Games Completed 2019

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ReprobateGamer

Re: Games Completed 2019

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Spoiler: show
Jan - Lego Marvel Avengers
Jan - Titanfall 2
Feb - Oxenfree
March - Gorogoa
April - Resident Evil 2 Remake - Leon A + Claire 2nd Run + Runaway
April - Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 - story
April - holedown
June - Abzú
July - Gears Of War 4 (story)
July 12th - The Gardens Below (Xbox One) - 100%

I wouldn't have come across this without Game Pass and probably wouldn't have tried it without TrueAchievements Bean Hunt.
And it's a lovely little puzzle game where you don't have direct control of the two characters (Arina and Frendt) but instead you control the passage of time (forwards and backwards at will) as they make their way up islands of common everyday items (like TV's, sofa's and clothes lines.)
What little narrative is not directly linked to the gameplay but doesn't suffer for it - though I correctly guessed the ending very early on. This is partly however as the characterisation is wonderfully done considering the only words used are in the end credits song.
Sound was functional and not instrusive - except for one sound effect that seems obviously cartoony compared to the atmosphere of the rest of the game.
The whole game, including all achievements, can be run in a couple of hours. I don't believe any puzzle can reach a position that it can't be solved but you do have to keep an eye on the environment and some of the puzzles involve an amount of backtracking, which can be a little tedious.
This one is definitely worth a try
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

DomsBeard wrote: July 13th, 2019, 10:20 am Flabyo, I played 2033 at launch and had a choice of two options at the end. I chose the option that turned out to be non canon. I take it that is now the bad ending?
I’m not sure which one is canon yet. I guess I’ll find out when I start Last Light.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Helium Rain (PC)

An excellent, if a little one-dimensional, space trading and fighting game - the win condition is to become the top corporation by value, and there's nothing stopping you getting there but putting in the hours. It's good, but suffers from the usual lack of things to do in these games, and while I don't regret playing the game (I enjoyed it), those last 20 hours where I had done it all but needed my value to outstrip all the others could probably have been better spent doing something else.

The Fidelio Incident (PC)

Follows a couple fleeing the Troubles who crash their plane on the Icelandic coast - but all is not as it seems. The storytelling piece of this was very good, but the mechanical aspects were the usual walking sim, turn the valves to clear the obstacle -type thing. There were some missteps in regard to some of the detail and the accents, but probably not noticeable to a non-Irish person. Despite eyerolling my way through it at times, I really enjoyed it. I got this in the Steam sale for €1 and I just noticed normal price is €10, so that was a real bargain. If you see it for €1, snatch it up. ;)

For maps-in-games fans, the game 'map' was rather interesting :lol: :
Combine Hunter

Post by Combine Hunter »

15/02 - Resident Evil 2 (PS4)
17/02 - Final Fantasy VIII (PS Vita)
18/02 - FAR: Lone Sails (PC)
14/04 - Final Fantasy IX (PS Vita)
28/04 - Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (PC)
09/05 - Devil May Cry 5 (PC)
11/05 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PC)
26/05 - Observation (PC)
04/06 - Katana Zero (Switch)
29/06 - Dino Crisis (PS3)
13/07 - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)

