Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Flabyo

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Flabyo »

Yeah, it’s very difficult. Loved the music though.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Yeah, I bought that a while back mostly because of that soundtrack, I like the art style too, but it was how often I listen to the soundtrack that incentivized me to pick it up (haven't played it yet though).
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I've found that PSN doesn't always do a great job of telling you there's a deal on any specific game*, so I was wondering if there was a PS equivalent of 'is there any deal?' and it turns out there is!

https://psdeals.net/

I've just signed up so I don't know how good it is, but it seems to allow you to select a game and put it on your notification list, as well as showing discount history/historic low etc.

*It's not of much interest around these parts, but MLB The Show 19 is 33% off for the next 12 days (in European stores - it was already discounted for the All Star break in the US last week) and doesn't show up on any deals section.

In regard to actual deals, Subnautica is a new low at 33% off in a weekend deal that ends in one day, so that's quite good if you were curious about one of the tip-top games in its genre.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Chopper wrote: July 14th, 2019, 10:03 am I've found that PSN doesn't always do a great job of telling you there's a deal on any specific game*, so I was wondering if there was a PS equivalent of 'is there any deal?' and it turns out there is!
Nice! That'll come in handy. :)

Chopper wrote: July 14th, 2019, 10:03 am *It's not of much interest around these parts, but MLB The Show 19 is 33% off for the next 12 days (in European stores - it was already discounted for the All Star break in the US last week) and doesn't show up on any deals section.
BOUGHT
Suits

Post by Suits »

Castlevania Collection on Switch is 30% off, so I picked that up for about £9.

Which is nice.

🦇🦇
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

KSubzero1000 wrote: July 14th, 2019, 11:02 am BOUGHT
:lol:

I was of course using that merely as an illustration of how PSN doesn't work very well.

But did you know that baseball is the nerdiest of sports, due to the sheer volume of games lending themselves to statistical analysis? In fact it has been locked in a titanic battle between the Nerds and the Jocks for the last 10-20 years (a battle the Nerds have decisively won, to detrimental effect, some would say).
Jason Wyerth wrote:"They’ve got all these super nerds in the front office that know nothing about baseball but they like to project numbers and project players,” Werth said. "It’s to the point where you just put computers out there. Just put laptops and what have you, just put them out there and let them play. We don’t even need to go out there anymore. It’s a joke.

Anyway, I wouldn't wish baseball upon you - I imagine Cricket 19 is more your area; I'll let you know when I get it so we can multiplayer. :P
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Is it a deal? Not sure but I just bought Kingdom Hearts: The story so far for 17.99 on Amazon which bundles nearly all the previous entries in the series before 3.

Handily this means I can sell my old copies of the games on previous systems and make a tidy profit.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

If you have amazon prime, the PlayStation classic was £16, I think it’s a waitlist deal right now.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

This War of Mine and the wonderful Moonlighter both free on the Epic Store.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Simonsloth wrote: July 14th, 2019, 9:36 pm Is it a deal? Not sure but I just bought Kingdom Hearts: The story so far for 17.99 on Amazon which bundles nearly all the previous entries in the series before 3.

Handily this means I can sell my old copies of the games on previous systems and make a tidy profit.
Had my eye on this, are there particular games I need to play to get to Kingdom Hearts 3?. Stupid question I know but the 1.5 etc has confused me in the past.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

DomsBeard wrote: July 26th, 2019, 10:24 am
Simonsloth wrote: July 14th, 2019, 9:36 pm Is it a deal? Not sure but I just bought Kingdom Hearts: The story so far for 17.99 on Amazon which bundles nearly all the previous entries in the series before 3.

Had my eye on this, are there particular games I need to play to get to Kingdom Hearts 3?. Stupid question I know but the 1.5 etc has confused me in the past.
The disc has almost everything you need to play to be more than up to date with the franchise. The story is incredibly convoluted that even playing the main entries will leave you in the dark on some bits.

I’ve spoken to a few people who have played the third main game without playing the others and although they enjoyed it they all regretted not having broached some of the previous entries.

For the price it’s a ridiculous amount of game per pound!
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Tesco have some crazy deals on at the moment it seems.

A colleague of mine picked up Tropical Freeze and Mairo/Rabbids for the Switch for £10 each last night.

Might be worth checking out your local store.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Phwoar!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Surely some error!? I'll check out my local one ASAP!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Hyper Light Drifter and Mutant Year Zero are next week's free games on the Epic Games Store :shock:

I didn't really get on with the former but the latter is excellent too and just about doesn't outstay its welcome at around 15 hours.
James

Post by James »

Chopper wrote: August 11th, 2019, 10:24 am Hyper Light Drifter and Mutant Year Zero are next week's free games on the Epic Games Store :shock:

I didn't really get on with the former but the latter is excellent too and just about doesn't outstay its welcome at around 15 hours.
Both games are now available on the Epic store. Free for the next 7 days, until 22nd August.

Go go go!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

30-40% price drops today on a whole slew of PS3 & 4 games on the PS Store.

Metro Exodus 50% off.

Heaven's Vault and For the King - 40% off.

The Council 63% off.

And [counts] ...609 more, plenty that fall into the 'I'll try it at that price' bucket.

https://psdeals.net/gb-store/discounts? ... ounts-desc
James

Post by James »

Fez is now available as this week's Epic Store freebie. It's available until Thursday (29th August), so act now!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

I'm not going to claim it on the EGS but I'm gonna re-listen to the C&R podcast today when I'm playing Elite. I only played it on the most superficial level back in the day but finished the basic game. Love/hate the map in particular. :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Just picked Crayola Scoot up on the Nintendo eShop for £2.49 (£2.10 after applying gold points). Absolute bargain! I remember Dave or Mat or someone talking about it on TCGS a while back, saying it was a decent Tony Hawks lite crossed with Splatoon type game for kids. My boys should be well pleased with it. I almost grabbed it for them for £15 in B&M the other week but held off, glad I waited now.