
And, while nothing will beat the Gameboy's Zelda for me, I have to admit, that new Link's Awakening is adorable AND pretty.
And Banjos back!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

LA remake looks like the natural successor to ALBW, which I liked a lot. So yeah, bring it on.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The LA remake looks great, but I suspect the switch tax will be in full effect and I don’t know if I want to buy it for full whack for a third time... hehe.

Not really much else to interest me in that one. A sequel to Breath of the Wild existing is nice to know, but was almost a given really.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Not mindblowing (was hoping for some possible info re: Xbox Live connectivity) but pretty good overall.

Panzer Dragoon looked a bit janky though, I thought, and the sizzle reel at the end left me almost entirely cold.

Great news about Witcher 3, hope it's a good port.
JadePhoenix

Post by JadePhoenix »

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't really announce anything new that we didn't already know about, other than BotW 2, which I agree is the least surprising announcement ever, and who knows when we'll actually see it. I can't help but feel like the delay of Animal Crossing (and possibly Metroid Prime 4) has left the end of the year feeling a bit empty. I'm excited for Pokemon, but it still feels like a handheld title to me, even I know though the distinction is silly.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Didn't they say something about some new indie game announcements coming later on? Fingers crossed there'll be some interesting stuff.