Thoughts on the pod.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Jan 16 - Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)
Jan 20 - FTL: Faster Than Light (PC) (Easy)
Jan 25 - Final Fantasy VIII (PSVita - PS1 Classic)
Jan 27 - Puzzle Bobble (Switch) (Difficulty Level 4 - One credit)
Feb 3 - Metal Slug 3 (PS4 - PS2 anthology version on Easy)
Feb 8 - Puzzle Bobble 2 (Switch)(Vs Computer mode - Normal)
Feb 12 - Puzzle Bobble 2 (Switch)(Puzzle mode - One credit)
Feb 20 - Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (3DS - DS cart)
Feb 21 - Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch) (World of Light)
Mar 3 - Ristar (JP version) (PC)
Mar 22 - Wargroove (Switch)
Mar 31 - River City Ransom (Switch - NES rom)
Apr 2 - Donkey Kong '94 (3DS - VC)
Apr 20 - Super Dodge Ball (Switch - NES rom)
Apr 28 - Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
May 2 - Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch)
May 2 - Aladdin SNES (PC emulation)
May 6 - Aladdin Mega Drive (PC Emulator)
Jun 16 - Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Majima Saga (PS4)
Jun 17 - Tetris Effect (PS4) (Normal) (Jul 6 - Expert)
Jun 23 - Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (Switch)
Jun 24 - A Bird Story (PC)
Jun 29 - Crypt of the Necrodancer (Switch)(Cadence) (Jun 30 - Melody)
Jun 30 - Motorsport Manager 3 (Android)
Jul 3 - Finding Paradise (PC)
Jul 13 - Sorcery! (Android)

A short adventure. Too short as I only felt I was settling into the game's groove near the end. It ended with a nice battle against some kind of big beast in a cave which felt good. As the game itself told me at the end, I would use my words and then magic to usually avoid fights, glad it usually worked. I am interested in continuing the adventure.
Beck

Post by Beck »

January
God of War (2018)
Yoku's Island Express - Switch
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
February
A Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
March
Resident Evil 2 - Lean side A
May
Divinity Original Sin 2
Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Uncharted 4
June
Batman Arkham Asylum
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Really enjoyed this one. Fun story, not too long and a really fun trophy list. What else does a man need?
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Beck wrote: July 18th, 2019, 12:58 pm
January
God of War (2018)
Yoku's Island Express - Switch
February
A Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
March
Resident Evil 2 - Lean side A
May
Divinity Original Sin 2
Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Uncharted 4
June
Batman Arkham Asylum
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Really enjoyed this one. Fun story, not too long and a really fun trophy list. What else does a man need?
Chocolate?
James

Post by James »

1st Jan - Virginia (Xbox One)
13th Jan - Gravity Rush 2 (PS4)
27th Jan - Mortal Kombat (Vita)
3rd Feb - Mortal Kombat X (Xbox One)
18th Feb - Crackdown 3 (Xbox One)
12th Mar - Dark Souls 3: Ashes Of Ariandel (Xbox One)
17th Mar - Dark Souls 3: The Ringed City (Xbox One)
6th May - Guildmaster Story (iOS)
15th May - Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4)
22nd May - Mortal Kombat 11 (PS4) (Platinum Trophy)
27th May - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (Xbox One)
2nd Jun - Sekiro: SDT (Xbox One) (1000G)
6th Jun - Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (PSVR)
13th Jun - Furi (PS4)
18th Jun - Blood & Truth (PSVR)
21st Jun - Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
25th Jun - Burly Men At Sea (PS4)
25th Jun - Hatoful Boyfriend (PS4)
26th Jun - Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)
8th Jul - Sunset (PC)
18th Jul - NieR: Automata (PS4) (Ending A)

Do not worry, I know this is not The End!

I can't really explain why I waited this long to play the sequel to one of my all-time favourite games, but here we are, two years after release. Ending A complete, but I'll be rolling into Route B straight away.

Another thing I can't do is remember how I felt about NieR at this point. So long after the fact, Endings A-D have all blended into one. After Ending A of Automata though, I can say that I have more questions than answers. This is a good thing.

I'll report back.
James

Post by James »

13th Jun - Furi (PS4)
8th Jul - Sunset (PC)
21st Jul - Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)

As per for a Mario game, the credits roll well before all of the Story Mode levels are completed. I think I have 27 levels left to do, but there may be more to unlock. Based on dezm0nd's experience, I sincerely doubt my ability to polish them all off, but I'll have a bash.

