The Nintendo news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Stanshall

Re: The Nintendo news and discussion thread

Post by Stanshall »

Nintendo of Europe are not changing their repairs policy or customer services response. Presumably, the class action didn't create ripples beyond the States.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Stanshall wrote: July 25th, 2019, 8:34 am Nintendo of Europe are not changing their repairs policy or customer services response. Presumably, the class action didn't create ripples beyond the States.
Oh dear. Now I'm even more paranoid if mine develop the drift. I'm sure they are out of warranty.

To be clear, I love my Switch, my issues with it are entirely fixed by the Satisfye grip and PD power bar. If I can escape this drift issue, I'll be fine... I use the Pro Controller or my arcade stick exclusively when it's docked.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Suits wrote: July 24th, 2019, 9:27 pmSo in my experience, some do wiggle more than others.
They absolutely do. I've had 3 different pairs and they've all wiggled differently, with varying severity.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I've never had drift personally, either on two sets of JC or the Pro. I've just had the crap connection when I used the JC separately. So it'll keep my fingers crossed.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

I had no problems with my original JCs until the Shovel Knight incident the other week, but I’m finding the new set I got struggling with range - had to move the settee closer to the TV to stop it.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Ha, it seems that Doom, Doom II & Doom 3 are all coming to Switch in the next few days, likely to tie in with Quake-Con.

Priced at £4, £4 & £8 - pretty cool.

I’ve not played Doom 3 since I bought a PC to play it when it released.

They’ve all got additional content too, be it official add-ons or community (developer supervised) content.

Sounds blooming brilliant if you ask me.

Just need Doom 64 now !!
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Huh, I was literally just wondering the other day if the OG Doom would get released on Switch!
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Devolver Digital is taking suggestions for which game of theirs they should release next on Switch.

I'm crossing fingers for a Hotline Miami compilation and Metal Wolf Chaos.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/0 ... _on_switch
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

KissMammal wrote: July 26th, 2019, 6:30 pm I'm crossing fingers for a Hotline Miami compilation
That would be pretty cool - I found the levels on the second one were always just a bit longer than I was comfortable with. It went from pick up and play to a bit of a chore, as you couldn't save in a level. That would be helped by the Switch's suspend/resume though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Picked up the original Doom. It's pretty cool having it on Switch. Annoying you are forced to sign in to a Bethesda account, but you only have to do it once (so bear in mind if you want to play it away from WiFi, make sure you 'activate' it at home before you take it out).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Chopper wrote: July 27th, 2019, 9:32 am
KissMammal wrote: July 26th, 2019, 6:30 pm I'm crossing fingers for a Hotline Miami compilation
That would be pretty cool - I found the levels on the second one were always just a bit longer than I was comfortable with. It went from pick up and play to a bit of a chore, as you couldn't save in a level. That would be helped by the Switch's suspend/resume though.
Not sure I need them again having them on Vita, but I was surprised they're not already on Switch!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Has anyone bought Doom 3? Just wondered what the performance was like. I remember building a PC around it when it was originally released and then giving up after a couple of hours because it was too scary :lol: Quite like the idea of trying it again on handheld.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

These three doom reissues appear to have achievement lists on the Xbox one as well, so I don’t think it’s just the switch getting them. (And it also seems like we might be getting Doom 64 on some or all of the consoles as well...)
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: July 27th, 2019, 1:15 pm Has anyone bought Doom 3? Just wondered what the performance was like. I remember building a PC around it when it was originally released and then giving up after a couple of hours because it was too scary :lol: Quite like the idea of trying it again on handheld.
I’m actually playing Doom 3 now, I just couldn't resist it, not having played it since it came out.

It shows its age but it’s still damn creepy and cool.

It’s runs fine man, no complaints from me at all.

Oh yeah, and if you’ve not, or generally don’t, I’d encourage people to listen too and read the emails from the PDA, it really sets the tone and atmosphere, it’s essential I think.
Suits

Post by Suits »

What a time to be alive.

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cool, will probably check it out at some point. Just checked the Google Play store by the way, and it amuses me slightly that the Android releases of Doom 1 & 2 are more expensive than they are on Switch.

Reminds me actually, I had the first Doom on my iPod touch well over a decade ago. It had a funny control system with a little steering wheel you used to turn, which worked susprisingly well.

In other related chat, I just got Hard West on Switch. Been on my Watchlist a while, and was reduced to about £4 from £18, and with gold points cost me £2.69. Looks interesting, it's a wild west Xcom style game which seems like it would be a great fit on the console.
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

KissMammal wrote: July 26th, 2019, 6:30 pm I'm crossing fingers for a Hotline Miami compilation and Metal Wolf Chaos.
I wouldn't say no to Hotline Miami again, but I've played them to death, and Katana Zero has done a lot to fill that space.
I'd love to see Luftrausers brought to Switch. That's one of the few reasons my Vita still gets charged somewhat consistently.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 11:54 am Great points KSub; sorry for not giving a longer reply here but I've gotten myself into a multiplayer game of FOGE with strangers on the internet :o
No problem, hopefully it was thought-provoking at least.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Bit of a surprise this week as DC Universe Online dropped on Switch, and is a decent port by all accounts. Its a game I've always meant to take a look at, and have even downloaded more than once on PS4, and never got round to it, and now there's never been a better time to give it a go. Downloading now!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Should have posted this the other day, and everyone probably already knows, but Mario Tennis is currently free for a week (5 days left) on the eShop. Just enough time to complete the story mode, as it happens. I'm making good progress, and it's a fun game, but this week will be enough for me. What a great idea!