Whatcha Been Watching?

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Re: Whatcha Been Watching?

Post by Alex79 »

We watched When They See Us over the last two nights on Netflix. It's probably the best thing I've seen in a couple of years, absolutely incredible.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Since I do that bad movie podcast, I've been watching some...rough films for the first time.
I've now seen Johnny Mnemonic, Battlefield Earth and, just this weekend, Dragonball Evolution.
Actually, I gotta say, if you called the Dragonball movie ANYTHING ELSE but Dragonball, it might not be as reviled as it is. It's a horrendous adaption, just terrible, but, on it's own, it's fairly harmless and a bit entertaining at times.
Just change the fighting to skateboarding and little else would need to change.
Caligulas Horse

Post by Caligulas Horse »

duskvstweak wrote: June 17th, 2019, 5:10 pm Since I do that bad movie podcast
Which one is it?

I was listening to One Good Thing for awhile and that was quite fun. I do love a good bad film, I'd recommend Ghost Shark if you haven't seen it.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Caligulas Horse wrote: June 17th, 2019, 5:16 pm
duskvstweak wrote: June 17th, 2019, 5:10 pm Since I do that bad movie podcast
Which one is it?

I was listening to One Good Thing for awhile and that was quite fun. I do love a good bad film, I'd recommend Ghost Shark if you haven't seen it.
Is there seriously a bad movie podcast called One Good Thing?
Mine is called Three Nice Things.
I'm gonna go sit in the dark now.
Caligulas Horse

Post by Caligulas Horse »

duskvstweak wrote: June 17th, 2019, 5:18 pm

haha that's brilliant! I didn't realise you meant you actually made the podcast though, I'll have to check that out.

In One Good Thing the concept is they watch bad movies and have to find the things that they actually like about it, is that similar to your own?
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Caligulas Horse wrote: June 17th, 2019, 5:24 pm

haha that's brilliant! I didn't realise you meant you actually made the podcast though, I'll have to check that out.

In One Good Thing the concept is they watch bad movies and have to find the things that they actually like about it, is that similar to your own?
It's...the exact same thing.
*sigh*
Oh, well!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

:lol:

It's like the time I rocked up to band practice and proudly showed off the new bass line I'd written. Everyone just looked at me like I was mental until someone said, "Uh, it's New Born by Muse".

And it was. Note for note.

I wouldn't mind, but the exact same thing happened a few years later when I claimed to have written Come Together by Spiritualized.

:lol:
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

duskvstweak wrote: June 17th, 2019, 6:47 pm
*sigh*
Oh, well!
Absolutely savage.

I actually listened to the Mario Brothers episode. I like the format but I find it hard to listen to a podcast about something I haven't seen.

I'll probably listen to the Fantastic Four one as I'm curious enough to listen to a less than 1 hour podcast on it but nowhere near enough to actually watch it.

Other than that I'm keeping my eye out for when you do a film I actually know.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

duskvstweak wrote: June 17th, 2019, 6:47 pm
Caligulas Horse wrote: June 17th, 2019, 5:24 pm

*sigh*
Oh, well!
I’ve listened to both and prefer your show if I’m choosing. Also finding three things is harder than one!
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Thanks, guys!

Also, has anyone seen the new MIB movie? Reviews are bad, a friend of mine liked it, wife wants to see it. We'll probably go but I'm not looking forward to it.
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

duskvstweak wrote: June 17th, 2019, 11:01 pm Thanks, guys!

Also, has anyone seen the new MIB movie? Reviews are bad, a friend of mine liked it, wife wants to see it. We'll probably go but I'm not looking forward to it.
I haven't but definitely will at some point. I like Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson and my kids love MIB so even if I don't get anything out of it I'm sure they will.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I actually might get to the cinema for the first time in a long while to see Avengers Endgame tomorrow night.

I’ve got a short list of prior films I missed. Got Guardians 2, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Antman/wasp, Thor ragnarok all to see. Like I said a short list😀

I’m watching Guardians 2 now which is so much fun. A weird one because so much of it screams family film but the language and violence is very much adult in a few places. About 90% would be my son’s dream film but the other 10% means he’ll need to wait 6 or 7 years to see it.

Thinking I’ll be able to squeeze in one more. Infinity war seems most sensible. Any alternative suggestions?
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Infinity War is by far the most sensible choice out of those you've listed considering how IW and Endgame are very closely connected to one another. It's also an excellent movie in its own right and one of my favourite MCU movies to date.

Don't think you'll be disappointed.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Just started infinity war
Spoiler: show
holy s**t Loki, idris Elba and Thor seemingly killed in the first 5 mins. I’m pretty sure they aren’t all dead but still. Exciting stuff.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

My last two cinema trips have been breathtaking documentaries Diego Maradona and Apollo 11.
Recommended!
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

I didn't love Spider-Man: Homecoming, but I really enjoyed the new one. Good time, all around. Actually, considering I wasn't very excited for it or Toy Story 4 and both have been the most enjoyable times at the cinema lately, maybe I need to get over myself.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I'm a little late, but been watching Love, Death & Robots on my lunch breaks. They're the perfect length to watch a couple at a time. They're exceptional, all the different animation styles. I really loved Fish Night. The cell shaded, possibly rotoscoped (?) animation was amazing, just such a treat to look at. Really good series, hope they do another one!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh also we took the kids to watch Toy Story 4 on Ellis birthday. First cinema trip for the youngest one. Really enjoyed it, solid film all round. I think TS3 is still my favorite, though. I challenge anyone to watch either 3 or 4 and not get a little choked up towards the end.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

3 is brutal. The bit where they're all holding hands accepting their pending death? Jesus Christ. How that's in a kid's film I'll never know
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

That's the exact scene I always single out. It's so powerful, exactly as you say, they realise there is no escaping death and bravely accept their end together. Amazing stuff.