Still haven't actually made anything though. :oops:
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Jan - Lego Marvel Avengers
Jan - Titanfall 2
Feb - Oxenfree
March - Gorogoa
April - Resident Evil 2 Remake - Leon A + Claire 2nd Run + Runaway
April - Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 - story
April - holedown
June - Abzú
July - Gears Of War 4 (story)
July - The Gardens Below - 100%
21st July - Old Mans Journey (Xbox One)

A platform puzzler with an impressionist graphical style and music by the same mind behind the Oxenfree soundtrack is not a bad elevator pitch. The problem is I'm left after the fact going 'meh'. The basic concept is that you have to raise and lower the landscape for your character to be able to move to the next screen but you can't move the area you are stood upon - there's no 'fail' state though there is 'not yet complete." I did find one part I had to restart as I managed to get one hill behind another and there isn't an 'undo' option and the detection for selecting landscapes would occasionally be a little screwy.
There is a story to the game but it's sadly a generic journey to redemption with flashbacks - I don't think there was a single narrative beat that didn't hit the trope within the less than two hour playtime

A side note on achievements on this game - not a single one is earn as a result of completing the game. The game allows for a myriad of little actions (such as your cursor blocking part of a waterfall, or causing background hot air balloons to raise or lower) and it's these actions that both trigger the flashbacks and also pop up the achievements. These imply a wealth of thought went into the game and I quite like the idea of it of these little bits of scenic background action - though I wonder if they are put in to help fill the time whilst waiting for your character to move from one area to another ...

However, because of the woolly detection (and no controller remapping!) one of the achievements still alludes me. There's a section where you have to sections of track in front of a moving train but the camera is so close you don't have a lot of time to react and using the right bumper feels a little off. It's far too easy to grab the wrong section and be unable to move it, or one particular section does not seem to connect quite wrong. I've had more than one otherwise perfect runs ruined by this one piece stopping the train without any warning, which when you then select and de-select (without moving) lets the train through.

It feels like a lot of care went into the aethestics of the game (with a distinctive Gallic feel) and the soundtrack is perfectly in keeping though not remarkable but the actual mechanics are not as tight as they could be and let the game down a little. I'll continue to try to get that last achievement (it's not a rare achievement so it may just be me having a rubbish moment) but I do not plan to hold onto this one

tl;dr Good atmosphere but no substance to this indie puzzler.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Jan 13: Marvel Spiderman
Jan 26: Gravity Rush Remastered
Mar 18: Ratchet and Clank (PS4)
Mar 30: Thomas was Alone
May 4: Furi
May 5: Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
July 22: Gravity Rush 2
The original Gravity Rush was a charming little title that while not flawless, had a nice flow to its gameplay and absolutely stellar presentation. It had a pretty nice base and the potential for improvement a sequel could bring could turn what I thought to be a good game into a great one. However, GR2 is an anomaly in that in nearly every regard, it felt like a regression from what it had accomplished before. Things that were fine or at worst functional in the first game had changes bought upon them that made for a far less pleasant experience.

First off, combat. This was never this series’ strong point and thought it had too much of a focus even in the original. But it was serviceable overall. This game? There were countless times when I had an enemy in my sights, would perform a gravity kick straight at the target and despite actually contacting said enemy would go through it doing no damage whatsoever and having to turn around and try again. This sloppiness was present throughout the game pretty much constantly and made me hate going up against the Nevi, especially the flying ones. A similar complaint can be levied in general in any timed mission, trying to stop the missiles from hitting the tower while you are careening past them entirely was utter torture and made me stop playing the game for nearly three weeks!

My other major complaint is that the “stealth” sections can go do one. You have to go on a set path each time and if you stray even slightly, you fail or are teleported back to the beginning! Of course, no gravity allowed because why use your main mechanic in varied and interesting ways while you just slowly have to go through a level within very strict parameters and repeat the same sections over and over again? Absolute dreadful tosh. Not to mention, platforming sections without gravity are also godawful, the amount of times I swore I hit the X button and Kat would not jump were too many to count. Hated the Battle Nurse side missions with a passion.

Other complaints about this game include it being WAY too long (would have been way more focused if you just were in one of the two cities for the entire game, would have flowed way better), upgrading your skills now pretty much requires endless grinding for gems as you need far too many to upgrade anything, Episode 12 where you have to escape Neu Hiraleon with that shitty camera and just general tedium and repetition with some of the tasks you had to do (finding the creators by following the light in the DLC dragged for way too long and you were doing the same thing each time).

So despite not really enjoying myself why did I beat the game and the DLC? Because it still does have the personality of the original. Kat is just a likeable character to play as, some of the side missions were actually fun and told us more about the world and the characters within it (trying to blend in with people who were brainwashed and just flinging customers into an ice cream queue using your stasis were particular highlights), the Lunar powers were really fun for jumping around and should have been utilised far more and I actually enjoyed the last true chapter of the game which goes more into the backstory which was actually quite touching. Of course, helping all this along is some top tier music and a gorgeous art style which the PS4 certainly helped enhance from the original.

And that is the true tragedy of this game, the whole gravity shifting concept is not actually given room to be used to its full potential. Tighten the combat (by a LOT), introduce puzzles to put your gravity shifting to the test and utilise the new abilities far more than they were and this really could have been a fantastic time. But sadly, the Mario Galaxy games managed to wring a whole lot more out of the gravity mechanics than this game did and when gravity tinkering is the main selling point of your game then that is quite the disappointment.

This was probably the most ranty I have ever been in regards to articulating my thoughts with a game but this was such a unwieldy, bloated mess with so many flaws that I had to just get it all out of me. This game really pissed me off with its bullshit. After such a promising first entry, this game royally screwed the pooch in terms of realising the potential it had. A real shame.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Flabyo wrote: July 12th, 2019, 10:06 pm 5th Jan - Rise of the Tomb Raider (XBO)
1st Feb - Doom (2016) (XBO)
20th Feb - Crackdown 3: Campaign (XBO)
25th Mar - Bound (PS4)
30th Mar - Shadow of the Tomb Raider (XBO)
29th April - Mortal Kombat 11 Story Mode (PS4)
17th May - Middle Earth: Shadow of War (XBO)
25th May - Wolfenstein 2 (XBO)
28th May - Tacoma (XBO)
12th July - Metro 2033 Redux (XBO)
23rd July - Timespinner (XBO)

Seen 3 of the 4 possible endings (I’ll have to play the whole game again to see the last one).

I really enjoyed that. It’s a pretty straightforward take on the Symphony of the Night formula, hidden endings and all. It’s perhaps a little easy (at least on the default difficulty), but I found it far more fun to play than Hollow Knight, which I just can’t seem to get on with.
James

Post by James »

13th Jun - Furi (PS4)
8th Jul - Sunset (PC)
21st Jul - Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
24th Jul - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)

MUA3 might feel quite a lot like its predecessors, but thankfully the decade long series gap meant I was really quite excited for this game nonetheless. And I wasn't disappointed. It's mashy, and chaotic, and silly in all the ways I wanted it to be. Frequently, I would lose track of my character amongst the numbers and colours gloriously erupting onto the screen, but the action is loose and fast enough that this never presented a problem.

The story mode throws character after character at you, whilst threading familiar locations together into a more-or-less functional story. If this all sounds a little narratively insubstantial, it kinda is. However, throughout at least 15 hours I've played so far I have had at least 15 hours of fun.

I've also blocked exactly 3 times, the number asked of me in the tutorial. Other than that I was far too busy dodging, jumping, swinging, flying, teleporting, smashing, punching, kicking, slashing, shooting, chaining, blasting and whomping to be worried about blocking. The combat is all go, and only rarely lets up for a ridiculously-simple puzzle or a chance to apply upgrades and switch up your team. More common are the cutscenes, which I found pretty enjoyable, especially after having suffered Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite's take on an Infinity Gem story a couple of years ago.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 isn't going to trouble Spider-Man as my favourite superheroic video game of this generation (so far), but I dare say I'll still be chipping away at the Infinity Trials, DLC and Superior difficulty level come the end of the year.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

1st February - Dark Souls
8th February - The Gardens Between
9th February - Quarantine Circular
20th February - Night in the woods
26th March - Ape Out
16th June - Brothers
25th June - My Friend Pedro
7th July - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

23rd July - Streets of Rage 2

After several decades of watching Gamesmaster, buying Mean Machines to get those free VHS tapes and owning a couple of consoles that could emulate it, I finally bought the Sega Classics Collection and busted through SOR2. I'd wanted to for 20+ years.

What a pleasure. I'd long read how joyous it was and as a Master System owner I'd hammered hours into that dodgy port. But to finally feel those crunching punches land, hear those iconic tracks and crowd manage the sort of folks who'd inhabit Soho 15 years back, was wonderful.

I always knew I'd love this game so it was a pleasure to finally play through it. Massively abused the save state functionality after putting an hour into SOR1 and dying loads but also presume it's designed to best be played in co-op.

Can't wait for SOR4 which, I personally think, looks highly in keeping with the direction this series was headed at the time.

Not sure what to play on the collection next.

Comix Zone? Revenge of Shinobi? Bonanza Bros?
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

25/01 - Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
31/01 - Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
01/02 - SOMA (Safe Mode)
09/02 - Shadow Warrior
18/02 - Mulaka
26/02 - NieR: Automata - 3C3C1D119440927 DLC
02/03 - Race Driver: GRID
04/03 - Bladed Fury
10/03 - Devil May Cry 5 (Devil Hunter)
13/03 - AER: Memories of Old
17/03 - Devil May Cry 5 (Son of Sparda)
20/03 - Devil May Cry 5 (Human)
05/04 - God of War III Remastered
12/04 - Devil May Cry 5 (Dante Must Die)
14/04 - Journey
15/04 - ABZU
22/04 - Journey
28/04 - Lost Planet: Extreme Condition - Colonies Edition
30/04 - Dangerous Driving
02/05 - Final Fantasy XV - Episode Gladiolus/Episode Prompto/Episode Ignis
12/05 - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition
21/05 - RiME
22/05 - Remember Me
20/06 - Bioshock
08/07 - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2
11/07 - Bioshock 2
25/07 - Inside

A combination of factors got me to try this out, but being honest, if it weren't for this specific situation, I probably wouldn't have played it. It just so happened to come up on Games with Gold around the same time the episode of the pod on it was coming around, so it seemed like a good time to give it a chance. However, I did not enjoy Limbo at all, and very quickly lost patience with Little Nightmares, a very similar game to Playdead's output. Out of the three, I'm probably the most positive on Inside, but I don't think I would say I actually like it. I don't hate it at least, and actually managed to finish it.

It suffers from the same problem those other two games do. In that in its attempt to create fiendish puzzles and tense, dangerous situations, it ends up defeating itself and having the opposite of the intended effect, nullifying its attempt at trying to build atmosphere and tension. When it comes to stealth sections or puzzles where you need to avoid an enemy, the solution is often not very obvious, yet you are given hardly any time to think about your approach. This ends up leading to repeated deaths over and over. The first failure already kills the tension, and the situation end up being reduced a frustrating obstacle that feels mean and arbitrary. It also doesn't help that several of them are designed so you have only just enough time to escape, even if you execute things perfectly. So it can create a situation where you're not sure if you're barking up the wrong tree, or on the right track but just not performing it well enough. Which is not helped by the controls being floaty and a little sluggish. And screw those sections with the mer-child things. Hated that.

But I will say in that sense it is still much better than Limbo. The art design, despite still being very muted and dark, has at least some colour to it that helps to point out objects of interest, and the 3D graphics make the environment itself a lot more readable, so you're not falling in to traps that you literally can't have seen until you already sprung them. You also can't move trolleys unless you're intentionally pushing too, so you're not fumbling about, accidentally pushing them away from where you need them when you're just trying to get on top of them.

And there were a few things I liked about Inside too. The art design is pretty impressive. The aesthetic they were going for didn't really speak to me personally, and as I said other things kind of ruin the atmosphere, but visually it's got a strong identity that is executed well. They nailed what they were going for. The dystopian world that it builds is quite intriguing too. It made me wonder about exactly what is going on in this world, and how things got to be this way. It's a pretty unique take on brainwashing the masses and science gone astray. It seemed like in this world most humans are just reduced to unthinking husks with no consciousness or will of their own, with the oppressive regime hunting down and eliminating any sign of sentience outside of their own control. And what exactly was the role of the child you play as in all of this? Some kind of escaped lab experiment?

Some of the experiments in the lab areas later were pretty cool both visually and mechanically too. Controlling the mindless humans in some of the earlier puzzles was a high point. Made for some inventive puzzles that felt creepy and unnerving, without having to deal with some monster killing you every 10 seconds. And the stuff with the upside-down water later on was really original and clever, and made for some great visuals too. That kind of thing could be used as the base for an entire game on its own.

The section at the very end was quite fun too. I guess that's one thing I'll save from spoiling, although it's something I knew about going in myself. It was pretty cathartic, but also a little disturbing in its own way too. But it also brings up the story in general. There's obviously some metaphor here. I haven't got a big theory worked out, but I got the impression it might have been some kind of metaphor for childbirth. I also noticed how there seemed to be almost no sign of any women in this game at all, outside of a few very specific cases, that lead me to think that was pretty intentional. I can also see that tying in to the childbirth theme, and adds an interesting layer to the dystopia of this world too. I think I recall having heard the childbirth theory before, so I suppose it's not a particularly original take. I've also heard there's a secret ending if you get all the collectables. I only got one, and I don't plan on ever getting any more.

Writing all that out. I'm surprised how positive it was. Because overall, I don't really like the game that much. Despite the few things I did like, most of the time when my feelings were anything other than neutral while playing, it was annoyance. And it's generally much easier to complain about something than be positive, so I don't know how I managed to write all of that. I guess it's one of those games that are more interesting to think about than actually play. I don't expect I'll ever be revisiting this one.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Resident Evil 2
God of War
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Prey
Persona 5
Tetris Effect
Journey
Red Dead Redemption 2
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Mega Man 11
Metal Gear: Survive
Undertale
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Dante's Inferno
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Metal Slug X
Inside
Phantasy Star
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

January:
Tale of Tales Collection
Virginia
Gravity Rush 2
Nier Automata

Feb:
Wolfenstein 2
Prey (2006)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Aladdin SNES
Aladdin Mega Drive
Donkey Kong

March:
Donkey King Country
Pilotwings
Dino crisis
Pony Island
Ape Escape
Donkey Kong country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Monkey Island 2

April:
DK 94
Inside (PS4)
Pony island
Shovel Knight plague of shadows
Dk64
Banjo Kazooie

May:
Banjo Tooie
Furi
Observer
Shovel Knight Specter of Torment

June:
Super Meat Boy
Evil Within

July:
Prey 2017
27th July:

Evil within 2

Much longer than I thought it would be. Mixed feelings compared to the first game. Will have to mull it over.

So many things unlocked at the end so tempted to try new game plus later in the year.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Simonsloth wrote: July 27th, 2019, 12:38 am
Evil within 2

Much longer than I thought it would be. Mixed feelings compared to the first game. Will have to mull it over.
Doesn't sound good! I thought it flew by compared to the first one, but I was really into it.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Chopper wrote: July 27th, 2019, 9:28 am
Simonsloth wrote: July 27th, 2019, 12:38 am
Evil within 2

Doesn't sound good! I thought it flew by compared to the first one, but I was really into it.
The first game felt like a series of vignettes of variable quality whereas this felt more like a singular creative vision.

Overall the quality was probably higher consistently but the peaks were less obvious. The first game to me was more of a mediocre game with excellent set pieces whereas this was good without any really memorable bits.

Having said that I preferred the original on my second playthrough so I’m going to give this another go later in the year.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

A bit more coherent story too, I was glad they fleshed it out a bit :)